Metal Storm logo
German metal recommendations?

Original post

Posted by Bitter Dawn, 10.10.2006 - 05:22
I am wondering if any one can recommend some good German metal, black would be the most ideal but I enjoy most styles of metal. I know there must be some good stuff out there, I just don't really know where to start. I'd also prefer that they "sing" in German too. I already know about Absurd, a lot of industrial bands are German but it's just not the same, and although I consider Rammstein to be a form of metal I would like to hear some other stuff. Thanks in advance guys.
16.09.2007 - 14:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Paganblood on 16.09.2007 at 13:38

Written by Bad English on 16.09.2007 at 12:45

Written by Paganblood on 14.03.2007 at 12:57

Moonblood is a BM band from germany. They're raw, but melodic as well, and if you're a raw BM fan, I strongle recommend this to you.
I hope you know about bands like Kreator....

And its hard to get em, a lot of demos but hard get original stuff

That's likely; I got their full length from one of my friends.. 'Taste our german steel'. I read in metalarchives that the band never released CDs but only cassettes/vinyls.

No CD and in MA also says it bootleg not offical CD I mean 'Taste of German Steel'
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.09.2007 - 21:09
Stratowarrior

i will recommend you helloween,blind guardian, edguy, axel rudi pell, aardvarks, vanden plas,masterplan,avantasia.... those bands are one of my favourites so i recommend that you listen to this bans.
----
power metal 'til death!!!!!!!!!
19.09.2007 - 15:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
OMG all sugest same but try Horn awsoem BM band from Germany I like song 'Alpenland II' ist all about german nature you know real old big German nature, good band hehe

Also Isolation Black/Doom from Germany
----

apos;'
[image]
19.09.2007 - 16:45
W-Lash
Metal Master
As someone said, Bombensturm is fucking great!
Try it!
19.09.2007 - 22:46
Asphyxia
Account deleted
If you're looking for good German Black Metal, check out Sterbend and Wigird, they sound similar to Burzum
19.09.2007 - 22:52
Bash'
:)
German metal don't make my top fav. ... but still ... anywayz, I like Empyrium for so much, really impressive, give them a try! you'll like it if you concern good emotional lyrics with atomosphere music and doomish stuff...
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
20.09.2007 - 00:19
W-Lash
Metal Master
Written by Guest on 19.09.2007 at 22:46

If you're looking for good German Black Metal, check out Sterbend and Wigird, they sound similar to Burzum

In fact it is Wigrid not Wigird
20.09.2007 - 02:13
Asphyxia
Account deleted
Written by W-Lash on 20.09.2007 at 00:19

Written by Guest on 19.09.2007 at 22:46

In fact it is Wigrid not Wigird

Yeah
20.09.2007 - 02:37
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by Bad English on 09.01.2007 at 19:20

Written by baldur on 04.12.2006 at 18:50

wonder why no one mentioned grave digger, i mean they are one of the greatest german bands ever (except blind guardian)

Whoot man thay are one of best traditional metal bands who come from germany like Running Wild, X-Wild and mant many mor ein genre also Risk Its hard to talk about German heavy metal and traditional metal because its huge and huge and this scene are to big to remeber and talk and from germany comes more bands from Europe how from oher countries.

Damn, I haven't been to this thread for ages! Amazing to see someone mentioning Risk, they were the first metal band I listened to some 14 years ago before I even knew what metal is.

But to get back on topic, even though I don't think the thread creator still is in need for some more recommendations...

