Metal Storm logo
Hypocrisy - Working On New Album

According to an interview with their bassist Mikael Hedlund, Swedish extreme metal veterans Hypocrisy are writing material for a new studio album, which they plan to record next year.

Mikael Hedlund told Metal Shock Finland: "We're focusing on writing a new album. That's the most important thing for us at the moment. It's too early to say what it's going to sound like but all I can say is that it's not gonna be any change of style. It will be a classic Hypocrisy album without no compromises. We already got some material and we're really looking forward to enter the studio again. We don't know yet when it will but hopefully after the summer 2012. Nothing is confirmed yet. We're doing the MetalFest tour in May/June plus some other festivals. That's the plans at the moment."

Source: metalshockfinland.wordpress.com
Band profile: Hypocrisy
Posted: 20.11.2011 by DEATH666

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 153 users
20.11.2011 - 16:14
AXA
Awesome news ... wish all the best to you ,,good luck
20.11.2011 - 16:15
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
"It's too early to say what it's going to sound like but all I can say is that it's not gonna be any change of style"

What a shock.

So half fast-paced good songs and half mediocre mid-paced filler it is then.
20.11.2011 - 18:30
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Cool they have a new disc in the works, but I haven't liked much since their Virus album, and I think the excellence of their '99 s/t is well in the past, but hey, I'll still check it out just to see what they're up to.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
20.11.2011 - 20:29
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by Guest on 20.11.2011 at 16:15

So half fast-paced good songs

Half is enough for me to buy it. Hypocriiiiiiisy!!!
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
20.11.2011 - 21:26
Grody2themax
I guess I don't want to hear the same exact album from them over and over. But, I've always liked Hypocrisy a lot even if it can get repetitive at times. I'm not sure if I would call it repetitive though. The albums all sound very "hypocrisy", but they all have a different feel to them. It should be a pretty enjoyable album though
20.11.2011 - 21:27
Opethian
I was not impressed with their 2009 offering, very bland IMO .. oh well
20.11.2011 - 22:33
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Please don't suck.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
20.11.2011 - 23:19
HaaskAksaaH
Helllll Yeaaaaaaa ... \m/
21.11.2011 - 00:05
Fredd
Account deleted
Quote:
without no compromises
21.11.2011 - 00:09
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Guest on 21.11.2011 at 00:05
Quote:
without no compromises

Maybe they mean it as a double negative, that there WILL be compromises.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
21.11.2011 - 04:04
Methuselah
Can't wait!
21.11.2011 - 19:31
parallax
Maybe its just the fanboy in me, but I cannot wait. I've personally enjoyed everything they have put out, even Catch 22.
22.11.2011 - 00:24
popmik
At least they don't say like every other band that this is gonna be their best release ever
22.11.2011 - 00:31
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by popmik on 22.11.2011 at 00:24
At least they don't say like every other band that this is gonna be their best release ever

True that. I'd rather have a band say "we're gonna write the same shit, so if you like our style you'll like this album" as opposed to telling me they're going to give us the best, heaviest, most technical, brutal, progressive, experimental release they've ever done that will please fans of the old sound and also please newcomers.
----
22.11.2011 - 01:05
Winterthrone
Hypocrisy rules and will rule as always!
23.11.2011 - 20:12
Dark Blood
The Avenger

Looking forward to it. An average Hypocrisy album is still good.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.

Hits total: 4018 | This month: 4