Metal Storm logo
Theatre of Tragedy

Original post

Posted by Zeraphine, 18.05.2006 - 11:07
there's nothing to say about Theatre of Tragedy, is there?

i've recentely heard they're newest release, Storm. imo it's a pretty good album, with catchy songs and interesting lyrics. i never expected a return to Aegis so i'm quite satisfied with the result. this album starts a new and fresh era of Theatre of Tragedy. Nell is the perfect voice for them at this moment. other opinions?
08.06.2007 - 14:26
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
Never BUT NEVER they will write better music than the three first albums...
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
14.02.2008 - 17:05
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by VaronoZz on 08.06.2007 at 14:26

I have to agree with you... Even if I like the Storm album... wich is a very simple one, but in a strange way... it's just f*cking catchy, so that's why I like it.
Nell's voice is very beautiful and suits the music wich is very important.

But No-one's... And I can scream it... NO-ONE'S voice had make me feel so miserable, sad yet loved as Liv's voice... For me.. She is just the best female voice in the entire metal escene, as simple as that.
Her performance in the first three albums of ToT is just perfect...

No female singer had make me feel and will never make me feel that way again...
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
16.02.2008 - 16:28
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
Written by X-Ray Rod on 14.02.2008 at 17:05

Written by VaronoZz on 08.06.2007 at 14:26

I have to agree with you... Even if I like the Storm album... wich is a very simple one, but in a strange way... it's just f*cking catchy, so that's why I like it.
Nell's voice is very beautiful and suits the music wich is very important.

But No-one's... And I can scream it... NO-ONE'S voice had make me feel so miserable, sad yet loved as Liv's voice... For me.. She is just the best female voice in the entire metal escene, as simple as that.
Her performance in the first three albums of ToT is just perfect...

No female singer had make me feel and will never make me feel that way again...

Im glad that i can agree with some people in a theme like this
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
21.02.2008 - 17:01
Coté
Storm is a pretty good album but it will never overcome the other ones in which Liv sang.

It's a shame, I never saw them live T.T
Liv was so good >.<

Anyway, they made many albums, pretty good ones.
I miss her T.T

Storm as my brother said it's good but simple....
----
::...Am I awake? Am I asleep? I am only sure of one thing. I am a monster ...::
22.09.2009 - 11:18
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
So, today is day 2 of me listening Forever Is The World on repeat. My hopes got high when I first heard Hide & Seek and after that the album turned out to be just something as I expected. Ok, let's put aside the thrill about Raymond contributing with his growls again (but then again, yay!), this album also differs because there are 5 songs with only Nell's vocals and I gotta say I love her even more now than I did on Storm.

I liked Storm, it was a good album, but the whole atmosphere was much more frisky, whilst Forever Is The World has a lot of touch of Aégis, which is probably the reason I can't let this album go. There is something about Illusions that reminds me of Virago, whilst Frozen almost gives me the chills of ''Velvet Darkness They Fear''. Anyway, I'm fully enjoying this album so far.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
22.09.2009 - 21:46
Ernis
狼獾
Written by AnGina-- on 22.09.2009 at 11:18

So, today is day 2 of me listening Forever Is The World on repeat. My hopes got high when I first heard Hide & Seek and after that the album turned out to be just something as I expected. Ok, let's put aside the thrill about Raymond contributing with his growls again (but then again, yay!), this album also differs because there are 5 songs with only Nell's vocals and I gotta say I love her even more now than I did on Storm.

I liked Storm, it was a good album, but the whole atmosphere was much more frisky, whilst Forever Is The World has a lot of touch of Aégis, which is probably the reason I can't let this album go. There is something about Illusions that reminds me of Virago, whilst Frozen almost gives me the chills of ''Velvet Darkness They Fear''. Anyway, I'm fully enjoying this album so far.

I need to get my hands on this album soon....it's wonderful to hear that ToT are back on their best tracks again....I never bashed them for their two happy club music releases but their contribution to the music history with their classic albums is marvellous and the style they manage best....
22.09.2009 - 21:58
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Written by Ernis on 22.09.2009 at 21:46

Written by AnGina-- on 22.09.2009 at 11:18

I need to get my hands on this album soon....it's wonderful to hear that ToT are back on their best tracks again....I never bashed them for their two happy club music releases but their contribution to the music history with their classic albums is marvellous and the style they manage best....

The new album is certainly worthy, finally There isn't a bad track on it, really. Of course I'm fully biased to the opener, "Hide And Seek", but there are many other tracks that have lots of identity and some potential to become favorites of mine off the cd as well in the near future. It's got an excellent atmosphere and can easily be listened to several times in a row (which I'm also doing today). I'm pleased, which is hard to come by for me.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
22.09.2009 - 23:01
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
I guess I can trust you guys, Storm was average imho, good but forgettable. This seems to be he stuff I finally wanted from them.

The lenght of the album seems to be from a Grindcore album very short, but if it's short but effective then it will be all good.
----
Rod, let me love you.
23.09.2009 - 14:13
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Yea, there are about to be two more released, one vynil with a bonus tracks and one ''regular'' with a bonus tracks, adding 5 more minutes to the album

Anyway, it's day 2 of listening to Forever Is The World and I'm still enchanted. Especially by Illusions, Hide And Seek, Frozen and Forever Is The World, which is my fave track from the album so far
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
23.09.2009 - 18:05
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by AnGina-- on 23.09.2009 at 14:13

and one ''regular'' with a bonus tracks, adding 5 more minutes to the album

Aye... I already saw that one on the site I use to buy cds. So I'm just waiting to have a little more money.
----
Rod, let me love you.
23.09.2009 - 21:35
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Lucky you! I'll be glad if I'll await the album till the end of the year... We have metal CD stores here, but their supplies of gothic metal are... well... poor! I'm definately getting the limited edition if possible, cause I'm already hooked on this album! So far Forever Is The World is my fave track from the album, it's just so beautiful and ToT-ish.... But overall, I especially love the atmosphere the whole album carries.

