Metal Storm logo
Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Trailer For Upcoming Release Online

A video trailer for the upcoming new release by former member of Rhapsody Of Fire Luca Turilli's new band, which will bear the name of Luca Turilli's Rhapsody can now be viewed on Luca Turilli's official website or below.

Next year, guitarist/composer Luca Turilli will debut his new band, which includes guitarist Dominique Leurquin, bassist Patrice Guers, and drummer Alex Holzwarth, as Luca Turilli's Rhapsody. The new album will also feature a full choir and orchestra and present the Luca Turilli's Rhapsody's new lead singer. More news promised for December 19th.

Source: lucaturilli.com
Band profile: Luca Turilli
Posted: 16.11.2011 by Kallis Helmi

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 39   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 172 users
16.11.2011 - 15:33
DieH@rd

OOOHHH MYYY GOOODDDD. GIVE IT TO ME. I WANT THIS NOW.
----
His is a name the world will never forget... He is Dargor!
-Rhapsody-
16.11.2011 - 16:13
GT
Coffee!!
Judging by the amount of work put into the trailer the music is probably not too good
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
16.11.2011 - 17:21
Andreas

Written by GT on 16.11.2011 at 16:13

Judging by the amount of work put into the trailer the music is probably not too good

Wut? If the trailer is good, the album will be good too!

PS: I wasn't serious
16.11.2011 - 18:22
EmeraldSword

Cool effects, but to me the video seemed like a teaser for a movie trailer and didn't showcase the music much. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
16.11.2011 - 18:38
nb

Luca Turilli quit Rapsody of fire to launch his own project called Luca Turilli's Rapsody? That is very creative.
16.11.2011 - 19:11
Alkonyat

Oh my GOD!!!
That's WONDERFUL trailer!
Luca Turilli never made any bad albums... so this won't be bad at all! )
I thought Olah Hayer wil be the singer... he will be the best on this position.
I HOPE like hell if Luca won't present a woman singer... that will be a really very SHIT! :/

One of my friend said to me, no worries about Luca's leaving, because this way we could have two Rhapsody albums in the same time! :D:D
I hope Alex and Fabio will send some news about a new Rhapsody Of Fire album also!
16.11.2011 - 19:35
giok99

I agree, it's amazing to have now 2 albums of rhapsody per year. Nice Job
----
Nothing is real
16.11.2011 - 20:28
Edmund Fogg

That's it? Way to create a storm with nothing. I hope to hear a real album teaser soon rather then this "coming to a theater near you" bullshit. If Luca's on there, I can't wait to hear him play.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
16.11.2011 - 23:02
annodomini

This remind me of Globus or Two Steps from Hell, so if Turilli will add a fair dose of metal to that sound, this could be what I was waiting for years. Trully trailer metal music.
----
the riddle wants to be...
16.11.2011 - 23:08
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Winner of Drama of the Year, for sure.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
17.11.2011 - 01:07
RavenKing

Bullshit trailer. It says nothing about the music.
And again, this pretentious attitude to label something as a masterpiece when we still haven't listened to any music, instead of letting the music speak for itself.

Perhaps it will end up as something great but we can't know at all with this trailer.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
17.11.2011 - 01:11
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Give me my 57 seconds back please.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
17.11.2011 - 01:39
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by giok99 on 16.11.2011 at 19:35

I agree, it's amazing to have now 2 albums of rhapsody per year. Nice Job

hmmm... didnt we just have that with the last 3 RoF albums? ..and look how those turned out..

at this rate were gona have 4 mediocre Rhapsody albums a year!

not sure if this is good news guys...
but who knows hopefully this change will bring some much needed new inspiration to the next albums.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
17.11.2011 - 02:02
Stabby
Account deleted
Oh Luca, always putting your name all over everything. Well you have the chops to back up that ego. This singer had better be amazing too, I don't want to feel like Rhapsody's split produced two weaker bands. I'm optimistic that this won't be the case because the first Luca Turilli solo album was as good or better than anything Rhapsody did.

