Metal Storm logo
Metallica - New Shows Added To 2012 Summer Tour, Oscar-Nominated Director To Direct Upcoming Music Video

According to Metallica's official website, two new locations were added to the 2012 European summer vacation tour. Germany and Austria are the new additions with shows at Rock Im Park and Rock Am Ring. Metallica are veterans in these two festivals performing for the fifth time in both of them.

Also, but now in Austria, Metallica will be performing at Nova Rock in Nickelsdorf, the three-day festival that will receive Slayer, Mastodon, Trivium, Hatebreed, and Lamb Of God. Each night, the band will play the Metallica album in its entirety in order to celebrate the 20th anniversary of its release in August of 1991.

New shows added:

June 1, 2012 - Rock Im Park - Nuremberg, Germany
June 2, 2012 - Rock Am Ring - Nürburgring, Germany
June 10, 2012 - Nova Rock - Nickelsdorf, Austria

In other news, Academy Award nominated director Darren Aronofsky, famous for directing movies such as Black Swan and The Wrestler, has been announced as the director for Metallica's project with Lou Reed's second single, "Iced Honey", from their 2011 release Lulu. Drummer Lars Ulrich has commented that "Reed plus Aronofsky = living the dream", while Reed has commented that he wants this video to be "his Black Swan." The music video should be released later this month.

[Also thanks to Strifeman for sending in this news!]

Source: metallica.com
Band profile: Metallica
Posted: 26.11.2011 by kual21

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 44   Visited by: 251 users
27.11.2011 - 16:05
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Troy Killjoy on 26.11.2011 at 23:04

...Then they sold out with their rock releases for radio play, ...

Metallica - Metallica is a straight up heavy metal release for radio play NOT a rock release *sigh* :
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.11.2011 - 18:14
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by Angelic Storm on 27.11.2011 at 14:19

Written by Joppe on 27.11.2011 at 00:55
There's no leaving thrash, true fans won't forget nor forgive sell outs. THRASH TILL DEATH as the saying goes, or maybe they are dead already? For me at least they have been dead for a long time.

So I'm guessing then, that you hold bands like Megadeth, Sepultura, Kreator, Destruction, Overkill, Forbidden, Testament, Exodus, etc in contempt just like Metallica? Because all of these bands (and many others) at some point in their careers, abandoned thrash as well.

Well I'm bigger fan of lesser known thrash bands and that might just be because they always were true to their fans and never forgot their roots, unlike many of these "popular thrash acts". I agree on that many big thrash names did leave the boundaries of thrash metal by experimenting with different kinds of other metal but Metallica did it most extreme. It wasn't an uncommon thing and not that big deal to bitch about that thrash bands went into groove metal in the 90s (Overkill, Sepultura, Vio-lence) but going nu-metal like Metallica (St. Anger) is not something that could be turned a blind eye on. I mean for many thrash bands it wasn't even up to them to decide if they would continue to play thrash but to do as record companies wanted them to do; to play groove. This lead to disbandment of many major thrash acts such as "Death Angel" and "Evil Dead" which have been fortunately reformed.

For anyone interested in this topic I would recommend checking out documents such as 'Get Thrashed' and 'Vio-lence: Blood and Dirt' to get a better insight what was going back then.
----
My vision is augmented
27.11.2011 - 18:56
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 27.11.2011 at 16:05
Metallica - Metallica is a straight up heavy metal release for radio play NOT a rock release *sigh* :

Load and ReLoad are both rock albums.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
27.11.2011 - 19:37
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.11.2011 at 18:56

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 27.11.2011 at 16:05

Load and ReLoad are both rock albums.

Load and Reload are indeed hard rock albums.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.11.2011 - 19:43
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 27.11.2011 at 19:37
Load and Reload are indeed hard rock albums.

I don't even know if I'd call them hard rock at that point. There are definitely some hard rock songs, but also a few blues rock tracks.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
27.11.2011 - 21:13
Winterthrone

Lol...You just have to write Metallica in a post to start up a mess...Darren Aronofsky is one of the greatest directors of our times, but I don't think he can save a band from mediocrity...What Metallica would need is to be locked up in a room with no food, lots of beer and their instruments so that they could come back to what they did best in the days they were starving and partying: Thrash Fuckin' Metal.
28.11.2011 - 05:16
NLthrasher

Written by Winterthrone on 27.11.2011 at 21:13

Lol...You just have to write Metallica in a post to start up a mess...Darren Aronofsky is one of the greatest directors of our times, but I don't think he can save a band from mediocrity...What Metallica would need is to be locked up in a room with no food, lots of beer and their instruments so that they could come back to what they did best in the days they were starving and partying: Thrash Fuckin' Metal.

That seems like an ideal solution;D
28.11.2011 - 08:37
afu

I'm a fan of hard rock, so I like Load. There are a lot of good songs, but I can understand the anger old fans might have for the shift in direction. I think Reload and St Anger were mostly shit, though. Metallica changed my life when I was 13, so I've tried to stick by them. When they release shit albums, I just don't listen to them. I was very pleasantly surprised by Death Magnetic and I hope their next proper release builds on it and makes me proud to be a Metallica fan.

I'm curious as to how Cliff and Peter from Q Prime responded to the album. Both seem to be pretty vocal in any footage I've seen of them.
30.11.2011 - 23:42
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by Qube on 27.11.2011 at 01:49

Anyway, that music video could be very interesting to watch... on mute .

Especially if they get Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis to make out in it?

Quite a shame that a girl had to say this, the male audience is probably all about the kitchen puns right now.
----
7.0 means the album is good
30.11.2011 - 23:43
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Milena on 30.11.2011 at 23:42
Quite a shame that a girl had to say this...

Maybe if they did a better job at portraying a lesbian scene more of us would be excited for this kind of collaboration.
----
30.11.2011 - 23:47
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by Troy Killjoy on 30.11.2011 at 23:43

Maybe if they did a better job at portraying a lesbian scene more of us would be excited for this kind of collaboration.

Quite possibly.
On topic though, I believe the video will be very artsy-fartsy and with a lot of photoshopping over the wrinkles. The Day That Never Comes was a very nice video, or maybe I remember it as nice because I always liked the song from the middle onward. Never was a Metallica fan, but that song did wonders for me when I had to wake up for school in the mornin'.
----
01.12.2011 - 17:47
Slayer666

Quite a shame that a girl had to say this, the male audience is probably all about the kitchen puns right now.

Nah, too busy Googling for "Black Swan sex scene".
01.12.2011 - 18:11
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by Slayer666 on 01.12.2011 at 17:47

Nah, too busy Googling for "Black Swan sex scene".

Fair enough
----
02.12.2011 - 22:17
Qube

Especially if they get Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis to make out in it?

I don't want Metallica to ruin lesbians for me.
I know they can... :'((

Hits total: 4041 | This month: 2