German BM with German lyrics I've come to enjoy:
  • Aaskereia: The vocals are awesome! They do need some getting used to, but you'll love 'em after a while! Combined with their usage of acoustic guitar they are quite a refreshing band in the current BM scene.
  • Lunar Aurora: They've been mentioned already. One of the most well-known German BM bands.
  • Mortuus Infradaemoni: I haven't really tried deciphering their lyrics yet, they appear to be in Latin though. Nonetheless if you happen to like Lunar Aurora, give Mortuus Infradaemoni a try.
  • Nocte Obducta: Another very well-known German BM band. Has developed from raw black metal to something pretty sophisticated and progressive in the recent years.
  • Atopie: I only know their newest album "Des Herbstes Pesthauch" which isn't half-bad. If you like German BM, you'll most likely enjoy them
  • Orlog: Same as for Atopie, I only know their newest album "Reinigende Feuer". This one's got a pretty good production, so avoid them if you need it raw and dirty. Beyond that awaits you some pretty good BM with an interesting concept.
  • Die Saat: A Black/Viking band with a heavy emphasis on the black portion, especially production-wise. Have dissolved last year though.
  • Dornenreich: Another BM band with an interesting development. Have started as relatively melodic black metal and have turned to something ambient with strong avantgarde tendencies. They aren't my cup of tea, but they are interesting.
  • ----
    All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
    - The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
    20.09.2007 - 12:35
    Bad English
    Tage Westerlund
    Written by Promonex on 20.09.2007 at 02:37

Written by Bad English on 09.01.2007 at 19:20

Written by baldur on 04.12.2006 at 18:50

wonder why no one mentioned grave digger, i mean they are one of the greatest german bands ever (except blind guardian)

Whoot man thay are one of best traditional metal bands who come from germany like Running Wild, X-Wild and mant many mor ein genre also Risk Its hard to talk about German heavy metal and traditional metal because its huge and huge and this scene are to big to remeber and talk and from germany comes more bands from Europe how from oher countries.

Damn, I haven't been to this thread for ages! Amazing to see someone mentioning Risk, they were the first metal band I listened to some 14 years ago before I even knew what metal is.

But to get back on topic, even though I don't think the thread creator still is in need for some more recommendations...

German BM with German lyrics I've come to enjoy:
  • Aaskereia: The vocals are awesome! They do need some getting used to, but you'll love 'em after a while! Combined with their usage of acoustic guitar they are quite a refreshing band in the current BM scene.
  • Lunar Aurora: They've been mentioned already. One of the most well-known German BM bands.
  • Mortuus Infradaemoni: I haven't really tried deciphering their lyrics yet, they appear to be in Latin though. Nonetheless if you happen to like Lunar Aurora, give Mortuus Infradaemoni a try.
  • Nocte Obducta: Another very well-known German BM band. Has developed from raw black metal to something pretty sophisticated and progressive in the recent years.
  • Atopie: I only know their newest album "Des Herbstes Pesthauch" which isn't half-bad. If you like German BM, you'll most likely enjoy them
  • Orlog: Same as for Atopie, I only know their newest album "Reinigende Feuer". This one's got a pretty good production, so avoid them if you need it raw and dirty. Beyond that awaits you some pretty good BM with an interesting concept.
  • Die Saat: A Black/Viking band with a heavy emphasis on the black portion, especially production-wise. Have dissolved last year though.
  • Dornenreich: Another BM band with an interesting development. Have started as relatively melodic black metal and have turned to something ambient with strong avantgarde tendencies. They aren't my cup of tea, but they are interesting.

• Nice band man heheh but what yoiu think about Horn? Da,mn Im lazy to search all German mp3 what I had but some day I will psot em all
    ----

apos;'
    [image]
    20.09.2007 - 14:52
    Bad English
    Tage Westerlund
    Written by ~Starchild~ on 20.09.2007 at 14:48

Written by Bitter Dawn on 10.10.2006 at 05:22

I am wondering if any one can recommend some good German metal, black would be the most ideal but I enjoy most styles of metal. I know there must be some good stuff out there, I just don't really know where to start. I'd also prefer that they "sing" in German too. I already know about Absurd, a lot of industrial bands are German but it's just not the same, and although I consider Rammstein to be a form of metal I would like to hear some other stuff. Thanks in advance guys.

as Promonex already said, i really can recommend EISREGEN. black metal with very morbid lyrics!!! they are quite famous in germany.

another german band which lies somewhere in the middle of black metal and pagan metal is HELRUNAR. they also sing in german! till now they released only one album but it got very good reviews!

