Metal Storm logo
Nightwish - New Video Online

"Storytime", the brand-new video by Finnish symphonic metallers Nightwish can now be streamed in the YouTube-video below.

"Storytime" is the title-track of the band's upcoming single, which is set to be released on November 11th through Nuclear Blast Records. More album details were previously reported here.

Source: nightwish.com
Band profile: Nightwish
Posted: 09.11.2011 by Array

Comments page 3 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 77   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 377 users
11.11.2011 - 12:59
MissWicked

Am I the only person to think that this song is practically equal to "Bye Bye Beautiful"?
expected something quite different from this ... not bad but could be much better!
14.11.2011 - 16:11
BudDa

Like the song and the video as well
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
14.11.2011 - 22:19
Lupas
Maximus
Where is Nightwish???? In my opinion this is the worst song that i had listen from Nightwish. The vocal interpretation is awful, she did not fit in Nightwish style. Can somebody tell her, she is destroying Nightwish. I have all albums from this band but if all tracks from the new album is like this song i will prefer to eat a burger at McDonald rather spend a cent on this new album. Pls give me back Tarja .
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
14.11.2011 - 22:26
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Lupas on 14.11.2011 at 22:19
Pls give me back Tarja .

Do you really think Tarja could save this? The music is just as bad as the vocals here.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
15.11.2011 - 11:41
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Written by Etaín on 10.11.2011 at 15:11

Written by Dark Cornatus on 10.11.2011 at 04:02

The actual song sounds far too much like other stuff they released. I also do not like her vocals in this song. It is catchy, but not in a good way.

Hi Matt! Totally agree btw.

Heeeey Daph! Haha it's good to hear that even the most diehard Nightwish fan agrees =D
15.11.2011 - 20:01
Thyroid

This is a pretty boring effort for a Nightwish song. Ok, really annoying piece of crap.

Maybe there is hope. From Dark Passion Play they released "Amaranth" as a first single - and it was pretty harmless and boring too. Better than this one though... but luckily in the album itself there was couple epic songs, album savers - like "Poet and the Pendulum". I like Anette's voice more than Tarja's, but music itself is less epic and more pop or Abba-metal than before. I guess I just wait for a whole album before I judge, and listen this song again in album context - after all it's going to be movie soundtrack. Movie, that I pretty much believe going to be a epic disaster. Hey, at least something epic!
----
My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt.
What the fuck's really goin on down there? Who is the real hero?
16.11.2011 - 01:32
Ernis
狼獾

Where is Nightwish???? In my opinion this is the worst song that i had listen from Nightwish. The vocal interpretation is awful, she did not fit in Nightwish style. Can somebody tell her, she is destroying Nightwish. I have all albums from this band but if all tracks from the new album is like this song i will prefer to eat a burger at McDonald rather spend a cent on this new album. Pls give me back Tarja .

Is this a joke? Dear Lord, you can't be serious, this is so ridiculous... I just can't help it... I need to post that photo...

I think I will never understand the phenomenon of Tarja. She has the voice of a 50-year-old chubby lady... In fact, I have nothing against her, I think she did grand job with Nightwish and her contribution to the musical history is unforgettable. I do enjoy the songs of this band performed by Tarja and was an important part of the story of this group. But she isn't THAT good that anyone should act so dramatic even six years after her departure. Tarja isn't the best classical singer out there. Neither is Anette the best singer on earth. But the thing I love about Anette is the fresh air she brought to the band with her, the thing that she sounds good on the albums and her energetic stage presence. She might not be the most outstanding vocal performer (do you sing yourself, by the way? singing is hard, you know) but the music is good and she fits in better in many songs ("The Siren" with Anette and Pekka Kuusisto beats the End of an Era version, not because of Anette but because of the entire performance). Seriously, Nightwish was getting bit mouldy during the last years of collaboration with Tarja (I don't blame it on her, the overall chemistry of the band was deteriorating, they were tired).

I am satisfied. I am looking forward to hearing this mixture of LOTR soundtrack and ABBA-themed musical. And come on... don't be so dramatic.
18.11.2011 - 13:15
Etaín

Sigh, brings me to alll the old discussions we had on here for ages. U can say whatever u want, in the end its all down to taste. Some say Tarja is the best and some say Anette is the best, theres nothing wrong abuot it, its just personal taste.

So with that in mind, i definitely do not agree with u on 'The Siren'. Tarja played it at her last concert here, and for me that beats anything that comes out of Anettes mouth To me her voice is weak and horrible sounding live. They managed to make her sound alright on the album, but she definitely has a long way to go still imo.

