Metal Storm logo
Mägo De Oz - Long-Time Vocalist Leaves The Band

Spanish folk heavy metal band Mägo De Oz have announced that their vocalist, José Andrea, has decided to leave the band after 15 years.

Here it is the official statement: "José Andrea and Mägo de Oz, by agreement, amicably, have decided to break up our relationship and terminate it in a stage where we could enjoy one of the most magical voices of Spanish Rock in the past 15 years."

"Both José Andrea and the rest of the band thought that he deserves to say goodbye to you in the best way he knows how: giving us his voice in the last shows. Therefore, we confirm in our official website, that both the South America tour dates as well as the Spanish ones will be his last shows before leaving the band. From here on, we wish him all the luck in his future professional and personal life away from the yellow brick road. Thanks for giving your body and soul, and voice over the years. You'll always be a 'Mägo'! We must be over the rainbow..."

Source: magodeoz.com
Band profile: Mägo De Oz
Posted: 03.11.2011 by Angel Of Rage

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 76 users
03.11.2011 - 12:12
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Noooooooo! Hope the best for you José!!
03.11.2011 - 14:04
GT
Coffee!!
Ah man. That's really too bad
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
03.11.2011 - 15:58
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Yeah, I really like his vocals, suits the music a lot. Sad to realise that now I completely lost interest in seeing them live.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
03.11.2011 - 16:19
patrickmetal12

One of the best vocalists of our time!
He really seemed to enjoy singing with mago, he put so much into his music.
\m/ Farewell!
03.11.2011 - 20:37
Mother_North

:/ horrible news!!!!
----
"i still can't imagine any of them dead. They live on; they are fixed on that far-off region called childhood, were nothing ever dies, not even oneself."
04.11.2011 - 07:48
mikeprado30

Sad but his vocals turned lower with each album, also he hadn't anymore the high-pitched tunes he had back in 1996-2000 (his best era). He never cared well about his voice and now he's paying the consequences. Even with that, his charisma and personality makes him very hard to replace in Mägo. If were by quality so much people would put Leo Jiménez instead him (I'd choose Pablo Solano from Dragonfly, I like so much his vocals)
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
05.11.2011 - 01:23
Den Gode Hr. Kim

WTF?!? This sucks big time. Such a cool voice and quite the performer too. Oh well, "Ver que mañana otro dia será..." as they say.
----
Hell ain't a bad place...

Hits total: 5231 | This month: 85