you should really check them out

If we talk about letter H then Helgadom good acustic and BM bands songs like 'Votans Wilde Jagt' 'Pagab Warrirt' Hock Zu Ross' 'Gott in Uns' 'Der Eid' (what it means dunno menaing of Eid, ist wounderfull band hhee
    ----

apos;'
    [image]
    20.09.2007 - 15:52
    baldur

@k7 helgadom are fucking nazis as are eisregen!! whose two bands are just known for their lyrics nothing more their music sucks!
    20.09.2007 - 16:13
    Bad English
    Tage Westerlund
    Written by baldur on 20.09.2007 at 15:52

@k7 helgadom are fucking nazis as are eisregen!! whose to bands are just known for their lyrics nothing more their music sucks!

No way thay are not nazies nazies dpont play German folk music whit folk instruments lil like Carved in Stone
    ----

apos;'
    [image]
    20.09.2007 - 16:17
    baldur

Written by Bad English on 20.09.2007 at 16:13

@k7 helgadom are fucking nazis as are eisregen!! whose to bands are just known for their lyrics nothing more their music sucks!

No way thay are not nazies nazies dpont play German folk music whit folk instruments lil like Carved in Stone

so what?? take a look at the lyrics and the biography of this band then you will see!
    20.09.2007 - 16:19
    Bad English
    Tage Westerlund
    Written by baldur on 20.09.2007 at 16:17

so what?? take a look at the lyrics and the biography of this band then you will see!

I had reda all lyrics in english and sorry mate I can not read and get point of lyrics in german and about Bio so what... it means SS Lazio ultras are nazies too but I will suport them when thay play against Milan, inter and Ream M
    ----

apos;'
    [image]
    21.09.2007 - 00:50
    Bad English
    Tage Westerlund
    Written by ~Starchild~ on 21.09.2007 at 00:34

Written by baldur on 20.09.2007 at 16:17

well, i don't like Eisregen's music (i just recommended it because he was looking for german BM bands with german lyrics), but readingt their lyrics really makes me wonder what makes them nazis??? of course they are very sick and morbid, but in my opinion not more morbid than any death metal band singing about killing and raping corpses...
    don't get me wrong, i don't want to offend you maybe i just don't know enough Eisregen's songs... just give me an example which really show that they are nazis. as i allready said i don't listen to their music, but i'll start to hate this band if that's true cause i think nazis are one of the biggest shit in the world...!!

Thats what I atlking about
    ----

apos;'
    [image]
    21.09.2007 - 02:22
    Promonex
    Cathemeral
    Eisregen aren't nazis, they are just overrated sick yet harmless bastards who indeed owe their fame exclusively to their lyrics.

Halgadom on the other hand are definitely nazis. Their lyrics clearly support nationalism (@K7: in case you don't know what the "14 Worte" in "Pagan Warrior" refer to, click here), their members are known nazis (also members of Absurd and Stahlgewitter among others), have shared the stage with many other NSBM bands and have contributed to a compilation released by the German nazi party NPD. So if you're searching for German metal starting with an H, rather go for Helrunar as mentioned by Starchild already
    ----
    All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
    21.09.2007 - 09:35
    Bad English
    Tage Westerlund
    Written by Promonex on 21.09.2007 at 02:22

Eisregen aren't nazis, they are just overrated sick yet harmless bastards who indeed owe their fame exclusively to their lyrics.

Halgadom on the other hand are definitely nazis. Their lyrics clearly support nationalism (@K7: in case you don't know what the "14 Worte" in "Pagan Warrior" refer to, click here), their members are known nazis (also members of Absurd and Stahlgewitter among others), have shared the stage with many other NSBM bands and have contributed to a compilation released by the German nazi party NPD. So if you're searching for German metal starting with an H, rather go for Helrunar as mentioned by Starchild already

But still thay music are great if we be so 'pure' and do not listen NSBM because its NS then we shood not listen Sananic metal too its satanic, then we shood not listen thrash, becase its agresive and wtf are those guys, I mean band members, wtf thay can do to us nothing thay are just cople of morons who wanna pay attention

Ok Iron Angel what you think about this speed band?
    ----

apos;'
    [image]
    21.09.2007 - 12:41
    Promonex
    Cathemeral
    There's a huge difference between satanism and racism: satanism (and most anti-political/anti-religious music) disrespects people for how they think, for the choices they have made; racism and nationalism on the other hand condemn you for how you are born.

