Metal Storm logo
Gwar - Guitarist Found Dead

Corey Smoot, aka Flattus Maximus, guitarist of US alternative metallers Gwar was found dead this morning, November 3rd, as the band were about to cross the border for their upcoming Return Of The Maggot Tour.

Frontman Dave Brockie (a.k.a. Oderus Urungus) has released the following statement to MetalSucks: "It is with a sense of profound loss and tragedy that the members of Gwar must announce the passing of their longtime guitarist and beloved friend Cory Smoot, also known to thousands of metal fans worldwide as Flattus Maximus.

Cory was found deceased this morning as the band prepared for a border crossing. There is no word as to the cause of death and the members of Gwar are completely shocked and devastated that this has occurred. At this point there is no word on arrangements and the disposition of the remainder of Gwar's current North American tour, nor are there any details regarding long-term plans.

At this point we are just dealing with the loss of our dear friend and brother, one of the most talented guitar players in metal today. We ask that our fans and the media be respectful of our request for privacy for those that have suffered this terrible loss. A full statement will be coming in the next day or so, in the meantime please give your thoughts and your prayers to Cory, his family, and all the people that love him."

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Gwar
Posted: 03.11.2011 by Panzerchrist

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 41   Visited by: 312 users
06.11.2011 - 03:38
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 06.11.2011 at 00:31
Why don't you tell me a little moar about that girl instead? Is she hairy?

Back off, she's mine. >>
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
06.11.2011 - 11:28
Panzerchrist
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 06.11.2011 at 03:38
Back off, she's mine. >>

O R'LYEH?
09.11.2011 - 06:52
Butters49

Rip flattus! \m/
seen em for the second time this week.
one of the best underground followings, and amazing live shows.
amazing guitar player
cory you will be missed.
----
"Sataaaaaaaaan. Yeah yeah!"
-King Diamond
10.11.2011 - 17:05
Thrash del Sur

Written by Troy Killjoy on 05.11.2011 at 23:58

Written by Thrash del Sur on 04.11.2011 at 15:29
What kind of comentaries were those?? you're really sick, you sorry ass idiots show respect and don't say morbid speculations....wait 'till the forense inform.

These sorry ass idiots probably didn't mean offense but were merely speculating as to how a musician met his end. You can't tell people not to comment...the internet doesn't work that way.

It's amazing how unsensitive and disrespectful ppl can be... Well, it's seems to be your behaviour before a human death.
10.11.2011 - 20:28
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Thrash del Sur on 10.11.2011 at 17:05
It's amazing how unsensitive and disrespectful ppl can be... Well, it's seems to be your behaviour before a human death.

Ya, a human death. I don't want to get too off-topic here but human death isn't exactly something I concern myself much with. People die all the time, a lot of people I don't know and never will know. This guitarist for example. I don't mourn for strangers and I don't expect strangers to mourn for me.

And like I said, my goal wasn't to be offensive. I was speculating as to how he may have come to meet his end, nothing more. I think this is the part where I ask you to kindly remove your tampon.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
15.11.2011 - 14:35
Thrash del Sur

Written by Troy Killjoy on 10.11.2011 at 20:28

Written by Thrash del Sur on 10.11.2011 at 17:05

Ya, a human death. I don't want to get too off-topic here but human death isn't exactly something I concern myself much with. People die all the time, a lot of people I don't know and never will know. This guitarist for example. I don't mourn for strangers and I don't expect strangers to mourn for me.

And like I said, my goal wasn't to be offensive. I was speculating as to how he may have come to meet his end, nothing more. I think this is the part where I ask you to kindly remove your tampon.

You don't care about ppl mourn for you, but obiuoooosly you care for ppl tell ya you're a sick cynical prick hehehe
16.11.2011 - 00:28
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Thrash del Sur on 15.11.2011 at 14:35
You don't care about ppl mourn for you, but obiuoooosly you care for ppl tell ya you're a sick cynical prick hehehe

I could care less what someone from across the world thinks about me on the internet. Nice try though.
----
24.11.2011 - 02:28
Thrash del Sur

Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.11.2011 at 00:28

Written by Thrash del Sur on 15.11.2011 at 14:35

I could care less what someone from across the world thinks about me on the internet. Nice try though.

Really? why are you replying?
24.11.2011 - 02:31
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Thrash del Sur on 24.11.2011 at 02:28

Because you quoted me a week after this conversation was over. Nice armchair psychology game though, it was fun.
----
24.11.2011 - 15:47
Thrash del Sur

Written by Troy Killjoy on 24.11.2011 at 02:31

Written by Thrash del Sur on 24.11.2011 at 02:28

Because you quoted me a week after this conversation was over. Nice armchair psychology game though, it was fun.

Seriously? so it was the way the thread ocurred to you ? ok hahaha, I wonder why, you a caress guy replied the first time.

The Shrink
24.11.2011 - 20:12
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Thrash del Sur on 24.11.2011 at 15:47
The Shrink

Are you done yet? I speculated as to why someone died, nothing more. I'm really not sure what you hope to get out of this little back-and-forth.
----

Hits total: 5473 | This month: 6