Metal Storm logo
What do you think about Linkin Park?

Original post

Posted by , 09.10.2006 - 22:45
In my first post I didn't include much information about the band because I just wanted to know your opinion about them.
Anyway I knew this band from the T.V I saw the "IN THE END" clip once and I like it so much. I loved the lyrics and the way they skip from the rap to the rock. Actually this band is famous in this style so I started listing to them that's happened about 2 years ago.
Then I meet my boyfriend "Imperial Ice" and Ofcours he was a metal head long time ago then I met the metal songs so I stopped listing to them. (I know long details).
Now I'm so in Gothic Metal and some other bands like Children of Bodoom, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Iced Earth. But about month ago I heard about the new album for them LP and I liked it so much the lyrics the music even the screaming. I loved there voices and I saw them as a metal band not rock or hard rock but as a metal band I mean when I listen to the song Die Die Die my darling for Metallica I see no different between the song Don't Stay (album Meteora) for LP or the song Faint from the same album.
I hope that someone could understand what I mean or find the missing point in my words so can help me explaining to you Metal Storm about the importance of this band
Thank you
28.03.2010 - 01:13
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by Uirapuru on 27.03.2010 at 19:18

Written by Diabolos on 27.03.2010 at 12:38

Written by Uirapuru on 27.03.2010 at 07:33

Just listened to Meteora again today, after almost a year without Linkin Park. And its still the same good stuff as always.

Of course, I skip ''Numb'', ''Easier To Run'' and ''From The Inside'', these songs really makes me understand why so many people hate Likin Park... but the rest is pretty good and nice in moments of nostalgy.

"Numb" and "From the Inside" are their best songs imo

Can't believe

Better than Hit The Floor or Don't Stay? Which are as heavier as they can get..

Don't Stay is also not bad, but not as good
21.04.2010 - 21:12
Kennoth

Meh

In the end, numb, feint, breaking the habbit, what I've done, and that's pretty much it
----
*insert something deep and profound*
26.04.2010 - 00:40
Kanto

Numb, Breaking The Habit or In the End (it depends in your mood). But since Meteora they don't have "that". However, is a good band to remember those good 2004-2005 times.
----
...Dude.
12.07.2010 - 13:21
ExtraHachse

LP is the first band i started to like so they will be always one of my favourite. But I like their Crossover/Nu Metal albums more like their new Alternative Rock Album with a bit Nu
----
I like Powerwolf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12.07.2010 - 18:46
vezzy
Stallmanite
One of the most terrible and overrated rock bands of today.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
13.07.2010 - 00:29
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
I think they misspelled 'Lincoln'
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
13.07.2010 - 17:01
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Zombie on 13.07.2010 at 00:29

I think they misspelled 'Lincoln'

Apparently they couldn't afford to register the domain name "lincolnpark.com".

Another possible theory is that they wanted to appear in record stores right after Limp Bizkit. Lol.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
05.09.2010 - 19:37
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Yep, and apparently one of'em is a rapist.

----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
06.09.2010 - 02:08
JD
Account deleted
I think the first 3 albums are great, but am not a fan.
06.09.2010 - 03:25
Elyar S.
Gud är Död
They have some good songs maybe not more than 5 songs for me.
----
Kiss my ass if you dont like me, I dont care.
06.09.2010 - 07:03
Archetype

Overrated and overplayed but there are worse bands out there. Having said that, I haven't heard anything after Meteora and have no real desire to, either.
26.09.2010 - 03:59
Vunts

Their new album has some quite good songs. They took a much more electronical approach on it, but I like it. One thing that impresses me about Linkin Park is that they had a winning formula with Hybrid Theory, but they kept changing their sound to what more suited them, not staying a one trick pony. Usually, the "mainstream" bands don't take such steps.
26.09.2010 - 10:13
Lokier066

Their old stuff was good after meteoria I stopped listening lol didnt like the rest of it
----
new Band but named Deforming Magenta I think are good
check it out buy if you like