And what can they do to us? By spreading their message they not only infect the minds of the weak, but they also make the ignorant pay for their stuff. The money that flows into the right-wing scene, stays within the right-wing scene, so by buying or propagating NSBM you directly support nationalism, even though you might think you only pay for the music. And believe me, if you disapprove of those ideologies you certainly don't want anything to do with that scene. I once had a talk with a musician who was in an unpolitical band that drew quite a lot of Nazis (the curse of neo-paganism) nonetheless who enlightened me a bit on how things work within that scene and it was actually quite shocking to hear what an escapee from the scene had to say...
    ----
    21.09.2007 - 13:50
    Bad English
    Tage Westerlund
    Written by Promonex on 21.09.2007 at 12:41

There's a huge difference between satanism and racism: satanism (and most anti-political/anti-religious music) disrespects people for how they think, for the choices they have made; racism and nationalism on the other hand condemn you for how you are born.

And what can they do to us? By spreading their message they not only infect the minds of the weak, but they also make the ignorant pay for their stuff. The money that flows into the right-wing scene, stays within the right-wing scene, so by buying or propagating NSBM you directly support nationalism, even though you might think you only pay for the music. And believe me, if you disapprove of those ideologies you certainly don't want anything to do with that scene. I once had a talk with a musician who was in an unpolitical band that drew quite a lot of Nazis (the curse of neo-paganism) nonetheless who enlightened me a bit on how things work within that scene and it was actually quite shocking to hear what an escapee from the scene had to say...

But satanism do same thinks whit minds its same, ewery metal soemhow do something whit minds but it depends of person

about other part ok I see but i dont by such CD even if i like some bands(musicaly) and I never fel comforatble in nazies company or in show where go nazies thay are dumb skins who can stabb you becaus eof long hair or such thinks, I like Halgedom, nothing but MUSIC also I like Graveland and such bands but Im not who will follow that idiology
    ----

apos;'
    [image]
    21.09.2007 - 18:45
    Bad English
    Tage Westerlund
    Written by ~Starchild~ on 21.09.2007 at 14:19

Written by Bad English on 21.09.2007 at 13:50

Written by Promonex on 21.09.2007 at 12:41

But satanism do same thinks whit minds its same, ewery metal soemhow do something whit minds but it depends of person

about other part ok I see but i dont by such CD even if i like some bands(musicaly) and I never fel comforatble in nazies company or in show where go nazies thay are dumb skins who can stabb you becaus eof long hair or such thinks, I like Halgedom, nothing but MUSIC also I like Graveland and such bands but Im not who will follow that idiology

well, i really cannot understand such an opinion! I have to agree 1000000% with Promonex in this point!

it is ABSOLUTELY ignorant do distinguish between the music and the ideology in this point! closing your eyes in front of such a problem just makes everything even worse. Promonex is absolutely right when he says that you support the nazis by buying their cds or even respecting such bands, because you make other people aware of this nazi-stuff...

by the way: it is ridiculous to compare nazis to a thrash metal band. of course thrash isaggressive, but look, what does a thrash metal band do? play aggressive music, that's all...
    all those nazis really go out, beat some people just because of (for example) their skin color, or even kill them [i don't know where you live, but this really happens in germany]. And every fucking euro that's in the hand of the NS scene is used to attract other poor, dumb people who are looking for a scapegoat for their own faults...

maybe you would think completely differently if you came to germany and you would have been beaten up just because you didn't look like an "Aryan"

Damn Im to lazy to look some idiot NS band slike I dunno bur Halgedom are awsoem bands, one of rears who can realy play good metal, good quality band

In that case I better suport Halgadom or whatever how Marduk or Gorgorot who are satanists and suport church burnings, From point of about NSBM even bying t shirt whit pentagram you suport satanism
    and going to show same its same and about thrash bands some can be nazistic but ehh you think Kreator and Sodom isnt? Maybe inside thay like 3th Reich and such thinks.

