Metal Storm logo
Metallica - To Perform Entire Black Album At Download Festival 2012

Metallica will headline the 10th installment of the Download festival at Donington Park on Saturday, June 9th, 2012, with an exclusive U.K. performance of the band's album Metallica. It will be the eighth time the California metal titans will have played at Donington during their three-decade-long career, having previously performed at both Monsters Of Rock and Download festivals.

The band announced it on their official website: "And our first announcement brings us to the most hallowed of rock grounds, Donington Park, for our return to the Download Festival. The three day festival runs from June 8-10 and we take the stage right smack in the middle of it on Saturday, June 9, 2012."

"This year's European trek has a twist... to help celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Download Festival, the dudes who run it asked us how we felt about playing The Black Album in its entirety and we thought 'hold on, that could be really cool since it is technically the tail-end of the 20th anniversary of the release (August '91).' So come hang with us for the 2012 version of our European Summer Vacation featuring The Black Album, with the exclusive stop in the UK on June 9."

Download 2012 takes place at Donington Park on June 8-10, 2012. Weekend with camping tickets go on sale at 9 a.m. on Friday, November 18th, from this location.

Source: metallica.com
Band profile: Metallica
Posted: 13.11.2011 by warensemble

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 33   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 238 users
15.11.2011 - 19:34
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Oops that was two nights Rotterdam the third night was a month later in Den Bosch
sorry for not getting it straight in one go. But we're talking about November and December 1992 on their Wherever I May Roam tour.
Btw the Den Bosch date was the 25th and last time I saw Metallica live. Never seen them live again I think. Unless them playing outdoor in Rotterdam with Megadeth and Suicidal Tendencies was June 1993 and not June 1991
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.11.2011 - 21:27
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.11.2011 at 19:27
I am pretty sure they have played 'Don't Tread On Me' live during their headlining tour they did to promote Metallica. Of the three shows they did in Rotterdam on I think four nights I can clearly remember them playing it twice.

You must be mistaken. "Don't Tread On Me" has never been played live, and James has stated that he doesn't really like the song, which is why it hasn't been played live. But looking at the official setlists for all 3 shows you mentioned, confirms the song was not played at either of them.

Nov 7th, 1992 - Ahoy, Rotterdam, Netherlands:

Intro/The Ecstasy of Gold (Ennio Morricone song)
1. Enter Sandman
2. Creeping Death
3. Harvester of Sorrow
4. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
5. Sad But True
6. Wherever I May Roam
7. The Unforgiven
8. Justice Medley
9. Bass Solo
10. Guitar Solo
11. Through the Never
12. For Whom the Bell Tolls
13. Fade to Black
14. Master of Puppets (Short Version)
15. Seek & Destroy (Extended Version)
16. Whiplash

Encore:
17. Nothing Else Matters
18. Am I Evil? (Diamond Head cover)
19. Last Caress (Misfits cover)
20. One
21. Battery

Encore 2:
22. Stone Cold Crazy

Nov 8th, 1992 - Ahoy, Rotterdam, Netherlands:

The same setlist as above, except tracks 20 and 21 are replaced by Damage Inc. and Breadfan.

Dec 7th, 1992 - Hertogenbosch, Netherlands:

Same setlist as the Nov 8th Rotterdam show except, the Justice Medley was replaced by Of Wolf And Man. And 23 songs were played rather than 22. The extra song played this night is Motorbreath. (Track 22 before the last track Breadfan)
05.12.2011 - 00:41
JCJen7

Written by Angelic Storm on 15.11.2011 at 10:22

Written by JCJen7 on 14.11.2011 at 09:33
Oh, i guess I have never gotten that far into the song

Aha! Now it makes sense why you've never heard "I am the table".

Haha ok I just watched the video all the way through, and got to the point where James repeatedly yells "I am the table". LOL that joke and the pictures just go sooo much funnier, when before I thought everyone was just stupid! lollolololol "I AM THE TABLE!"
----
This is my sig, respect it. Please.

CHECK THESE OUT

Hits total: 4131 | This month: 9