Metal Storm logo
Year Of No Light

21.11.2011 - 15:49
The Turbanator
Post Metal band from France. Seriously check out the album "Ausserwelt". Such emotional riffs.

----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
21.11.2011 - 15:52
The Turbanator
Also if you guys know any good bands in this genre, do let me know.

I listen to alot of Post Rock/ Metal. Isis, Mono, Sigur Ros, Long Distance Calling, Toundra, God Is An Astronaut, Mogwai. Any others? checking out Rosetta now.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
23.11.2011 - 01:09
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Written by The Turbanator on 21.11.2011 at 15:52

I listen to alot of Post Rock/ Metal. Isis, Mono, Sigur Ros, Long Distance Calling, Toundra, God Is An Astronaut, Mogwai. Any others? checking out Rosetta now.

search this thread man, terrific suggestions through out:

http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=28080
----
rekt
23.11.2011 - 01:14
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite

omega massif is in the line of year of no light
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.11.2011 - 01:30
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.11.2011 at 01:14

omega massif is in the line of year of no light

you sir are correct...Karpatia a definite must, oops wrong thread
----
rekt
23.11.2011 - 10:31
The Turbanator
Written by tea[m]ster on 23.11.2011 at 01:09

Cheers man. Going through that thread now.
----
24.11.2011 - 01:29
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Written by The Turbanator on 23.11.2011 at 10:31

We should probably talk about other bands in the genre over there

As far as Year Of No Light, what a huge difference Ausserwelt is from their previous album Njord: No vocals, two drummers, better album production.

Check this out...good shit:

----
rekt
24.11.2011 - 01:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by tea[m]ster on 24.11.2011 at 01:29

As far as Year Of No Light, what a huge difference Ausserwelt is from their previous album Njord: No vocals, two drummers, better album production.

seen them live a couple of times now and also when they still had the vocalist. That gig has been released by Burning World records and is the Roadburn gig it was intense. The dvd of that gig just blows you away.
Also saw them live after Ausserwelt. Then they perform Ausserwelt in its entirety with two drummers and one of the drummers also plays the keyboard from time to time and those gigs were even more intense than the one with the vocalist. One of the Ausserwelt gig was at a sold out club where only 50 people could attend but they had managed to squeeze 80 in
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.11.2011 - 01:56
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.11.2011 at 01:49

seen them live a couple of times now and also when they still had the vocalist. That gig has been released by Burning World records and is the Roadburn gig it was intense. The dvd of that gig just blows you away.
Also saw them live after Ausserwelt. Then they perform Ausserwelt in its entirety with two drummers and one of the drummers also plays the keyboard from time to time and those gigs were even more intense than the one with the vocalist. One of the Ausserwelt gig was at a sold out club where only 50 people could attend but they had managed to squeeze 80 in

I am envious! So they do have a retail dvd released? If so, maybe you can help me find a place where I can buy it!
----
rekt
24.11.2011 - 12:43
The Turbanator

Really good! They have 2 drummers. How many members altogether? Also, one of my favorite live (post rock) :

----
25.11.2011 - 10:12
Øyvind
Grave Digger
When I was buying Ausserwelt in London the salesman said I made a great choice and that their live show was fantastic. I now see in those clips that he was right.
----
03.09.2012 - 15:07
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
This is big surprise for fan of "POST" , check it here. feel great frequency of natural instrumental post rock/metal band
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.
03.09.2012 - 16:10
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Love YonL, Ausserwelt is fantastic, as soon as I have more money in my papal, I'm buying it on CD
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
03.09.2012 - 16:49
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
What a coincidence...i just have finished listening to their split with Altar Of Plagues...but have to say i like the track by AOP even a bit more
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

03.09.2012 - 17:24
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Ellrohir on 03.09.2012 at 16:49

What a coincidence...i just have finished listening to their split with Altar Of Plagues...but have to say i like the track by AOP even a bit more

what? That is by far the worst track Altar Of PLagues has ever released.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.09.2012 - 22:42
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.09.2012 at 17:24

Written by Ellrohir on 03.09.2012 at 16:49

what? That is by far the worst track Altar Of PLagues has ever released.

that may indicate, i will love this band...gotta check it out
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

16.01.2013 - 01:03
Lit.
Account deleted
I listened to Ausserwelt, and I honestly I don't remember a thing about it. Probably should try again.
17.01.2013 - 03:29
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Written by Guest on 16.01.2013 at 01:03

I listened to Ausserwelt, and I honestly I don't remember a thing about it. Probably should try again.

This kind of music isn't for everyone. Instrumental post/black metal if u can't remember.
----
rekt