About killing I brefere football riots and killing never had suported such thinks and its not write place discuss it here

Here better dont go out of tourist places if you are look like forener speecly metalhead it can be dangerous, if go take 5 fireworks and fie molotows(and dont count to cop help), be safere(personal expierience)

I look like greek(only lil whiter skin )and my granmother parents are germans who didnt go to reich in 1939 and im shamed about it that thay stay
    About beeting wanna see some Werder fans in Kariaskaki

ok beck in topic what you think about Crom ppl talk its like Bathory?
    ----

apos;'
    [image]
    21.09.2007 - 21:35
    Lucas
    Mr. Noise
    Written by Bitter Dawn on 10.10.2006 at 05:22

Hey mate,

Think I might have a good band for you. You may know them already, but if you don't, you should definitely check them out. The band I'm talking about is Nagelfar. They play(ed) and awesome kind of prog/black metal. An album worth checking out from them is Srontgorrth. It is dark, it is somber, it is something unique, the lyrics are in German (great lyrics) and the vocalist is very strong. He shrieks, but he also has a harsh/clean way of singing which is bloody awesome. I think you'll like it.
    ----
    SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
    22.09.2007 - 04:36
    oncewasnot_duna
    Account deleted
    Yeah, I'm in an uncomfortable sitting position now, so I didn't really read so much of all the other posts . . . But, you should try a cult metal band called Stormwitch, if no one's recommended them yet. If I had some on me now, I'd try and send it to you somehow . . . Though, these guys have a website that has some of their mp3s, I believe. www.stormwitch.de

You'd probably be better off on Google in order to translate the shit, UNLESS you understand German fluently. =] lolz.
    26.09.2007 - 16:03
    Paganblood
    The Aryaputra
    Written by Bad English on 16.09.2007 at 14:14

No CD and in MA also says it bootleg not offical CD I mean 'Taste of German Steel'

yes, but if you use soulseek you can find their materials and with many users too; so if you're interested in them you can try downloadin through soulseek.
    ----
    that which shines without names and forms...
    27.09.2007 - 16:13
    Bad English
    Tage Westerlund
    Licht und Shattensaiten - ( what it means ) ist awsome minimalistic/avangard/ambient black metal whit lil doom touch, realy awsome band you all shood try em
    ----

apos;'
    [image]
    29.09.2007 - 23:00
    Nemesis-Divina
    Account deleted
    Don't know if they've been mentioned but what the heck, Helrunar, pagan black metal, formed back in 2001, the album Frostnacht is worth a listen, don't know about their latest album yet waiting for it to come through the post.
    30.09.2007 - 00:12
    Bad English
    Tage Westerlund
    Written by Guest on 29.09.2007 at 23:00

Don't know if they've been mentioned but what the heck, Helrunar, pagan black metal, formed back in 2001, the album Frostnacht is worth a listen, don't know about their latest album yet waiting for it to come through the post.

Nop thay wasnt mentioned
    I know them but I had hear some songs not albums
    ----

apos;'
    [image]
    13.10.2007 - 09:28
    Sonsofsabbath

rammstein.
    13.10.2007 - 14:14
    Fitness2k

Die Toten Hosen, Böhse Onkelz, Gamma Ray, Helloween, Accept, Blind Guardian, EdGuy, Sodom, Iron Savior, Stormwarrior, Scorpions.

Their all German Bands so check them out Great music...
    ----
    Whiskey woman don't you know that you are drivin' me insane!
    18.11.2007 - 15:14
    Bad English
    Tage Westerlund
    http://www.myspace.com/templeoftheabsurd666

Sabina Classen, thrash metal and band cals Temple of the Abusrd
    ----

apos;'
    [image]