Metal Storm logo
What do you think about Linkin Park?

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 09.10.2006 - 22:45
In my first post I didn't include much information about the band because I just wanted to know your opinion about them.
Anyway I knew this band from the T.V I saw the "IN THE END" clip once and I like it so much. I loved the lyrics and the way they skip from the rap to the rock. Actually this band is famous in this style so I started listing to them that's happened about 2 years ago.
Then I meet my boyfriend "Imperial Ice" and Ofcours he was a metal head long time ago then I met the metal songs so I stopped listing to them. (I know long details).
Now I'm so in Gothic Metal and some other bands like Children of Bodoom, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Iced Earth. But about month ago I heard about the new album for them LP and I liked it so much the lyrics the music even the screaming. I loved there voices and I saw them as a metal band not rock or hard rock but as a metal band I mean when I listen to the song Die Die Die my darling for Metallica I see no different between the song Don't Stay (album Meteora) for LP or the song Faint from the same album.
I hope that someone could understand what I mean or find the missing point in my words so can help me explaining to you Metal Storm about the importance of this band
Thank you
28.09.2007 - 14:36
W-Lash
Metal Master
I don't fucking understand why this topic is here in Rock forum? As far as i know Linkin Park is not a rock band but something else (dunno really what but not rock.

I liked some their stuff when i was younger (from Hybrid Theory) but now my music style has changed and i don't listen to them actually.
But i have heard some songs of newer albums - they suck (compared to older stuff).
28.09.2007 - 14:39
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
in my opinion Linkin Park is a fine example of crappy commercial and very very overrated band...maybe Hybrid Theory was a bit listenable, but their new stuff is complete crap - and though you always hear in radio - "now we will play the super very best song by super very best band LP"
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

02.10.2007 - 16:28
Woutjinho
Account deleted
extremely overrated band. the guitarists cant play at all
one song only had 5 different notes. are they crippled that they cant play better than that?
02.10.2007 - 20:56
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
they dont need it...they still make enough money from those 5 different notes...much more than thousands bands who really works on self, but no world known producer will ever find them...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

19.10.2007 - 12:22
Øyvind
Grave Digger
Written by Guest on 02.10.2007 at 16:28

one song only had 5 different notes. are they crippled that they cant play better than that?

Well, actually, Mike and Joe Hahn can play, Mike is an educated musician and Joe knows his stuff around sampling, he's in fact the one that's keeping them all together. But the other ones are worse players than me, which says quite a lot.
----
19.10.2007 - 12:24
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Written by Øyvind on 19.10.2007 at 12:22

Well, actually, Mike and Joe Hahn can play, Mike is an educated musician and Joe knows his stuff around sampling, he's in fact the one that's keeping them all together. But the other ones are worse players than me, which says quite a lot.

I dont care if he could play very good
he doesnt show it on his songs
19.10.2007 - 12:30
Øyvind
Grave Digger
Well, no, he doesn't, I admit it.
----
19.10.2007 - 20:42
TDFX
Written by Guest on 19.10.2007 at 12:24

Hmmm wouldn't you think it would sound weird if he started playing a-la Malmsteen? It's meant to be simple music. I can't say that I like them much, but they're nice to listen once a year or so.
----
Last.fm
21.10.2007 - 05:53
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by TDFX on 19.10.2007 at 20:42

Hmmm wouldn't you think it would sound weird if he started playing a-la Malmsteen? It's meant to be simple music. I can't say that I like them much, but they're nice to listen once a year or so.

