Metal Storm logo
Favourite song off Iced Earth - Dystopia?

Poll

What is your favourite song off Iced Earth - Dystopia?

Dystopia
Dark City
Anguish of Youth
Anthem
Tradgey and Triumph
V
Iron Will
Boiling Point
Equilibrium

Total votes: 33
27.10.2011 - 03:06
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
I am curious to find out what song poeple like off this album the most and why? Is is a solo, chorus, whole song you like the most?

I had to omit End of Innocence and Soylent Green due to the limit of 9 options, as i felt they were two of the weaker songs on the album. End of Innocence reminds me too much of Evergrey and is not a traditional Iced Earth sound i felt. Soylent Green was a great idea for a song theme (even though most probably haven't heard of it), i just thought the song was too flat and bland. The riff gets a bit annoying as it is so repetitive and the chorus is nothing special.

I pick up lots of references to older songs on this album too. V has a strong Gettysberg sound toward the end. Then you also have strong Iron Maiden references like in Dark City.

Overall, my favourite so far is Dark City, even though i find the chorus weak. It's pretty damn catchy and i love the flow of the riffing throughout the song.
27.10.2011 - 16:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Havnt heard it wate till I will do it 5-10 times then I will vote
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.10.2011 - 16:29
Baz Anderson
Staff
"Tradgey and Triumph" is probably mine. It just sounds like the band are having some fun and it came out as a cool, catchy song.
06.11.2011 - 08:11
Megadethfaun
I couldn't choose between Boiling point and Anguish of Youth. But, i chose Anguish of Youth just because i loved how the lyrics are wrote so many different interpretations can be taken from the song and i just love ballads.. Boiling point is also amazing just how the chorus builds up is amazing.. Love all songs Stu is an amazing vocalist!
15.11.2011 - 12:48
Metal_4Ever
Anthem for sure!
30.11.2011 - 00:00
ToMegaTherion
Anthem and Anguish of Youth are great songs, this a really good album with a number of excellent songs, Dystopia is another which I really like, Equilibrium, and Darker Days are also exceptional songs.
30.11.2011 - 03:53
Mattybu
Dark City for me. The song has some CRAZY nice riffing and flows very well.
02.12.2011 - 05:25
Pazu
Wow, for once I can agree 100% on the votes so far. Dystopia / Dark City / Anguish Of Youth are the best songs. The whole album is great, though, it's absolutely among my favorites of the band. This time they got the style just perfectly right in my opinion.
06.12.2011 - 19:46
Hellthunder
I voted for Dystopia, but Tragedy & Triumph and one of the bonus tracks; Soylent Green were also really good.
02.01.2012 - 01:15
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Anthem and Dystopia are really neat tracks, but Anguish Of Youth takes the cake. I got interested in this release when I heard Stu Block would be the replacement singer for IE, and that song is pretty much all about the vocals and lyrics. And greatly done vocals and lyrics.
----
7.0 means the album is good
02.01.2012 - 18:16
NLthrasher
All the songs on this album are pretty damn epic. Dark City stands out for me though because of the kick-ass intro. I think second would be Anguish of Youth.
15.02.2012 - 09:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hard to choose between Sytopia, Anthej and Equlibrum, all 3 is killers,. same End Of Innocence, but that song lyrtic is way to week for ballad..... in end I vote for opener
----

apos;'
[image]
15.02.2012 - 10:27
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Dark City for me.
(plus, I do really lile Soylent Green)
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
16.02.2012 - 08:32
bran
Wheres end of innocence?
thats my vote
----
top 5 albums of 2012 so far.

1. wintersun- time I
2. woods of ypres- woods V grey skies and electric light
3. agalloch- faustian echoes EP
4. the slow death- II
5. kreator- phantom antichrist
16.02.2012 - 14:17
Valentin B
Iconoclast
The title track is imo the best song off the album. I remember I thought Days of Rage was ok, Anthem was good, but when they started streaming the title track, that's when I knew that this was the start of a new age for Iced Earth.
16.02.2012 - 14:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Valentin B on 16.02.2012 at 14:17

The title track is imo the best song off the album. I remember I thought Days of Rage was ok, Anthem was good, but when they started streaming the title track, that's when I knew that this was the start of a new age for Iced Earth.

alos secend sng is powerfull specely destiny part in lyrics, Days of rage is OK to
----

apos;'
[image]
19.02.2012 - 03:20
I6Z6A6N
Hard choice, as there are A LOT of good songs in this album, but had to go with Tragedy and Triumph since it was the perfect way to end this album \m/
29.03.2012 - 02:52
Nemo Atkins
I went for the title track, although I do think that they should have just stuck with the single version (don't kill me yet: I have a reason) because I find the extra introduction part on the album version is a bit unnecessary and results in it getting skipped more than it should. However, if I could have chosen End Of Innocence, I would have gone for that without any qualms, as I'm a sucker for great power metal ballads and that song has to be one of the best ones I've ever heard.
31.12.2014 - 21:33
It has to be Dystopia, Anthem or V. I'll go for the latter!
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter