Metal Storm logo
Psytrance

04.11.2011 - 23:30
Hendrikse
Account deleted
Hey guys, Just here for people who have an interest in trance/psytrance/dark genres and wish to discover what a great genre of electronic music it is! For also people who do listen to it, it'll be good to share songs/albums by this relatively unknown genre.

Also Psytrance > Dubstep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4sKhfZigSE - xxx-Perimental - Cosmos
05.11.2011 - 23:52
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
I tried listening to a few psytrance songs earlier this year (went on a bit of a non-metal binge to see what other kinds of music I like) and while I found the atmosphere intriguing for electronic music, I just failed to connect with it. I did check out a few other electronic bands that I enjoyed (VNV Nation probably my favorite among them) but most trance stuff just doesn't capture my attention long enough.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
11.11.2011 - 21:36
Elio
Red Nightmare
Other than Shpongle I don't really know much, but it's ok, as I can't really listen to this genre too much and they have made a lot of stuff, also very varied.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
23.03.2012 - 14:09
The Turbanator
I fucking love Psytrance actually. My favorite music genre after Black Metal.

A few of my favorites :

Electric Universe :

Ovnimoon : (at 6:47 it always gives me a boner)

And some dark psytrance like Paraforce :

and my recent favorite :
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
24.03.2012 - 21:33
Edmund Fogg
I don't know if this would fit in Psytrance, but it is freaking amazing.

http://audiopane.bandcamp.com/album/brainstorm
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
25.03.2012 - 08:48
The Turbanator
Written by Edmund Fogg on 24.03.2012 at 21:33

I don't know if this would fit in Psytrance, but it is freaking amazing.

http://audiopane.bandcamp.com/album/brainstorm

Nah man. It's good but that's electronic stuff.. not psytrance.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
27.12.2012 - 02:44
D
I love psytrance....

Goa, Morning, Full On, Progressive, Dark, I love it all!

Check out Bliss and Painkiller!
31.12.2012 - 20:12
Thrashette
I occasionally listen to psytrance mixes on Youtube, usually just for 30-40 minutes as a quick break from metal. Aside from that, I only hear this stuff at raves.
08.02.2013 - 23:15
Uldreth

This is a side project of Shpongle, very hard to categorize but it is sort of ambient with psytrance elements (psychill/psybient, I guess) and has an insanely good atmosphere.
12.02.2013 - 15:28
jonowev
Been getting into Psytrance quite heavily over the last couple of years. Been to a good number of free parties (the UK has quite an active underground Psy scene). My favourite styles are full-on, dark/forest psy and South African!
----
"I rest in my home eating human waste, and drinking the urine from my dog. I feel insane when I do this... but I like it."
12.02.2013 - 16:04
The Turbanator
Written by jonowev on 12.02.2013 at 15:28

Been getting into Psytrance quite heavily over the last couple of years. Been to a good number of free parties (the UK has quite an active underground Psy scene). My favourite styles are full-on, dark/forest psy and South African!

If Astrix ever comes to nearby you, you know what to do.

----
10.11.2013 - 16:57
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos

I personally like songs with different/unexpected elements along the song. Like these, for instance.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei