Metal Storm logo
Ahab - Set To Begin Work On New Album

According to the band's official Facebook page, German funeral doom metallers Ahab are set to begin work on a new album.

"Ahoy,

In the end of January we'll enter [the] studio to record the yet untitled follow up of The Divinity Of Oceans. These days we're in the final writing session to finish the compositions. We promise to keep on informing you about the process this time.

Cheers, Ahab"

And here's something to tide you over in the meantime.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Ahab
Posted: 25.11.2011 by Rog-Mothoth

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 25   Visited by: 81 users
25.11.2011 - 05:43
Rog-Mothoth

Thanks for the extra video and edits for my news post. You obviouslly
----
Written by Guest on 25.08.2011 at 06:44

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 25.08.2011 at 01:04

EVERYBODY CALM DOWN.

... I can hear your prog boners from here. D:<

Liar... Everyone knows the only way to sense a boner is by smell D:<
25.11.2011 - 05:46
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I just figured since there wasn't any new song to post I'd remind people just how good these guys are with a nice little tune.

PS I'm fucking stoked for this.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
25.11.2011 - 07:23
Behdaad
DEAD
Great news.
They're great, really loved their previous works.
----
As tyranny becomes normality;
We hang at the end of the rope.
25.11.2011 - 08:42
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.11.2011 at 05:46

I just figured since there wasn't any new song to post I'd remind people just how good these guys are with a nice little tune.

PS I'm fucking stoked for this.

Agreed. I love both albums because they both capture very different moods. I still preferred the type of production from Call of the Wretched Sea, but the cleaner style definitely the material they wrote on Divinity. I feel this new album could still be somewhat of a surprise, and will undoubtedly be a phenomenal release.
25.11.2011 - 08:57
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Frankthetank727 on 25.11.2011 at 08:42
I feel this new album could still be somewhat of a surprise, and will undoubtedly be a phenomenal release.

Being that their trilogy is complete, this album could sound like anything. They haven't released any info about it aside from when they plan on recording it, so I don't know what books or stories this one is being influenced by. There's a chance they move in a completely different direction within their respective genre.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
25.11.2011 - 09:04
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.11.2011 at 08:57

Written by Frankthetank727 on 25.11.2011 at 08:42
I feel this new album could still be somewhat of a surprise, and will undoubtedly be a phenomenal release.

Being that their trilogy is complete, this album could sound like anything. They haven't released any info about it aside from when they plan on recording it, so I don't know what books or stories this one is being influenced by. There's a chance they move in a completely different direction within their respective genre.

Regardless, The Call of the Wretched Sea and The Divinity of Oceans were utterly brilliant. This third release, I have no doubt, will be no different! I can only hope it will be called Here Be Dragons and will be about Magellan's voyage into the (to Europeans) nautical unknown!
----
The force will be with you, always.
25.11.2011 - 09:08
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Clintagräm on 25.11.2011 at 09:04
Regardless, The Call of the Wretched Sea and The Divinity of Oceans were utterly brilliant. This third release, I have no doubt, will be no different! I can only hope it will be called Here Be Dragons and will be about Magellan's voyage into the (to Europeans) nautical unknown!

Indeed, I'm sure this album will exceed my expectations. There was actually an inkling of hope within me that they would take inspiration from Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea. We'll see what happens in about a year anyway.

And that made me realize just how much longer we have to wait. D:
----
25.11.2011 - 09:13
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.11.2011 at 09:08

Written by Clintagräm on 25.11.2011 at 09:04

Indeed, I'm sure this album will exceed my expectations. There was actually an inkling of hope within me that they would take inspiration from Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea. We'll see what happens in about a year anyway.

And that made me realize just how much longer we have to wait. D:

I just thought of Leagues! That would be great. Poe's The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket is another great tale of the sea. Regardless, these guys have plenty of inspiration. Hopefully they'll keep putting out great records. To a man/A year is short on land/But at sea/It be eternity.
----
25.11.2011 - 09:16
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Clintagräm on 25.11.2011 at 09:13
Poe's The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket is another great tale of the sea.

I'm sure they took some influence from that as part of the Nantucket trilogy.

Great minds think alike.
----
25.11.2011 - 09:35
advent

Great new, regardless I hope they maintain their good work , and i feel they will go a little progressive in their coming album.
25.11.2011 - 10:30
Paz

Excellent news. I'm looking forward to working results.
25.11.2011 - 10:58
malaikat

Oh, nice, Definitely looking forward to this.
25.11.2011 - 12:54
Pierre Tombale

So everyone is full of good hope and expectations?
For me only the first album is a masterpiece and the second did not live up to my expectations, but maybe that's only me.
25.11.2011 - 14:56
Zender 1.8
Indestructible
Amazing news!! can't wait for it!! AHAB RULES \\w//
25.11.2011 - 15:36
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Mega drool.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
25.11.2011 - 18:22
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Pierre Tombale on 25.11.2011 at 12:54
For me only the first album is a masterpiece and the second did not live up to my expectations, but maybe that's only me.

Well Wretched and The Oath were both brilliant to me, although Divinity was definitely of lower quality. That being said, I still enjoyed it quite a bit. At first I didn't like it because I compared it to its predecessor, but then I took it for what it was and found I appreciated it a lot more.
----
25.11.2011 - 18:59
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Great news. Consider me extremely stoked about this.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
25.11.2011 - 21:14
Pierre Tombale

Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.11.2011 at 18:22

Well Wretched and The Oath were both brilliant to me, although Divinity was definitely of lower quality. That being said, I still enjoyed it quite a bit. At first I didn't like it because I compared it to its predecessor, but then I took it for what it was and found I appreciated it a lot more.

I tried not to compare the two albums, but then the first album is still what I want the second to be. It is just overwhelming.
25.11.2011 - 22:15
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Pierre Tombale on 25.11.2011 at 21:14

Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.11.2011 at 18:22

I tried not to compare the two albums, but then the first album is still what I want the second to be. It is just overwhelming.

I was actually the opposite. I enjoyed the The Divinity of Oceans more on the first few turns than I did The Call of the Wretched Sea. It seemed more forlorn and desolate whereas their debut was more chaotic and destructive. Both fit the themes of the unmerciful sea perfectly but I liked the second one more for its atmosphere and leads vs. the former for its crushing heaviness. But regardless, like has been said, they are both fantastic albums.
----
26.11.2011 - 05:31
Opethian

Best news ever! First Evoken hands out news of new album and now Ahab? I am excited haha
26.11.2011 - 16:28
Abattoir

Just bring it on!
26.11.2011 - 19:46
InnerSelf
proofread free
This year we got Esoteric and Mournful Congregation and next year we'll have this and Evoken's. AWESOME
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
26.11.2011 - 22:22
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by InnerSelf on 26.11.2011 at 19:46
This year we got Esoteric and Mournful Congregation and next year we'll have this and Evoken's. AWESOME

I didn't even think about it that way. Man are we ever spoiled.
----
27.11.2011 - 00:32
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Troy Killjoy on 26.11.2011 at 22:22

Written by InnerSelf on 26.11.2011 at 19:46

I didn't even think about it that way. Man are we ever spoiled.

hahahaha 2011 spoiled me.
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
27.11.2011 - 01:49
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
And the world is blessed with another excellent doom album. Can't wait.

Hits total: 2156 | This month: 6