Metal Storm logo
Darkthrone - To Re-Release Demos On Vinyl

Norwegian black metal duo Darkthrone will be re-releasing on November 14th four demos on vinyl format under the name Sempiternal Past.

Sempiternal Past contains all four of Darkthrone's cult demo releases recorded in 1988-1989 (Land Of Frost, A New Dimension, Thulcandra, and Cromlech); now fully restored and remastered from the best tape sources available. Also included on this release are the tracks recorded at Oslo TV in 1989, along with a restored version of the rare song "God Of Disturbance And Friction". It will be available on limited double vinyl with gatefold sleeve, with the sleeve including band notes, plus rare images and photos.

Sempiternal Past tracklist and cover:

Side A
01. Land Of Frost
02. Winds Of Triton
03. Forest Of Darkness
04. Odyssey Of Freedom
05. Day Of The Dead

Side B
01. Intro
02. Snowfall
03. Eon
04. Thulcandra

Side C
01. Archipelago
02. The Watchtower
03. Accumulation Of Generalization
04. Sempiternal Past / Presence View Sepulchrality

Side D
01. Iconoclasm Sweeps Cappadocia
02. Soria Moria (Oslo TV 1989)
03. Eon / Thulcandra (Oslo TV 1989)
04. God Of Disturbance And Friction

Source: burningshed.com
Band profile: Darkthrone
Posted: 18.10.2011 by Vombatus

Comments page 3 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 75   Visited by: 84 users
20.10.2011 - 05:01
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 20.10.2011 at 02:50
that dont make them less greedy.

No offense, but what a stupid thing to say.

Tell you what, go work as a telemarketer. Sit at your desk and try selling shit to people who don't want it. But don't complain when you don't get paid. In fact, don't complain for a year, maybe two.

Even better. Go work another job, maybe at a fast food joint, so you can put your own money from that job into a better desk at your telemarketing job. But never ask for money from your telemarketer boss. That would be greedy.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
20.10.2011 - 05:03
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 20.10.2011 at 02:44
someone here already wrote that bands profit more on digital downloads than printing vinyls

Digital downloads help the band more, but album sales help the label. Labels sign bands and help pay recording costs and some tour expenses and the like. It's not like one is necessarily better than the other.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
20.10.2011 - 05:05
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.10.2011 at 02:12
Jesus H. Christ, there are actually people like that around?

I don't own a turntable but I definitely have no issue with buying records. I like keeping them in as good condition as possible for my own sake.
----
20.10.2011 - 10:54
ANGEL REAPER

Written by Troy Killjoy on 20.10.2011 at 05:01

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 20.10.2011 at 02:50
that dont make them less greedy.

No offense, but what a stupid thing to say.

Tell you what, go work as a telemarketer. Sit at your desk and try selling shit to people who don't want it. But don't complain when you don't get paid. In fact, don't complain for a year, maybe two.

Even better. Go work another job, maybe at a fast food joint, so you can put your own money from that job into a better desk at your telemarketing job. But never ask for money from your telemarketer boss. That would be greedy.

that was joke man...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
20.10.2011 - 11:11
ANGEL REAPER

Written by Troy Killjoy on 20.10.2011 at 05:03

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 20.10.2011 at 02:44
someone here already wrote that bands profit more on digital downloads than printing vinyls

Digital downloads help the band more, but album sales help the label. Labels sign bands and help pay recording costs and some tour expenses and the like. It's not like one is necessarily better than the other.

yes i understand what you want to say...and i agree ,
the point was, however,that i dont see pointy in making and buying vinyls.Marcel and You stated your opinions which differ from mine but also have sense and dont see the problem and definitely i'm not trying to convince you anything. The real problem lies in my fellow countryman who is desperately trying to change my opinion on this matter and sometimes just being rude saying that i know a shit about musics and that i am just another brain dead metalhead who know a shit about quality of sound,while failing to see that i based my statements on two things : purely tech approach on sound quality matter,and purely philosophical approach on collecting rare items.
So...Troy i believe that this post conclude this quite chaotic discussion which is not even the same as the topic which we should really discus.
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
20.10.2011 - 15:11
Lit.
Account deleted
Far be it from me to add fuel to the fire, but I agree with Angel. What point is there in buying records if you don't have any method of playing them?
20.10.2011 - 16:27
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 20.10.2011 at 15:11

Far be it from me to add fuel to the fire, but I agree with Angel. What point is there in buying records if you don't have any method of playing them?

