Metal Storm logo
St. Anger VS Lulu

Original post

Posted by , 20.10.2011 - 00:10
Please no comments like both albums sucks, and Metallica sucks etc.. If you don't like both albums just go away.

I really want to know the results of this poll, since these two albums are the least favorite Metallica's albums, for most of the people. For me I just listened to Lulu and I found it boring, there is some cool parts on the album like in the "Cheat On Me" song, but in general it's not as good as St. Anger which has some catchy riffs and some really good songs on it, my vote goes to St. Anger. So which album do you think it's a bit better?

Poll

Which album you think it's better?

St. Anger
Lulu

Total votes: 86
27.11.2011 - 20:46
arwestromen

Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.11.2011 at 20:42

Who here proclaimed to be an expert? We're all in the same boat here... Just users with an opinion.

Ahhh we meet again my self proclaimed smart ass
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
27.11.2011 - 20:48
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by arwestromen on 27.11.2011 at 20:46
Ahhh we meet again my self proclaimed smart ass

Just doing my job. It's hard being an asshole and a killjoy all in the same day.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
27.11.2011 - 20:50
arwestromen

Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.11.2011 at 20:48

Just doing my job. It's hard being an asshole and a killjoy all in the same day.

True true....well keep up the good work
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
05.12.2011 - 10:41
ToMegaTherion

A tough choice for what is possibly two of the worst "metal" album recorded. Although i must say Lulu actually has a good sound except for Lou Reed vocals which are REALLY annoying. If it were just a Metallica album it would probably be quite a decent album. On the other hand, St. Anger is very, very below average. The production is awful, the song aren't too bad when you hear them live, but the drums sound like trash cans, the guitars sound out of tune and there are no Kirk Hammett guitar solos which sucks.
Lulu gets my vote because the production is good and the music is also good, its just the vocals of Lou Reed that ruin it.
15.12.2011 - 14:49
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
How is there any chance that lulu is better than st.anger?!?!
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
19.12.2011 - 13:27
InfiniteDreams

Of course Lulu is not a Metallica album, so you can't really compare both.
With the vocals of Lou Reed it is the same as with Ozzy's vocals: You love them or hate them!
Most metalheads can't stand the voice of Lou. So there is no chance for the album. It would be diffrent if James (or maybe even Robert Trujillo ) sang the songs.
31.12.2011 - 17:17
Pennywise
Account deleted
Lulu is Lou Reed album with Metallica as background band. The voice of the guy is even worse than that of Bob Dylan, mainly because its Spoken Word. Cheat on Me is listenable, but its mainly like a long stupid jam. St. Anger would be much better appreciated , if the song were half as long. So St. Anger.
07.10.2012 - 23:48
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
They're both terrible, but Lulu manages to make St. Anger sound like one of the greatest masterpieces metal could ever create.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
08.10.2012 - 11:10
Egigantea

Written by InfiniteDreams on 19.12.2011 at 13:27

Of course Lulu is not a Metallica album, so you can't really compare both.
With the vocals of Lou Reed it is the same as with Ozzy's vocals: You love them or hate them!
Most metalheads can't stand the voice of Lou. So there is no chance for the album. It would be diffrent if James (or maybe even Robert Trujillo ) sang the songs.

Hell, I would even prefer Lars vocals over Lou.