Found in 14 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 10   Visited by: 560 users
22.11.2011 - 10:58
Rating: 7
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Too bad the generic deathcore things have remained besides the technical death stuff. 8, maybe 9... I was expecting more.

EDiT: Definitely 9.
----
24.11.2011 - 01:12
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by qlacs on 22.11.2011 at 10:58

generic deathcore things have remained

Are we listening to the same album cuz I'm not hearing any deathcore moments at all?! I've listened to this album a few times already and I'm hearing nothing but prog/tech death goodness.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

24.11.2011 - 02:15
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I've heard of this album on a few different sites now. Guess I should check it out, although I have been wary of their deathcore background.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
05.12.2011 - 23:11
Rating: 9
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Wow, this album is great. Not really deathcore, but more in the same style as Ouroboros and Vale of Pnath, but way better. The instrumental songs are my favorite
13.12.2011 - 17:09
Rating: 6
Qube

Thrash riffs, tech/death show-offery, atmospheric black passages... Damn there's a lot of stuff in there. I don't know what to make of it yet.
14.12.2011 - 23:18
Rating: 6
Qube

Well, after a few listens this does not work for me.

The musicianship is indeed very good but the songwriting feels overly simple. The atmospheric bits are put side by side with the death metal parts like they actually come from different songs. The solos and the melodic are great but again they're is close to no build up towards them.

I guess that's how it sounds to me:

Atmo black ... pause ... death ... pause ... melodic tech/death ... pause ... rinse and repeat

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of good ideas in there but I don't think they have matured yet.

I really look forward to a next album though.
20.12.2011 - 22:01
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys

Which band has copied the other one's cover?
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
20.12.2011 - 22:04
vezzy
Stallmanite
To be honest, these "cryptic astrological Freemason mysticism Dan Brown oh look an ambigram" covers get repetitive, so it's not necessarily a rip-off.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
31.12.2016 - 02:09
Rating: 9
Opethian

Album is caving my skull in. Also nice to see them venture away from this sound later on. Killer band
17.10.2021 - 23:56
Rating: 8
Tino99

More than just how many notes you can play in a song. This is solid tech death! Some of the reverb heavy guitar leads were a little weird, but overall I enjoyed this album.

Hits total: 10668 | This month: 21