And oh, to mention again (as Hobbit Viggo brought it up): I also liked their electro/future-pop odyssey with Musique and Assembly, so I'm not one of those who was bitchin around, wanting an Aégis successor, so I had my arms (and ears) totally opened... And well, Forever Is The World suprassed them, I was more expecting a Storm successor (even though you can hear a lot of Storm-sound on FITW also) and this album really made it and it's totally worth having whether you like only old ToT or their whole discography. :zhumbup:
----
25.09.2009 - 14:01
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by AnGina-- on 23.09.2009 at 21:35

And oh, to mention again (as Hobbit Viggo brought it up): I also liked their electro/future-pop odyssey with Musique and Assembly, so I'm not one of those who was bitchin around

Same here... I'm one of those who think that Assembly is one of the sexiest albums in existence. Liv's voise it's just so damn hot on that cd. Right in the first track I get excited:
Do you want to end up with this mister? UUUUUHHHHH!

I didn't heard too much of musique though, I think it wasn't really good and Raymonds vocals were reaaaaaally nasal and annoying. He did better in Assembly.
----
Rod, let me love you.
26.09.2009 - 02:21
farmakon
Whispering Gloom
Written by X-Ray Rod on 25.09.2009 at 14:01

And oh, to mention again (as Hobbit Viggo brought it up): I also liked their electro/future-pop odyssey with Musique and Assembly, so I'm not one of those who was bitchin around

Same here... I'm one of those who think that Assembly is one of the sexiest albums in existence. Liv's voise it's just so damn hot on that cd. Right in the first track I get excited:

I didn't heard too much of musique though, I think it wasn't really good and Raymonds vocals were reaaaaaally nasal and annoying. He did better in Assembly.

I also enjoy Assembly, Liv did her best job on this album. Automatic Lover, Let You Down, Envision and Flickerlight are soooo catchy.
Musique is not as catchy, it is more electronic, but also very good album. And I really like Raymond's robotic vocals.
26.09.2009 - 02:34
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by farmakon on 26.09.2009 at 02:21

Musique is not as catchy, it is more electronic, but also very good album. And I really like Raymond's robotic vocals.

Aye, I wanted to check the album again since it's been a while I listened to that album. The vocals aren't that bad anymore and I will probably end up buying the cd just because I want to have the cd
----
Rod, let me love you.
26.09.2009 - 16:23
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by X-Ray Rod on 25.09.2009 at 14:01

I agree on that with you man. I like Asseembly way more than Musique and I think Liv was her best on Assembly. While on Musique I fairly enjoy mostly Radio, Machine and Fragment, I love Assembly from the beginning to the end. The lyrics are nonetheless quite lame, but still, where the chorus of Universal Race starts, it makes me wanna dance. And I especially love Liquid Man and Play from Assemlby, I think those are great song.
----
09.10.2009 - 07:24
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
Aegis is their best record imo. I really like Leave's Eyes but Liv was a big part of ToT success. She should come back...
11.10.2009 - 15:55
Ernis
狼獾
Gave the new album a more or less thorough listen and liked it....review's also up...
16.11.2010 - 15:53
Coté
Hi, I just wanted to ask...is there somebody here that went to the concert that TOT had in Chile, Soutamerica in june 24th ?
I recorded some videos but the got accidentally erased. I would really like to have them :'(
----
::...Am I awake? Am I asleep? I am only sure of one thing. I am a monster ...::
16.11.2010 - 19:49
Kennoth
Aegis is great. I like Venus and Cassandra the most. I haven't really checked out most of their stuff though other than Storm which is a good album, and their very first release, from which I like A Hamlet For A Slothful Vassal.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
16.11.2010 - 21:28
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Kennoth on 16.11.2010 at 19:49

Aegis is great. I like Venus and Cassandra the most. I haven't really checked out most of their stuff though other than Storm which is a good album, and their very first release, from which I like A Hamlet For A Slothful Vassal.

Well, like most people probably...I think that their best stuff is the first three cds. That triology isn't only good, it's pretty much THE definition of what gothic metal should sound like. So I recommend you to check out Velvet Darkness They Fear, which is probably my favorite of the first three,... It's the most elegant and beautiful album in Gothic metal imo, wich some really great lyrics and performances by both singers that were just getting started in their debut... It's in "Velvet..." were they really nailed the singing part.
----
Rod, let me love you.
04.02.2011 - 16:05
Night Sight
None of the albums are better than valvet darkness they fear
----
Alone in birth
Alone in the darkness
Alone in death
Alone in the daylight
20.04.2011 - 16:58
Nefarious
Doom Knight
Staff
Hmmmn i kinda lost interest in ToT after the first 3 albums and havent really been paying them much attention since, but from what i see here maybe i should give the new album a spin
----
"FUCK!!! You're the fucking 5th person asking me in an interview about the woman in the bathtub?The problem is that I AM the fucking person in the bathtub, and I AM a fucking MAN, for fuck's sake! I hate you all!" ~ Herr Morbid