Ala Malmstenn, lol. Imagine *insert a known song here* with one of those hyperfast solos, lol. Actually, imagine it with any solo...
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
22.10.2007 - 19:47
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Written by TDFX on 19.10.2007 at 20:42

I'm not simple minded. rather listen to talented musicians, but thats just my taste
22.10.2007 - 20:39
Olli
Hybrid Theory had 2 songs that I liked on it, but that's all I can listen to them.
In my opinion, they're shit and If they had a show near me I wouldnt go even if it was free.
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
06.11.2007 - 21:07
Sonsofsabbath
I don't think about Linkon Park.
17.11.2007 - 22:38
Replicant
To me they are the worst guitar-using band I've ever heard. Their songs make me so annoyed and frustrated that I start to feel violence is the answer. Violence towards them.
18.11.2007 - 01:21
Ellie
Account deleted
They don't really suck..I just don't like them.
18.11.2007 - 12:53
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
i used to like them, back b4 i was a real metalhead but their best album is easily hybrid theory, the rest of their stuff is quite crap...
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
25.11.2007 - 10:08
Deep Cry
Account deleted
Written by Sonsofsabbath on 06.11.2007 at 21:07

well, i think tou should to
try their new album
07.12.2007 - 21:19
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
elite
Linkin Park was a good idea.

I thought the idea behind their music was interesting, it was just never developed well and became was too over produced. And what could have been an interesting underground alternative cult band became the Backstreet Boys with angst.

I have still been waiting for someone to combine really good Hip Hop with really good Metal.
----
(space for rent)
20.12.2007 - 03:19
Gina73ss
My kid hated thier new album- so it landed in my car. I like it. Commuting everyday I have to listen to something, and it's grown on me I suppose. Not too much, I am easily annoyed w/ it at the same time...
----
Take my hand
You'll never find
Another quite like mine
06.01.2008 - 21:38
deadset61
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 25.11.2007 at 10:08

try their new album

The new album is horrible its worse than the older album
13.01.2008 - 18:50
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Guest on 06.01.2008 at 21:38

Written by Guest on 25.11.2007 at 10:08

try their new album

The new album is horrible its worse than the older album

@room 101: this is almost the best thing that can be done.

i think listening to linkin park is waste of time for a metal fan. coz there are lots of great choices in every subgenres of metal. first they came up with the term of RAP METAL acts. then after cupple of time they change it to HIPHOP ROCK. and now i don't know what they are???? but i'm sure that they are still sucking ...
there is some bands like P.O.D which is mixing hiphop and rock in some better ways.
one of the reseans that i hate them is that they and their fans think that Linkin Prak is the best band of all time ... like Korn fans that think Korn is the True metal
in performing they are almost the weakest band the rock history.

@deadset61: i haven' t listen to the new album (and i won't do that) but huh, whats that????? something worse than older works???? oh. i thought worse than Meteora is imposible ...
13.01.2008 - 21:27
Damnated
Churchburner
i hated them even when i was into nu-metal. they are talentless and out of focus, and the fact that they use 2 vocalists also annoyed the hell out of me.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
13.01.2008 - 21:40
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Written by Damnated on 13.01.2008 at 21:27

i hated them even when i was into nu-metal. they are talentless and out of focus, and the fact that they use 2 vocalists also annoyed the hell out of me.

haha yeah, they are responsible for the fact that I distrust every band with two vocalists from the beginning.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
14.01.2008 - 21:30
Son of Odin
One of the worst bands I have ever heard.
----
METAL UNITES US ALL!
14.01.2008 - 23:00
ChasingEuphoria
Account deleted
i liked them when i was in like the 7th grade before i knew metal
15.01.2008 - 01:39
Number Juan
I liked them a lot when I got into rock music but I just don't listen to them anymore. I will occasionally play a song or two once every semester or so but that's about it.
----
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. - Bertrand Russell
15.01.2008 - 21:58
RhysTerk
Well, some of their songs are quite good, but that's all
16.01.2008 - 07:38
marillionfan
Account deleted

LOL - the best answer to this poll
i couldn't agree more
05.02.2008 - 18:07
Darky
Account deleted
The singer was abused by an older man when he was a kid. Thats all I know.
06.02.2008 - 04:30
The worst band in the whole fucking earth!!
!
06.02.2008 - 15:25
Skald
Account deleted
They're okay, I guess. If at the given moment you don't have a need to listen to some intelligent music.
But Mike should screw Linkin Park and focus on his side project... :/