Metal Storm logo
Symphonic Thrash?

Original post

Posted by , 10.10.2006 - 14:59
Is there such a genre or bands playing something like that?

And also...Symhponic Gothenburg metal?
08.03.2011 - 18:55
Iriki

I just got surprised, i loved that.
30.05.2011 - 03:19
Vikcen
Metálico
For a possible band trying to play Symphonic Thrash, maybe you could imagine something like the S&M by Metallica , but probably impossible.
31.05.2011 - 23:15
Xtopher

Yeah, buy Metallica´s S&M and you are done with the genre. No point in trying to find something weird like this cause if it exists, there´s probably just one band that does it, and in their garage.

also, Thy Disease?
----
09.07.2011 - 17:43
Beastofmetal456
Account deleted
Impossible. Can't think of how you can fuse thrash anger with happy symphonic effects.
12.07.2011 - 07:29
Metal_4Ever

Metallica - S&M try it
12.07.2011 - 08:13
Wyrd

Written by Guest on 09.07.2011 at 17:43

Impossible. Can't think of how you can fuse thrash anger with happy symphonic effects.

Go listen to deconstruction from Devin Townsend

Septic Flesh? maybe...
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
12.07.2011 - 08:35
Metal_4Ever

Written by Wyrd on 12.07.2011 at 08:13

Septic Flesh? maybe...

Yeah right how could I forget Septic Flesh they play Thrash Metal with some of symphonic
12.07.2011 - 21:29
Wyrd

I was pointing out a band that does use some symphonic and orchestral elements with some aggression after Beast said it can't be done.
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
12.07.2011 - 22:40
Metal_4Ever

You got him wrong "The Beast" didn't listen to Symphonic Metal before so he was shocked when he saw Thrash & Symphonic
16.10.2012 - 08:10
somboral

I heard this band "bloodshot dawn"....could they be what ur lookin for?????...check out their videos in youtube..." vision " and "godless"
16.10.2012 - 12:37
R'Vannith
ghedengi
The closest I can think of to Symphonic thrash is Old Man's Child. It's symphonic black meets thrash:

26.07.2022 - 23:00
ShadowThrash

Hi There. I can help you with the Symphonic Thrash Conundrum. I make Symphonic Thrash/Crossover Thrash. Check out my album, Upon A Bloodied Earth, on BandCamp:
https://shadowvonnyx.bandcamp.com/album/upon-a-bloodied-earth
This is my one man project, called Shadow, and consists of guitars, five string bass, drum samples (sorry), and vintage orchestral sounds from mellotron tapes. Occasionally Ambience and Atmospheric Metal elements are used in Intros and Outros and Interludes. The Album was mixed and produced by me, and I have only been doing production for three years so the production might not be the best. I was going for a really oldschool feel with the production so it is not perfect. Most of the album was recorded in my house, with DI, apart from vocals which were done in my college studio, through an SM58 Dynamic mic.

If you need more Symphonic Thrash bands, then there used to be a pretty famous band called Hevein, who would play Sepultura style Groove/Thrash, with a string "duet" consisting of a violin and cello, backing them. Honestly it doesn't sound like much, but honestly on those records, the multitracked celli and violins sound massive, and dramatic. The band unfortunately disbanded as they had few followers on the internet, but they did release an amazing album, called Sound Over Matter, and also began to make an EP, called Gentle Anarchy, but they disbanded before it could be released, so there are only a few songs available from it online.

Another STM band worth checking out is Al'virius. I am not sure of their current state, but they released an amazing album, called Beyond The Human Nation. Not sure what the set up for that band is, but they sound pretty cool, despite the rather fake sounding orchestrations (I believe they use keys for those, so yeah). A good song to check out by them Is The Book of The Dead.

There is also an italian STM band Fleshblade, who made the album Visions of Darkness. They use a strange mixture of Thrash, Trad Metal, Ambient and Symphonic Metal, and they have more of a melodic style Vocalist, similar to Anthrax.

That is all I can think of off the top of my head.

Feel Free to think of more and check out my Album!

P.S.
SepticFlesh Is Not thrash. SepticFlesh is a Death Metal band, that used to be a Funeral Doom Band. They make Symphonic Death Metal, with a live symphony orchestra, and they feature some of the best and most brutal guttural roars to date.
27.07.2022 - 19:29
MetalstormBANatm

Try Susperia black with thrash influence of cliff button. They are somewhat mixed melodic with black thrash. The band from Norway.
30.08.2022 - 13:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Kambrium updates about keyboardist Jan Hein :

Due to a shoulder surgery Jan will not be on stage at the upcoming shows. Depending on how things go, he will be present on site.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=608661020832434&set=a.271252487906624
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing