Metal Storm logo
ERA (eRa)

10.10.2006 - 05:59
Soliloquy

call em ERA as in 'a new era has begun' or 'ee-ra', i'm sure you like them.

aright, so the band is i beleive from france, or russia(one of their sites is in russian). they mix choir based chants with drums and ocassional extreamly well played and emotional guitar solos. their choir and lyrics are rather odd simply becuase they arent saying anything. they just make random sounds like 'ho! AH! hoo daani mugareh' that makes it sound like they are singing in latin, or some other lost language. but really, they arent. there are a few songs in which they are saying soemthing, like 'MOTHER' and 'THE MASS'(cover of 'o fortuna' by carl orff) and bunch of others...not that they are really all that good-my opinion.

so what do you think of the band? i personally LOVE their guitar solos done on the song 'IMPERA', 'AMENO' 'ERA' and bunch of others. sad thing is that on their debut album, they had 3 amazing emotional guitar solos. and as their albums progressed, they started using less and less of the guitar. those bastards showed us a tiny bit to tempt us(or me atleast) and now i want some more!!!!

so what do you think of the band?

dont know them? here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-WnjVUBDbs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGZ9mYVV5s0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKvaLJsdphI
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
11.10.2006 - 02:37
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Yes, I know this band. I don't listen to them that much but when I do it, I really enjoy the music, I have the album Divano and my favorite song is "Divano", the feelings in the song, just the voices... wow! great music!!
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
13.10.2006 - 01:50
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I have one cd of this band. I have it for a long time. Actually im gona search it
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
25.11.2006 - 03:42
Bitch Boy

Era is enjoyable. I have a coupple albums but almost never listen to them...
06.12.2006 - 00:21
Soliloquy

there is something about their guitar solos. for some reason i get sever cravings to listen to them over and over again
----

-Zakk Wylde
26.12.2006 - 23:23
W-Lash
Metal Master
Ameno and Divano are cool songs but i haven't heard more of this band.
27.12.2006 - 06:02
Soliloquy

Written by W-Lash on 26.12.2006 at 23:23

Ameno and Divano are cool songs but i haven't heard more of this band.

try their songs ''IMPERA" and "ERA" really cool guitar solos.
----

-Zakk Wylde
27.12.2006 - 16:17
W-Lash
Metal Master
Ok dude, i will try them.
29.12.2006 - 01:58
W-Lash
Metal Master
Thanks!
These 2 songs are great (specially ERA). More recommended songs?
29.12.2006 - 21:25
Soliloquy

i only have their debute album. cant find their other stuff, so i wont really know

you liked era more than impera? era sounds more happy, impera sounds more emotional..but meh. try playing those songs, or try tabbing em if you want. both tabs require a 24 fret guitar. which sucks.

wait..there are no tabs for impera. only era.
----

-Zakk Wylde
31.12.2006 - 19:24
W-Lash
Metal Master
After more listening times i think that Impera is much better than Era.

About that tab:
http://www.hevanet.com/dariusg/tab/impera.tab - maybe this would be good enough.
01.01.2007 - 05:46
Soliloquy

Written by W-Lash on 31.12.2006 at 19:24

After more listening times i think that Impera is much better than Era.

About that tab:
http://www.hevanet.com/dariusg/tab/impera.tab - maybe this would be good enough.

idk what the hell you used, but if i try searching for that, i can find NOTHING. and that tab is actually pretty accurate, so i gotta say thanks man. now i wonder if i can find another version of ERA that does not use a 24 fret guitar...
----

-Zakk Wylde
01.01.2007 - 06:37
W-Lash
Metal Master
My search keywords were like "era impera guitar tab".
If you don't like 24 fret tab, just rewrite it 3 notes lower (for example 24->21; 18->15 and so on).
02.01.2007 - 02:30
Soliloquy

Written by W-Lash on 01.01.2007 at 06:37

My search keywords were like "era impera guitar tab".
If you don't like 24 fret tab, just rewrite it 3 notes lower (for example 24->21; 18->15 and so on).

yeah, the thing with that is that the song uses a few stuff that is using the 3rd, 2nd and 4th fret as well, so it puts everything off even some open strings here and there
----

-Zakk Wylde
02.01.2007 - 16:30
W-Lash
Metal Master
But i think that it's possible to rewrite it. Maybe it's hard work but it's possible (if there aren't used 0 fret notes at first string).
If you have 22 fret guitar you can get the sound of 24 fret by pulling that string a bit (i don't know whether you understand what do i mean by "pulling string" but i hope you will understand).
04.01.2007 - 16:31
Soliloquy

yeah, you mean like bending strings. same thing used for the viberatoes that Malmsteen uses often. and yeah, my new guitar has 22 frets. i'll try all that once i get it in 2 weeks or so
----

-Zakk Wylde