I can't see the point in that either. It's like buying cd's and cassettes when you can't play them. It's only of use, imo, if you are saving up for a turntable so you can play them later on.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.10.2011 - 16:31
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by RavenKing on 20.10.2011 at 02:44

I don't know how it is in Europe but, here, I think I honestly don't know anybody who still owns a functional turntable.

what puzzles me about those people is why don't they buy a new turntable if they haven't got a functioning one? If their cd player breaks down I am sure they will buy a new cd player, same if their computer breaks down, so why not with a turntable? Yes, new turntables are still produced and sold, ones with with a usb-connection can even be found easiest. Then they can rip their vinyls on to their computers.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.10.2011 - 16:50
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.10.2011 at 22:40

Actually vinyl isn't an outdated medium at all. Cd's are becoming the outdated ones.

That scares me a little you know.... I really don't want cds to die. I like vinyls and all but I'm not really interested in buying them because I really really don't want to buy the same thing twice (and considering my OCD with cds... I would end up buying everything twice). I don't want to buy vinyls because there aren't any cds left and then I don'ät anything new to play in my discman (because I don't want a fucking mp3 player either).

Written by BitterCOld on 20.10.2011 at 02:37

If 'hipsters" are buying vinyl, hipsters are more valuable to the music industry and metal than metal fans who have 9,000 songs on their pc and eight compact disks on the shelves.

Jeez.... I have like... 15k songs in my computer.... and 300 cds. I suck XD
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
20.10.2011 - 20:02
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by X-Ray Rod on 20.10.2011 at 16:50

not a math major or anything, but 300 > 8. you are buying music, which is supporting the artists and the labels that invest the money into artists.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
20.10.2011 - 20:28
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by BitterCOld on 20.10.2011 at 20:02

Written by X-Ray Rod on 20.10.2011 at 16:50

not a math major or anything, but 300 > 8. you are buying music, which is supporting the artists and the labels that invest the money into artists.

Hhahaha I know, my comment was mostly a joke. On a side note: This computer used to be my sister's as well, we share some bands and she has some cds I don't own so they are in my computer... There goes a portion as well XP.
Another part of the music from my pc are the cds I borrow from the public library... I still wonder if that's "ilegal download" or just a sort of "grey zone" since the library obviously gets the money to get new cds from taxes so in a way we are paying for them right ?
----
Rod, let me love you.
20.10.2011 - 21:32
ANGEL REAPER

Written by X-Ray Rod on 20.10.2011 at 20:28

Hhahaha I know, my comment was mostly a joke. On a side note: This computer used to be my sister's as well, we share some bands and she has some cds I don't own so they are in my computer... There goes a portion as well XP.
Another part of the music from my pc are the cds I borrow from the public library... I still wonder if that's "ilegal download" or just a sort of "grey zone" since the library obviously gets the money to get new cds from taxes so in a way we are paying for them right ?

so seriously you folks can rent a cd from a library ? here in my country that is impossible ...
----
20.10.2011 - 22:00
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 20.10.2011 at 21:32

so seriously you folks can rent a cd from a library ? here in my country that is impossible ...

Yup! Just ask Valentin B who visited me a while ago.... He was very surprised as well. I'm not talking about one or two Iron Maiden albums. I'm talking about stuff from Mercyful Fate to Darkthrone, Black Sabbath to In flames, Nightwish to Nile or Entombed, Metallica to Opeth, etc... Basically well known metal bands. I was kind of surprised that I saw that they had one Burzum and one Mayhem cd, also they are very fast when it comes to get the latest cd. I think it was like just one week after its release that I saw the latest In Flames in their shelves ready to just borrow for 2 weeks max.
----
Rod, let me love you.
20.10.2011 - 22:04
ANGEL REAPER

Written by X-Ray Rod on 20.10.2011 at 22:00

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 20.10.2011 at 21:32

Yup! Just ask Valentin B who visited me a while ago.... He was very surprised as well. I'm not talking about one or two Iron Maiden albums. I'm talking about stuff from Mercyful Fate to Darkthrone, Black Sabbath to In flames, Nightwish to Nile or Entombed, Metallica to Opeth, etc... Basically well known metal bands. I was kind of surprised that I saw that they had one Burzum and one Mayhem cd, also they are very fast when it comes to get the latest cd. I think it was like just one week after its release that I saw the latest In Flames in their shelves ready to just borrow for 2 weeks max.

wow
----
20.10.2011 - 22:40
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 20.10.2011 at 22:04

wow

Did I tell you that Sweden has some pretty damn hih taxes? That's the "downside" but fuck it, free cds.
----
Rod, let me love you.

Hits total: 4225 | This month: 6