Metal Storm logo
Hellfest 2012 - 49 New Bands Confirmed

After the previously announced confirmation of reunited heavy metal pioneers Black Sabbath, the French metal festival Hellfest disclosed the names of the next 49 bands on the billing of its 2012 edition:

Headliners: Lynyrd Skynyrd, Machine Head, Amon Amarth, Cannibal Corpse

Acid King, All Pigs Must Die, Alpha Tiger, August Burns Red, Betraying The Martyrs, Blood Red Throne, Brain Police, Brujeria, Brutal Truth, Channel Zero, Darkest Hour, Death Angel, DevilDriver, Djerv, Do Or Die, Dog Eat Dog, Dying Fetus, Emmure, Endstille, Enslaved, Exodus, Extinction Of A Mankind, From Ashes Rise, Gama Bomb, Girlschool, Glorior Belli, H2O, Hoods, Integrity, L'Esprit Du Clan, Lizzy Borden, Madball, Merrimack, Molly Hatchet, Nasum, Origin, Pentagram, Sacred Reich, Saint Vitus, Suicidal Angels, Taake, Vomitory, Walls Of Jericho, Whitechapel, Year Of No Light, Yob.

The first 43 names have been announced two months ago and 60 more bands are still to be confirmed. The festival is set to take place on June 15th to 17th, 2012 in the area of Clisson, France. Tickets can be purchased at this location.

Source: hellfest.fr
Event: Hellfest Open Air 2012
Posted: 26.11.2011 by Promonex

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 32   Visited by: 297 users
26.11.2011 - 14:17
arj
Amon Amart!
26.11.2011 - 14:54
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Some pretty good stuff in there, as always. Impressive!
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
26.11.2011 - 15:27
Trëz
"Year of no light", people who do not know this band must listen! Amazing news!
26.11.2011 - 15:37
malaikat
Written by Trëz on 26.11.2011 at 15:27

"Year of no light", people who do not know this band must listen! Amazing news!

I agree 100%, I would like to see them live so much
26.11.2011 - 16:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
So far for me is good only

Lynyrd Skynyrd, , Amon Amarth, Cannibal Corpse

Acid King, Death Angel, Enslaved, Exodus, Girlschool, Lizzy Borden, PENTAGRAM , Sacred Reich, Saint Vitus, Suicidal Angels, Taake.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.11.2011 - 22:04
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I need to get to this festival somehow.
26.11.2011 - 22:15
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Goddammit they always have the most ridiculous line-up. In a good way. I mean I like that there are a ton of bands I don't like so I could just hop over to a different tent or stage and see a band that interests me more. Incredibly diverse festival.

Not that I go to live gigs or anything. But IF I DID.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
26.11.2011 - 22:25
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I know right? I think Hellfest is probably the closest a festival could come to being catered to my tastes, bar perhaps Roadburn.
26.11.2011 - 22:43
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
The only problem with Roadburn is there usually isn't many "bad" bands. So you're conflicted with what good band to not watch. :/
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
26.11.2011 - 22:47
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
True, and to be honest I think the tiny size and lack of people would bother me. The craziness of huge festivals makes for the bigger part of the experience.
26.11.2011 - 22:49
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
How many people attend Hellfest...like 50k? My heart would literally explode right from my chest. I can barely handle waiting at the bus stop with a handful of strangers. D:
----
27.11.2011 - 00:01
Rulatore
Lynyrd Skynyrd would be awesome attend this one
27.11.2011 - 00:32
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Written by Troy Killjoy on 26.11.2011 at 22:49

How many people attend Hellfest...like 50k? My heart would literally explode right from my chest. I can barely handle waiting at the bus stop with a handful of strangers. D:

more than 50k... during the whole week-end. That's about 25k a day, something like that. This year'll probably see around 30k a day.
----

I am awake"
27.11.2011 - 01:43
Qube
Doing the Hellfest alone... or the Graspop with friends... oh the dilemma
27.11.2011 - 01:49
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Qube on 27.11.2011 at 01:43
Doing the Hellfest alone... or the Graspop with friends... oh the dilemma

I'm assuming this is sarcastic. Obvs choose solofest.
----
27.11.2011 - 01:54
TrollandDie
Sacred Reich will be worth it as will Death Angel, Machine Head and Origin.
----
Hello, my name is Mr......Snrub and I think it would be a capital idea to invest the money back in the nuclear plant.
27.11.2011 - 02:47
Void Eater
Account deleted
Slowly but surely, this festival will go the way of the core. Emmure? Really?
27.11.2011 - 03:29
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Guest on 27.11.2011 at 02:47
Slowly but surely, this festival will go the way of the core. Emmure? Really?