I'm realizing that people reading this who have just heard of Rhapsody, Rhapsody Of Fire, Luca Turilli, Luca Turilli's Rhapsody, etc, will be very confused. Ha.
17.11.2011 - 21:21
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Irritable Ted on 17.11.2011 at 21:08
I thought they were not allowed to use the name. If I started a fast food chain called The Shape's McDonalds, selling The Shape's Big Macs and The Shape's Coca Cola, I'm sure the lawyers would pay me a visit.

McDonald's probably has better lawyers than Rhapsody.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
18.11.2011 - 05:12
JÄY
Metal slave
Written by Troy Killjoy on 17.11.2011 at 01:11

Give me my 57 seconds back please.

If you clicked play you dont deserve it....
18.11.2011 - 08:03
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by JÄY on 18.11.2011 at 05:12
If you clicked play you dont deserve it....

Such is life. D:
----
18.11.2011 - 08:14
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by nb on 16.11.2011 at 18:38

Luca Turilli quit Rapsody of fire to launch his own project called Luca Turilli's Rapsody? That is very creative.

Yep, it really makes me wonder why he felt he had to leave Rhapsody (Of Fire) in the first place. If he's just going to be doing more or less the same as what he was doing in ROF, then why leave? It defies logic...
18.11.2011 - 08:31
Stabby
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 18.11.2011 at 08:14

Written by nb on 16.11.2011 at 18:38

Yep, it really makes me wonder why he felt he had to leave Rhapsody (Of Fire) in the first place. If he's just going to be doing more or less the same as what he was doing in ROF, then why leave? It defies logic...

Apparently there were musical differences between band members and this is the way things turned out, which makes me wonder what Fabio's band will sound like if Luca Turilli's Rhapsody is going to sound like Rhapsody Of Fire Rhapsody. Now what REALLY defies logic is why Luca Turilli would make Luca Turilli's Rhapsody which will sound exactly like Luca Turilli solo.
18.11.2011 - 08:43
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 18.11.2011 at 08:31
Apparently there were musical differences between band members and this is the way things turned out, which makes me wonder what Fabio's band will sound like if Luca Turilli's Rhapsody is going to sound like Rhapsody Of Fire Rhapsody. Now what REALLY defies logic is why Luca Turilli would make Luca Turilli's Rhapsody which will sound exactly like Luca Turilli solo.

Well, if it was purely to do with musical differences, then either A: Rhapsody Of Fire's (Fabio Lione's band) new material should sound markedly different from their signature sound, or B: Luca Turilli''s Rhapsody should sound markedly different from Rhapsody Of Fire. If neither of these things turns out to be the case, then it makes the split completely pointless. And yep, if LT's Rhapsody ends up sounding like Luca's solo material, that will be equally as daft, as he could have just released this new stuff as a solo album and it wouldn't make any difference...
18.11.2011 - 21:11
RavenKing

Written by Angelic Storm on 18.11.2011 at 08:43

Written by Guest on 18.11.2011 at 08:31

Well, if it was purely to do with musical differences, then either A: Rhapsody Of Fire's (Fabio Lione's band) new material should sound markedly different from their signature sound, or B: Luca Turilli''s Rhapsody should sound markedly different from Rhapsody Of Fire. If neither of these things turns out to be the case, then it makes the split completely pointless. And yep, if LT's Rhapsody ends up sounding like Luca's solo material, that will be equally as daft, as he could have just released this new stuff as a solo album and it wouldn't make any difference...

That's my own analysis of the situation.

But, as far as I know, Luca Turilli and Alex Staropoli have always been the leaders. Maybe there was a different between them.
Also, it is entirely possible that the different was not related to music. It could be personal matters that raised tensions between band members. In this case, it would not be surprising to see both bands sounding like RoF, however pointless as it may look.
----
19.11.2011 - 01:09
Void Eater
Account deleted
Looks like the movie trailer for whatever comic book superhero hollywood next decides to turn into a movie star. Looking forward to this though. Hoping that he makes another albumin the Prophet Of The Last Eclipse style.
19.11.2011 - 01:49
Kallis Helmi
ManDaraBosS
Written by Guest on 19.11.2011 at 01:09

Looks like the movie trailer for whatever comic book superhero hollywood next decides to turn into a movie star. Looking forward to this though. Hoping that he makes another albumin the Prophet Of The Last Eclipse style.

