Metal Storm logo
Vildhjarta

19.11.2011 - 13:34
Moose

Wasn't quite sure where to post about his band...but I thought 'progressive' was the closest fit.

They're a Swedish band who play a very heavy and technical style of Djent. And it's the most impressive djent I have ever heard.

New album is out soon, called "Masstaden"....definitely worth checking out. Despite my favorite genre's being thrash, death and prog, this album is a real contender for my album of the year. I think you can find most of the new stuff on Youtube, so don't hesitate to give it a listen.
19.11.2011 - 14:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Never heard of it and what is Djent never heard of it and band is not in MA so I supose its nothing special, but post some samples
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.11.2011 - 14:33
Moose

They're not on MA? Wierd..think I spelt it right.

Djent is..a new kind of genre, kinda similar to mathcore...but I'd say more proggy, and less 'core'. Think of bands like 'Animals as Leaders' and 'Periphery'.

Sorry, I don't know how to post a youtube video properly, but here is one of there new songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drALbzXjHK4
19.11.2011 - 22:12
psykometal
A staff guy...
MA doesn't regard djent as a real genre of metal and therefore refuse to accept any bands that are considered djent. You won't find Periphery on MA either. I've heard of these guys and heard a couple samples and I am definitely intrigued by them.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

30.11.2011 - 20:26
psykometal
A staff guy...
Dl'd the album and it is fuckin' awesome. I'm not usually a big propenent of the djent "movement" but these dudes def create some damn catchy and "fat" riffs ...\m/
----

05.04.2012 - 04:36
chronic-headache

The more I look into djent, the more intrigued I am, and this album is starting to get interesting
05.04.2012 - 05:33
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Uhh, I'm sure there's a good reason, but I wouldn't have put this band under Melodic Metal. not even technically, based on having heard their last album.
----
Coldgrits
04.11.2014 - 13:29
_deepblack

These guys are head of the genre after Meshuggah of course Djent is very close to Metalcore and many metal core bands are trying to buy 7 and 8 string guitars and release their works in Djent genre cause its groovy and catchy but very very small group of bands have succeeded in Djent genre
09.11.2014 - 03:50
Ganondox

Since when was Vildhjarta a melodic band? I'm pretty sure most death metal has more melody than them, and is less extreme. I think they should be under extreme metal. Anyway, one of the more interesting djent bands, if Meshuggah is the frantic band, Periphery is the melodic band, Animals as Leaders is the jazzy band, and Tesseract is the atmospheric band, then Vildjarta is the dark and haunting band to complete your classic djent spectrum.
09.11.2014 - 13:44
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Yeah I'm surprised this has lasted so long in the melodic forum.
15.11.2014 - 09:10
_deepblack

Written by Ganondox on 09.11.2014 at 03:50

Since when was Vildhjarta a melodic band? I'm pretty sure most death metal has more melody than them, and is less extreme. I think they should be under extreme metal. Anyway, one of the more interesting djent bands, if Meshuggah is the frantic band, Periphery is the melodic band, Animals as Leaders is the jazzy band, and Tesseract is the atmospheric band, then Vildjarta is the dark and haunting band to complete your classic djent spectrum.

totally agreed
15.02.2015 - 23:46
psykometal
A staff guy...
Have moved to the Extreme forum.

@Ganondox, Jooe & deepblack
Next time any of you come across a topic that appears to be in the wrong forum submit a forum report to let the Moderator team know. It's real easy and quick to do - upper right corner of the topic, "REPORT TO MODS".

Joe, you especially have been here long enough to know to do that.
----

18.05.2016 - 03:51
Ganondox

Written by psykometal on 15.02.2015 at 23:46

Have moved to the Extreme forum.

@Ganondox, Jooe & deepblack
Next time any of you come across a topic that appears to be in the wrong forum submit a forum report to let the Moderator team know. It's real easy and quick to do - upper right corner of the topic, "REPORT TO MODS".

Joe, you especially have been here long enough to know to do that.

Thanks for the message, I didn't know you could do that that way.
18.05.2016 - 04:03
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
To be honest it's the first time I spot that button as well.
Does it also work to report those spam accounts which pop out every now and then?
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
18.05.2016 - 07:10
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Ganondox on 18.05.2016 at 03:51

Thanks for the message, I didn't know you could do that that way.

Any time.
----

18.05.2016 - 07:14
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Karlabos on 18.05.2016 at 04:03

To be honest it's the first time I spot that button as well.
Does it also work to report those spam accounts which pop out every now and then?

You can use it for that, yes. That button is for reporting any and all kinds of forum abuse, and spam comments qualify as such. So just be sure that you indicate the reason for your report is for spam, and who the spammer is.
----