Deathcore won't be around long enough to take over a massive festival like this. If it is, there still won't be enough talented bands to warrant a place here. The fact Emmure are here is a fluke, based only on a blind label's shameless pimping tactics.
----
27.11.2011 - 09:24
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
LYNYRD SKYNYRD ISN'T A BAND ANYMORE.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
27.11.2011 - 14:22
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Hellfest always had deathcore bands on the bill, and while they almost never played on any mainstages, thay did attract quite a few people... So yeah, there's logically still deathcore on the bill.
----

I am awake"
27.11.2011 - 18:27
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Well, that's an epic line-up to be honest. I can only hope that, seeing as it's physically impossible for me to attend this, that the guys at Sweden Rock are taking note and trying to out-lineup Hellfest. Though with so many great bands it's quite hard to give them all deservingly long sets.
28.11.2011 - 09:10
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Anyone who notices that bill for Emmure and not reunited Black Sabbath is clearly just looking to troll.

glad to see Glorior Belli on there, as with Enslaved and a few others.

i think HF broke me a couple years ago with Godflesh and Ulver. it's all pretty much a "let down" now after that.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
28.11.2011 - 19:41
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by BitterCOld on 28.11.2011 at 09:10
Anyone who notices that bill for Emmure and not reunited Black Sabbath is clearly just looking to troll.

I would agree except for the fact that the Sabbath talk has been going on since the 11th. It's already old news.

And a lot of people trolled the news thread too.
----
04.02.2012 - 13:01
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Guest on 26.11.2011 at 22:47

True, and to be honest I think the tiny size and lack of people would bother me. The craziness of huge festivals makes for the bigger part of the experience.

Roadburn was awesome, actually.... it was very packed in 3 out of the 4 scenes I was... The only one that never was really packed was the biggest one. The thing is that I never saw anything like a mosh pit at all and while I do enjoy that since I'm not into that kind of thing... I do understand if some people get less enthusiatic about it.

But still... you should totally go there at least once so we can have top hats, drink tee and talk shit about Marcel and his death metal while using the word "bloody" a lot.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
04.02.2012 - 13:43
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by X-Ray Rod on 04.02.2012 at 13:01
talk shit about Marcel and his death metal

wat

I think you mean doom metal, unless you're referring to Krypts and all the other old school revivalist death metal bands he periodically mentions.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
04.02.2012 - 13:54
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by vezzy on 04.02.2012 at 13:43

wat

I think you mean doom metal, unless you're referring to Krypts and all the other old school revivalist death metal bands he periodically mentions.

that's what he's referring to JOOE just doesn't appreciate good death metal, simple as that
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.02.2012 - 14:00
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff

I think you mean doom metal.

Ehmmm no. I happen to agree a lot with Marcel when it comes to doom. I do enjoy a lot of revivalist death metal bands though but he called Ulcerate incompetent and that's just wrong
----
Rod, let me love you.
04.02.2012 - 14:16
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by X-Ray Rod on 04.02.2012 at 14:00

I think you mean doom metal.

Ehmmm no. I happen to agree a lot with Marcel when it comes to doom. I do enjoy a lot of revivalist death metal bands though but he called Ulcerate incompetent and that's just wrong

Ulcerate used to be very competent at brutal death metal but totally fail nowadays when they try to add in some atmosphere
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.02.2012 - 14:17
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.02.2012 at 14:16
Ulcerate used to be very competent at brutal death metal but totally fail nowadays when they try to add in some atmosphere

Bullshit. You just can't appreciate atmosphere and unless it's hidden in old school production. I'll just drop the subject because I want my place in your house in april
----
Rod, let me love you.
04.02.2012 - 14:19
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by X-Ray Rod on 04.02.2012 at 14:17

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.02.2012 at 14:16

Bullshit. You just can't appreciate atmosphere and unless it's hidden in old school production. I'll just drop the subject because I want my place in your house in april

the production the best part of Ulcerate nowadays and that is telling. They have as much atmosphere as Swallow The Sun
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 6840 | This month: 12