I will be seeing them live next year on the tour, i do have some good hopes for it
18.11.2011 - 17:43
Darko

Ridiculous.
----
live here and now...
19.11.2011 - 04:19
ravendeath

This song is great! i Simply don't understand why people just have to bash everythingh from Nightwish that doesn't come from Tarjas mouth....
19.11.2011 - 04:31
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by ravendeath on 19.11.2011 at 04:19
This song is great! i Simply don't understand why people just have to bash everythingh from Nightwish that doesn't come from Tarjas mouth....

If it helps I can bash some of the stuff they released with Tarja too.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
19.11.2011 - 04:37
RavenKing

Tarja or not, I never understood the fuss around Nightwish. Such a boring band.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
19.11.2011 - 18:17
ravendeath

Written by RavenKing on 19.11.2011 at 04:37

Tastes, tastes,...
20.11.2011 - 02:01
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Etaín on 18.11.2011 at 13:15

So with that in mind, i definitely do not agree with u on 'The Siren'. Tarja played it at her last concert here, and for me that beats anything that comes out of Anettes mouth To me her voice is weak and horrible sounding live. They managed to make her sound alright on the album, but she definitely has a long way to go still imo.

I'm not speaking of any usual live performance of this song. What I had in mind was how it sounded at their last big Hartwall concert in 2009. I had heard the song (also with Anette) live before but the last performance was the best. I have searched without any results for good quality videos of this song at that particular concert but I haven't found any. It's a shame anyway because their last concert was, I dare say, the best. Best among those I've seen myself (three times) and also those I've seen on footages. I agree that there are footages of Anette singing which I prefer not to listen to because she doesn't sound good there. So are there similar footages of Tarja. Nobody can be in their top form for every single occasion. Coming back to the "Siren", it wasn't the vocals which were the main feature of the song but the instrumental side which had been specially arranged for that last concert. They hadn't done it like this ever before neither with Tarja nor Anette. The vocals were all right but the instrumental performance and the violin were indescribable. Once again, I'm sad because I will probably never hear it like this again. There's no official footage of this song and what you can find on youtube is either fragmentary or of poor quality. All I know is that the "Siren" from "End of an Era" sounds good. But this one sounded better.

In general, music is the most important. Tarja's solo band has some good songs and she does decent stuff. But it doesn't do the same "click" with me as do the compositions of Nightwish. I never was into her vocals anyway and I even forgot about the band after 2004. I dug their songs up after hearing bout Tarja leaving. And I dug more songs up after hearing them performed by Anette. She sort of made me interested again "how it was before" and thus I came to appreciate songs of Nightwish I had previously considered uninteresting because with Anette I heard some good points of the songs that I had ignored before which means that when giving the Tarja songs a new listen I had actually quite a lot to discover. That's the positive side of having multiple singers to perform same material.

Written by ravendeath on 19.11.2011 at 18:17

Written by RavenKing on 19.11.2011 at 04:37

Tastes, tastes,...

Damn I like your usernames... ravendeath, ravenking, ravendeath...
27.11.2011 - 06:22
Fade To Black

I have to say as someone who hated Nightwish with the passion of 1000 sunn O)))'s. I like this i sounds like something I'd listen to.
Side note if more than half of your video is the making of the video, you've made a shitty video.
27.11.2011 - 14:41
Lupas
Maximus
Written by Ernis on 16.11.2011 at 01:32

Is this a joke? Dear Lord, you can't be serious, this is so ridiculous... I just can't help it... I need to post that photo...

I think I will never understand the phenomenon of Tarja. She has the voice of a 50-year-old chubby lady... In fact, I have nothing against her, I think she did grand job with Nightwish and her contribution to the musical history is unforgettable. I do enjoy the songs of this band performed by Tarja and was an important part of the story of this group. But she isn't THAT good that anyone should act so dramatic even six years after her departure. Tarja isn't the best classical singer out there. Neither is Anette the best singer on earth. But the thing I love about Anette is the fresh air she brought to the band with her, the thing that she sounds good on the albums and her energetic stage presence. She might not be the most outstanding vocal performer (do you sing yourself, by the way? singing is hard, you know) but the music is good and she fits in better in many songs ("The Siren" with Anette and Pekka Kuusisto beats the End of an Era version, not because of Anette but because of the entire performance). Seriously, Nightwish was getting bit mouldy during the last years of collaboration with Tarja (I don't blame it on her, the overall chemistry of the band was deteriorating, they were tired).

I am satisfied. I am looking forward to hearing this mixture of LOTR soundtrack and ABBA-themed musical. And come on... don't be so dramatic.

I'm not at that point btw ha ha . Well,could it be that Tarja and Nightwish was by best band for many years and i love her voice or that i can not figure out the role of Anette in Nightwish. But i really hope that the new album is by far more professional than this per-release song.
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
11.12.2011 - 15:32
SymphAlchemist

I didn't like the making off thing. It seems like they're only promoting the movie.

Hits total: 8411 | This month: 11