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=deforming+magenta&x=0&y=0
03.10.2010 - 14:46
Lovecraft
Account deleted
I used to be a fan in 6th grade. 2 or 3 months ago, I actually started to get annoyed by them. Way way overrated and loved and praised!, especially here in Egypt. I don't hate them though.
It actually annoys the hell out of me.
I really liked Chester's voice before, now, I just think it's very weak and meh, just like any voice.
14.01.2011 - 15:37
Zenzero
Zenzero
I like their singles.... That's not metal, but I like it!
18.01.2011 - 04:46
Sonic MrSumo

I think Hybrid Theory is an excellent debut album. Having said that, I felt no need to get any of their other albums.
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
18.01.2011 - 19:33
underground_dog

Dont like linkin park at all. but at the same time, i like them more than bands like green day:nono:
20.01.2011 - 05:35
JCJen7

Meteora and Hybrid theory were pretty good albums...when I was 13. Maybe it is that my tastes have moved on, or that music is completely rooted in that time period, but now, they seem to be crappy screamo when I listen back to them. The rap-rock thing is no longer cool sounding for some reason, and although when they try to be catchy, they sound alright, too many times they try to turn their songs in to dark metal screamo songs.
----
This is my sig, respect it. Please.

CHECK THESE OUT
20.01.2011 - 15:26
IronAngel

Uh, Linkin Park have nothing to do with screamo. Contrary to popular belief, just any alternative music with screamed vocals isn't screamo (though I didn't even know Linkin Park had screamed vocals). Screamo is a wonderful underground style evolved from hardcore punk through emo (which is also a grossly misued label).

I got Hybrid Theory when it was released. I liked it alright, though it wasn't really my gateway to metal. That came through other channels, and I think I was already into melodic metal by the time. It's a good album, objectively speaking. It's pretty original, catchy, and quite even. I haven't listened to them in years, but I guess I might give that album a spin later.
08.02.2011 - 08:35
Entropic Silence

Yo.

Hybrid Theory and Meteora got me into music - for almost 2 years I listened exclusively to those two albums, when I was 12/13/14. Then moved to green day and other music through LP.

I still enjoy songs from those releases. Didn't think Minutes was anywhere near the standard of those - felt like they were turning into an electronic pop rock band (similar vein to muse and the killers - not saying anything about those 2) which was annoying. Now... not interested. Went to see them in '07 - they put on a good show. First guitar pick I got at a gig too.

But yeah. no time for their new stuff really. Wouldn't go out of my way for their old stuff either. With you and points of authority all the way.
----
VICTORY!!!!! (They love it in France)
09.02.2011 - 10:51
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Linkin Park is sort of like Twilight for me, I don't care enough to think anything of them.
19.03.2011 - 08:03
Void_Eater
Account deleted
I heard a couple songs on my local pop music station that my friends all jam out to, and they sounded like generic pop rock. Nothing painful, but sure as hell ain't metal, or any good for that matter.
29.03.2011 - 10:38
Slayer666

I like "Hybrid Theory", plenty of cool stuff going on in that album. I still give some songs an occasional spin. After hearing them a few times on MTV, I didn't bother checking out other albums.
11.12.2011 - 05:33
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
11.12.2011 - 06:59
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Troy Killjoy on 11.12.2011 at 05:33

ba zinga.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
13.07.2012 - 23:27
FinnishSammich

I have Hybrid Theory and Meteora CD's and I still listen to them occasionally. Don't judge me! Everything after them is bad, though.
14.07.2012 - 06:48
Kanto

I do agree with a guy above saying that Minutes to Midnight (and the style they have followed after that record) doesn't have the "quality" Meteora and Hybrid achieved, but still...as the same guy above, I do like those 2 old records
----
...Dude.
07.09.2012 - 22:48
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by Lokier066 on 26.09.2010 at 10:13

Their old stuff was good after meteoria I stopped listening lol didnt like the rest of it

Basically this.

And the comment above me.
----
15.09.2012 - 21:30
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
I like them, you can say whatever you want about them, but i love their music, i also love coldplay for that matter of fact, and robbie williams, and the prodigy. Their latest stuff is more electronic based but good music anyways.
16.09.2012 - 23:30
Unhealer
Eclecticist
These guys got me into metal along with Evanescence. I loved their first albums, then hated them for a long time because they were "not metal enough" and now I've grown up and I appreaciate them again.
A Thousand Suns is their best album so far in my opinion. I'm seeing them live on October