‹‹ Back to the General metal forum Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]
Users visited: 337  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by king_matt on 09.11.2011 at 21:49
What are some metal bands that are popular here on Metalsotrm that you don't like/never cared for?

For me it would be Immolation. I've listened to a couple of their albums, but none really appeal to me.

Page 10 of 10

Fallen Ghost
Proghead

06.08.2014 at 17:25
Written by Boxcar Willy on 06.08.2014 at 16:35

Man, I've had a Between The Buried And Me cd (Colors) in my truck for weeks and I just realized that I skip every song until I get to the break down in White Walls.

The rest is so overproduced and wank-y. Bleh.

So disagreeing, that album is just amazingly good, none wanking here, only very, very, very well made extreme Progressive Metal! But hey, can't like everything either. Have you actually tried to listen to it carefully? Between The Buried And Me sounded very odd to me at the beginning and took me a, while until I finally got into them
----
"Even we don't know anything about theory and stuff....but this is a combination of lydian mode and phrygian dominant...and ends with a diminished run starting on F"

- Fredrik Åkesson, guitarplayer of Opeth
Boxcar Willy
*sigh*

06.08.2014 at 19:41
Written by Fallen Ghost on 06.08.2014 at 17:25

So disagreeing, that album is just amazingly good, none wanking here, only very, very, very well made extreme Progressive Metal! But hey, can't like everything either. Have you actually tried to listen to it carefully? Between The Buried And Me sounded very odd to me at the beginning and took me a, while until I finally got into them

Trust me I've tried plenty, and I hate myself for not liking it

I don't listen to that much prog, but for example Protest The Hero absolutely blow BTBAM out of the water. They keep interesting and technical song writing in line with great vocals. Maybe it's because Colors has such long tracks, but to me it just drags on and on, and it sounds so plastic (don't even get me started on their latest) that I just don't find anything worthwhile in it.
----
waste of space
Lit.
Brütal Legend

06.08.2014 at 20:57
>Calls BTBAM wankery
>Calls Protest The Hero "interesting and technical with great vocals."

----
REPUBLICAN CAR!
Fallen Ghost
Proghead

06.08.2014 at 22:36
Written by Boxcar Willy on 06.08.2014 at 19:41

Written by Fallen Ghost on 06.08.2014 at 17:25

Trust me I've tried plenty, and I hate myself for not liking it

I don't listen to that much prog, but for example Protest The Hero absolutely blow BTBAM out of the water. They keep interesting and technical song writing in line with great vocals. Maybe it's because Colors has such long tracks, but to me it just drags on and on, and it sounds so plastic (don't even get me started on their latest) that I just don't find anything worthwhile in it.

Their last one is amazing probably have to check out Protest The Hero then, sounds interesting
----
"Even we don't know anything about theory and stuff....but this is a combination of lydian mode and phrygian dominant...and ends with a diminished run starting on F"

- Fredrik Åkesson, guitarplayer of Opeth
Ganondox

07.08.2014 at 05:58
There are too many bands I don't care for enough to care for them enough to note that I don't care for them.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]

Login or register to post here.