Metal Storm logo
Eïs - Part Ways With Vocalist And Both Guitarists

German black metal band Eïs (AKA The Artists Formerly Known As Geïst) have parted ways with 3/5 of their lineup, namely vocalist Cypher D. Rex and guitarists Hedrykk F. Gausenatt and Zyan.

Comments band mastermind Alboîn Goldmund:

"It doesn't feel good, but I've to say that vocalist Cypher D. Rex and guitarists Hedrykk F. Gausenatt and Zyan are not part of the band anymore.
Let me explain - but before that I wish to thank all three guys for many years full of blood, sweat and tears and for everything we created together. I'm full of pride.

There are moments you just feel that something has to change. For me, such a moment had come. I felt more and more of a stomach ache with the direction the band took within the last one and a half year. The album being in progress during the last months - mainly with inputs by Cypher and Hedrykk - didn't feel like an Eïs album for me, even if that is a very subjective interpretation of course. It came clearer and clearer to my mind how important this band and everything it stands for is to me, and that I neither could nor wanted to live with any musical compromise in Eïs.

For such reasons, Marlek and me will continue Eïs as a duo, and in a more resolute way than ever. We're planning to record our fourth album in Spring, and this will take us back to our own musical roots. Of course you'll witness us on stage again as well, together with some session musicians.
This is no comfortable path at all, but it's very uncaging, because it's our path. Or, said with Aínvars words from "Wanderer bei Fels und Fjord": Wir leben fort - wo sind eure Spuren? (We live on - where are your marks?)"

Source: the-eis-reich.de
Band profile: Eïs
Posted: 26.11.2011 by Promonex

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 32 users
26.11.2011 - 21:53
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Lame. Hopefully they can make it work as a two-piece.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."

Hits total: 2086 | This month: 3