09. The Lifespan Of A Glimpse
10. Embers Part 1: Your Secret Is Safe With Me
11. Touchstones
12. Con Todas Las Palabras

Staff review by
Milena
Rating:
N/A
Subsignal strikes again! This all-star progressive band is still referred to as Sieges Even part two, so whether you choose to see Touchstones as the second Subsignal album or the fourth Sieges Even Menses/Steffen-era album, it is doubtless that this is the most coherent one of the bunch. And coming from the person who loved The Art Of Navigating By The Stars to death, it's quite a recommendation, considering the fact that the aforementioned release turned a lot of heads by defining their dreamy, elegant prog rock/metal style.

Read more ››
published 30.12.2011 | Comments (31)

Found in 12 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 14   Visited by: 175 users
29.10.2011 - 21:19
Rating: 9
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Anybody who likes progressive metal outta check this out right now! If you are/were fans of Sieges Even then you will not be disappointed! I put this as my prog metal album of the year..
----
rekt
31.10.2011 - 11:10
Rating: 10
Milena
gloom cookie
Definitely
----
7.0 means the album is good
01.11.2011 - 00:36
JohnDoe
Account deleted
I've listened to the album only once, I enjoyed it a lot; hope i make some time for some more listens
06.11.2011 - 19:11
Zhao
The Arkaholic
Awesome album, definitly made up for the fact that Ark didn't take off.
26.08.2014 - 05:36
Rating: 8
Diverge

Man, I have a hard time getting into this album. It's a shame because I love Subsignal's debut and strongly believe Paraiso is one of the most underrated albums released in 2013. I wish I could understand why.
24.08.2016 - 00:46
musclassia

I've been coming back to this album a lot recently - it's truly lovely and uplifting. Feeding Utopia, My Sanctuary. Size Of Light..., Lifespan of a Glimpse and more are just great songs. The two albums that followed it are both good, but I don't feel like either are as dynamic, expansive and emotive as this one
30.11.2020 - 15:00
Rating: 6
R.Boxma

Sieges Even was so much more fierce... What happened? You guys taking chill pills or what?
30.11.2020 - 15:05
JoHn Doe

Written by R.Boxma on 30.11.2020 at 15:00

Sieges Even was so much more fierce... What happened? You guys taking chill pills or what?

Subsignal continued with the sound that Sieges Even had on their last couple of albums.
I don't think Subsignal is one of those bands that deserves to be mocked.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
01.12.2020 - 00:47
R.Boxma

Written by JoHn Doe on 30.11.2020 at 15:05

Written by R.Boxma on 30.11.2020 at 15:00

Subsignal continued with the sound that Sieges Even had on their last couple of albums.
I don't think Subsignal is one of those bands that deserves to be mocked.

I hear you.. I'm not sure I totally agree though, something has significantly changed. Sieges Even was great, very original and interesting. I have listened to all Subsignal albums over and over, there are some good tracks here and there but just not as consistent enough to keep the listener interested. I found myself getting bored and skipping the soft tracks in particular, it seems to be more commercial and the vocals seem to have become.. I can't explain like they're just a bit more on the homo side if I dare say.
01.12.2020 - 09:37
JoHn Doe

Written by R.Boxma on 01.12.2020 at 00:47

I hear you.. I'm not sure I totally agree though, something has significantly changed. Sieges Even was great, very original and interesting. I have listened to all Subsignal albums over and over, there are some good tracks here and there but just not as consistent enough to keep the listener interested. I found myself getting bored and skipping the soft tracks in particular, it seems to be more commercial and the vocals seem to have become.. I can't explain like they're just a bit more on the homo side if I dare say.

"keep the listener interested", you say. Are you speaking in the name of all listeners? Well, as a listener myself , I enjoy this band a lot and the vocals are great. If Arno Menses did a pop album, I'd probably listen to it, he's that good IMO. I don't know what is the "homo side", or what you are trying to say there.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
01.12.2020 - 10:38
R.Boxma

Written by JoHn Doe on 01.12.2020 at 09:37

"keep the listener interested", you say. Are you speaking in the name of all listeners? Well, as a listener myself , I enjoy this band a lot and the vocals are great. If Arno Menses did a pop album, I'd probably listen to it, he's that good IMO. I don't know what is the "homo side", or what you are trying to say there.

Obviously you love this band and are doing everything to defend it, I respect that. I suppose what I'm trying to say is that I had high hopes for this project in the sense that I was expecting more Sieges Even. Unfortunately for me I think Subsignal is lacking somewhere and I think I am leaning toward the majority of softer tracks or even the tracks that have awesome intros and then suddenly drop to disappointment and become plain or soft again. So I know Sieges Even do so similarly but the compositions there are so much better and more unpredictable which keeps the listener (i.e just me) intrigued. So I own Subsignal's first four albums, I've listened to them over and over again trying to find the love for it but there is no romance for me here.
01.12.2020 - 16:32
musclassia

I've listened to Sieges Even, but not extensively, so I don't approach Subsignal with any expectations of how they'll sound compared with SE. Overall, I've found most Subsignal albums to be enjoyable if lacking in lasting power, so I can get where R.Boxma is coming from. The one exception for me has been this album, which I've loved since I first heard it and only grown to like even more over the years; I guess I've probably approached subsequent Subsignal albums in the same way you've approached all their albums, in that I've been waiting for the other albums to click with me like Touchstones without any particular success.
18.05.2021 - 23:03
Mountain King
K i K o
Beautiful album, contains slower prog rock and heavier prog metal. The title track is my fav track, but there other remarkable ones like "Echoes In Eternity" or the nice clean guitar solo in "Finisterre". I prefer this one over the debut.
13.09.2022 - 19:51
Samot

Great album ..... to me this one some parts reminds me too much of Symphony X.
----
Um, Dois, Três, Quatro! Yeah! PORRA!!!

Hits total: 6659 | This month: 16