Yep, I'd like to hear a Prophet-style album. Its speed, symphonic/cosmic sound and the melodies are awesome! \m/
----
"Now I'm leaving my worries behind
Feel the freedom of body and mind
I am starting my journey, I'm drifting away with the wind
I go"
19.11.2011 - 01:59
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Good lord. I want to know who the pompous blowhard is who first thought of this idea?

"Yeah, let's like, put this shoddy CGI trailer together that looks kind of like a movie trailer, boasting how amazing this album will be."
"Sounds great, what song are we going to use to sell it?"
"Oh, it won't feature any of the actually music. Just throw in some stock sound-clips from whatever fantasy movie we can find."

This is the first time I've actually nerd-raged to the point where I pray to God this album turns out to be a colossal failure of Lulu proportions.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
19.11.2011 - 04:11
Void Eater
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 19.11.2011 at 01:59

Good lord. I want to know who the pompous blowhard is who first thought of this idea?

"Yeah, let's like, put this shoddy CGI trailer together that looks kind of like a movie trailer, boasting how amazing this album will be."
"Oh, it won't feature any of the actually music. Just throw in some stock sound-clips from whatever fantasy movie we can find."

This is the first time I've actually nerd-raged to the point where I pray to God this album turns out to be a colossal failure of Lulu proportions.

You're hoping that this album will be a commercial failure, considered one of the worst metal albums (or at least albums put out by a metal band) ever, and recieve nearly universal hatred from fans, because you thought that the minute long trailer was half assed?
19.11.2011 - 04:22
RavenKing

Written by Guest on 19.11.2011 at 04:11

You're hoping that this album will be a commercial failure, considered one of the worst metal albums (or at least albums put out by a metal band) ever, and recieve nearly universal hatred from fans, because you thought that the minute long trailer was half assed?

My guess is Doc disliked how pretentious this is. But it's Luca Turilli, so it should not come as a surprise.
----
19.11.2011 - 04:24
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by RavenKing on 18.11.2011 at 21:11
That's my own analysis of the situation.

But, as far as I know, Luca Turilli and Alex Staropoli have always been the leaders. Maybe there was a different between them.
Also, it is entirely possible that the different was not related to music. It could be personal matters that raised tensions between band members. In this case, it would not be surprising to see both bands sounding like RoF, however pointless as it may look.

Well of course, my appraisal of the situation was entirely based on the guy I quoted saying he'd heard it was musical differences which caused the split. I agree, it would not surprise me at all if both bands sounded like ROF, which would then mean either one of two things: 1. The split was completely pointless if done for musical reasons. Or 2. The split had nothing to do with musical reasons. I personally hadn't heard the spilt was for musical reasons, but if they actually did say that was the reason, it could also just be a smokescreen for the real reason. It''ll be interesting to see what both new album's sound like anyway, but I would be quite shocked if either band strayed very far from the style that Rhapsody (Of Fire) have always had. lol
19.11.2011 - 04:30
RavenKing

Written by Angelic Storm on 19.11.2011 at 04:24

Well of course, my appraisal of the situation was entirely based on the guy I quoted saying he'd heard it was musical differences which caused the split. I agree, it would not surprise me at all if both bands sounded like ROF, which would then mean either one of two things: 1. The split was completely pointless if done for musical reasons. Or 2. The split had nothing to do with musical reasons. I personally hadn't heard the spilt was for musical reasons, but if they actually did say that was the reason, it could also just be a smokescreen for the real reason. It''ll be interesting to see what both new album's sound like anyway, but I would be quite shocked if either band strayed very far from the style that Rhapsody (Of Fire) have always had. lol

I believe both bands will sound quite similar to RoF, but I can be wrong.
----
19.11.2011 - 08:09
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Guest on 19.11.2011 at 04:11

It was an exaggeration on my part. Frankly, I really don't care as it's not really my type of music, but I would get a slight sense of satisfaction if this turned out to suck.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
21.11.2011 - 01:35
Kallis Helmi
ManDaraBosS
BTW Luca Turilli's works NEVER suck!
----
"Now I'm leaving my worries behind
Feel the freedom of body and mind
I am starting my journey, I'm drifting away with the wind
I go"