05. Salvation: Suicide
06. Window To Nowhere
07. So Near So Far
08. Passing By
09. Scream Your Heart Out
10. Abandoned Fate
11. Out Of This World [Japanese bonus]

Additional info
Aurora Consurgens is also the title of an old book written by Saint Thomas of Aquin. Such book was used by Jung to establish relations between dreams and different mental conditions.
Contrary to the band's latest album, " Temple Of Shadows ", the forthcoming effort is not a concept album. However, all lyrics do have a common theme: the various mental issues, including suicidal tendencies, schizophrenia, manic depression, sociopathy, etc.
The artwork was once again designed by Portuguese artist Isabel de Amorim.

Produced by Dennis Ward and Thiago Bianchi.

Bonus track for Japan:
11. Out of This World

Staff review by
Jeff
Rating:
Finally, "Aurora Consurgens" the new album of the Brazilian combo Angra is out. And well for their 15th anniversary and despite a radical band members turnover in 2000, our guys are still happy to play music, and still able to write great songs. If "Temple Of Shadows" was probably one of the best releases of the year 2004, it was not so easy for the band to release something similar for their new album but before that we even try to expect something specific, Angra cut the grass under our feet and simply changed its musical orientation? "Aurora Consurgens" will be really surprising for you?

Read more ››
published 30.10.2006 | Comments (29)

Guest review by
Spyroid
Rating:
When I first heard this album, and still now when I'm writing this review 18 months later I am very confused - my brain has never felt so split about any album before! All this time I haven't been able to decide wether this album is totally awesome or a complete letdown. And the reason is spelled 'Temple Of Shadows'. That album still is one of my all time favourite albums in any category simply because it's such a totally complete masterpiece. 'Aurora Consurgens' is not. So first I will try to explain why this not a worthy follow up to it's ancestor.

Read more ››
published 13.06.2008 | Comments (1)

Found in 7 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 6   Visited by: 294 users
17.11.2011 - 13:15
Rating: 9
Mountain King
K i K o
7.9? i wonder what's wrong with people nowadays. I mean this is a masterpiece. i gave it a 9 just because of 1 or 2 average songs...
17.11.2011 - 13:17
Angelic Storm
Melodious
This album only seems a bit weak because it's predecessor was so great, and one of my fave albums of all time... but still, it's a very good album with some great songs on it.
04.06.2012 - 18:23
ianathema

Written by Mountain King on 17.11.2011 at 13:15

7.9? i wonder what's wrong with people nowadays. I mean this is a masterpiece. i gave it a 9 just because of 1 or 2 average songs...

This is fluffy masterpiece? u fluffy pedantic intelligent farmer
04.06.2012 - 21:09
Mountain King
K i K o
Written by ianathema on 04.06.2012 at 18:23

Written by Mountain King on 17.11.2011 at 13:15

This is fluffy masterpiece? u fluffy pedantic intelligent farmer

you better respect yourself when posting stupid shit like that. I couldn't care less about what u think...
29.01.2013 - 23:03
Rating: 8
musicalkaratekid

Another brilliant Angra album. In truth I've only heard this and their first two albums but it's good enough to make me try the rest of their discography.
17.11.2013 - 00:08
Titan1930

This is a really good album i like how Angra sounds when they play more progressive than power metal songs; the voice commanding you is a classic!!!

Hits total: 10727 | This month: 32