Metal Storm logo
Obscura - European Tour With Spawn Of Possession, Gorod, Exivious

German progressive/technical death metal outfit Obscura have announced an upcoming European tour, taking off in March through April.

Support on the trek comes from technical death metallers Spawn Of Possession and Gorod, and fusion metallers Exivious.

Obscura frontman Steffen Kummerer comments: "We are stoked to announce our upcoming European headlining tour to support our newest album Omnivium! With our label mates Spawn Of Possession, tech death lunatics Gorod and the fusion influenced Exivious this tour is a must for everyone who is into progressive music. This is the ultimate shredfest of the year!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Obscura
Event: Omnivium Europe Tour 2012
Posted: 17.11.2011 by Account deleted

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 99 users
17.11.2011 - 16:56
Panzerchrist
Account deleted
Can't see the dates on the poster, so I'll add them when they're announced on their website.
17.11.2011 - 16:56
Panzerchrist
Account deleted
Oh, and also: Hell motherfucking yes!
17.11.2011 - 17:21
Moose
Jealous!!!
17.11.2011 - 17:41
Kjtil
I think it says 14/03 in Oslo. All i needed to know!
17.11.2011 - 17:47
Paz
Elite
Not even a single show in Poland?! Very weak...
17.11.2011 - 19:46
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Insane tour. People will be deaf for life after this.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
17.11.2011 - 19:55
Skyum
Hopefully attending the Copenhagen gig!
17.11.2011 - 20:07
Panzerchrist
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 17.11.2011 at 19:46

Insane tour. People will be deaf for life after this.

17.11.2011 - 21:10
Kingface
Might have to attend the Manchester date of this one. Have yet to see Obscura Live and I really want to.
17.11.2011 - 23:22
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
This means I will have to go and see them. Obscura AND Gorod!!! The other two would be a nice bonus I guess. Not familiar with Spawn of Possession, and Exivious could be an interesting opener or an interlude between all the crazy tech-deth.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
17.11.2011 - 23:47
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by K✞ulu on 17.11.2011 at 23:22
Not familiar with Spawn of Possession

More brutal than the other too, but definitely a great tech-death outfit.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
17.11.2011 - 23:59
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Troy Killjoy on 17.11.2011 at 23:47

Written by K✞ulu on 17.11.2011 at 23:22
Not familiar with Spawn of Possession

More brutal than the other too, but definitely a great tech-death outfit.

I am not sure I am looking for something "more brutal" although I will check them out. Obscura has some sort of a special sound and great riffage and a lot of innovation (in particular regarding their latest). Gorod is also not so much brutal (at times they are) but very groovy and catchy, with those French avant-garde moments (I think only the French can do that or maybe also the Quebecois), and that's what makes Gorod so great: the drummer can relax and just do a simpler beat, and guitars can do some groovy stuff. By the way, I have also listened to The Aura by Beyond Creation through your recommendation, and it's the same: not just stupid fast playing, but something special going on, with mid-tempo parts and very lucid and great-sound bass (maybe even fretless if I remember well). I listened to it once, and something stood out for me. Anyway, music should be interesting, not just wankery...
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
18.11.2011 - 00:51
Grody2themax
Wow.....I wish I lived in Europe!!! Every band on this tour is well worth going to see.

Also, I've noticed Obscura has been picking out good bands to go on tour with.
22.11.2011 - 19:11
MechanisT
Account deleted
One of the few tours I'd be willing to watch from start to finish.

Hits total: 3419 | This month: 9