Metal Storm logo
Rise Against

20.11.2011 - 11:39
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Rise Against are a punk rock band from Chicago, Illinois. Formed in 1999, and originally performing under the name Transistor Revolt, they released a self-produced demo entitled Transistor Revolt in 2000, a year before signing with Fat Wreck Chords to release their first two albums, The Unraveling in 2001, and Revolutions Per Minute in 2003. The band had a slow but steady rise in popularity, with each album building on the popularity of the previous and bringing them to a new level of mainstream awareness, beginning with their independent label debut The Unraveling to their latest major label offering, Appeal to Reason, which had the band make their signature sound slightly more accessible and offered them their heaviest airplay to date and is their highest-charting album.

They have now come up with their brand new album "Endgame" hitting stores from Feb 2011( their 6th released). I think their music is really good compare to other Punk rock heads who also occupying the music market slowly and very steadily.

As far as I am concerned, this band should feature in MS, they are highly respected and play a good amount of Punk rock. For eg listen their track called Satellite from their new album Endgame and I assure you gonna have a good first hit( for those who havent listen it yet) on you.
You can check it out more songs below:
Under The Knive
Prayer of the Refugee
20.11.2011 - 14:56
fabregassed
Account deleted
I loved them back when I was 12. I still listen to their debut album and RPM a lot, the rest is too alternrock for me.

Edit: why do you copy and paste everything you say?
20.11.2011 - 15:21
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 20.11.2011 at 14:56

Edit: why do you copy and paste everything you say?

I copied their history(first para) from Last.fm cause its everything there...so I copied it. Most importantly I was thinking to introduce this band out here[who haven't listen it/ giving much emphasis for inclusion in MS].
15.01.2012 - 06:28
aerobat97
Rise Against happens to be my favorite band. In fact, I'm listening to the Sufferer & The Witness all the way through right now.a
16.01.2012 - 04:54
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I also once liked them when I was 12.
I think they play whiny bullshit now.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
16.01.2012 - 18:16
Uldreth
That was evident from your horribly terribly unfair Sick of it All review, that band is way too awesome to be slandered like that :<
17.01.2012 - 08:44
I just recently discovered them. Used to be into Offspring when I was young, and Rise Against kind of brings this feeling back. The only album I like from start to finish is The Sufferer And The Witness, though, but it's one of the strongest albums I've heard. Ever.
----
"We are blind to the world within us, waiting to be born"
26.01.2012 - 10:58
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Boxcar Willy on 16.01.2012 at 04:54

I think they play whiny bullshit now.

Not really! They play a pretty good Punk Rock music. Their latest album was a great hit and if you really wanna go in fucking stats then you will come to know..this album was the huge hit and consider one of the best release out of their discography. Atleast they beat the fuck out of many Punk rock acts[ like Blink 182].
26.01.2012 - 22:10
snake? snaaaake!
Account deleted
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 26.01.2012 at 10:58

Not really! They play a pretty good Punk Rock music. Their latest album was a great hit and if you really wanna go in fucking stats then you will come to know..this album was the huge hit and consider one of the best release out of their discography. Atleast they beat the fuck out of many Punk rock acts[ like Blink 182].

They do suck now. Their music doesn't have the same bite/balls anymore. Their latest album is probably worse than anything Blink 182 have done.
27.01.2012 - 08:29
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 26.01.2012 at 22:10

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 26.01.2012 at 10:58

worse than anything Blink 182 have done.

Not comparing with their previous works but yeah now their drummer Travis is fucking covering Lil, 'Em or Jay-Z's songs and I think that wont hide him from the fact that how vagabond he is. Anyways, I liked their latest work. Its pretty good and catchy.
04.02.2012 - 09:51
Ankläger
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 20.11.2011 at 11:39

... this band should feature in MS ...

What say Stromers?

(And what is "Stromers"? )

MS should feature the Ramones
04.02.2012 - 16:28
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Uldreth on 16.01.2012 at 18:16

That was evident from your horribly terribly unfair Sick of it All review, that band is way too awesome to be slandered like that :<

That was a horrible album.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
04.02.2012 - 16:29
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Ankläger on 04.02.2012 at 09:51

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 20.11.2011 at 11:39

... this band should feature in MS ...

What say Stromers?

I agree.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
04.02.2012 - 20:39
Much as I love Rise Against (top couple bands for me), they really don't have much of a place here, there's really no argument for them as at all "metal".

that being said, everyone at all interested in rock should go and listen to Siren Songs of the Counter Culture. "Dancing for Rain"/"Anywhere But Here"/"Paper Wings"/"Rumors..." are all excellent tracks
----
Here at the edge of this world
Here I gaze at a pantheon of oak, a citadel of stone
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God...
Then God is not dead
12.08.2012 - 01:03
Cüca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by Ankläger on 04.02.2012 at 09:51

MS should feature the Ramones

+1 vote from me.