Metal Storm logo
Brain Drill

12.10.2006 - 19:10
Nokkkkkkkkkkkkk
Account deleted
Brain Drill are a Californian power trio playing seizure-inducing death/grind, with Marco Pitruzella (of Vital Remains and Vile fame) on drums. They have on album out from this year entitled "The Parasites".

They warrant no further explanation. I wouldn't want to spoil it for you.

www.myspace.com/braindrill
08.01.2007 - 04:54
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
fuck this band is awesome. I've already ordered 4 cd's today....but I'm going to buy this shit immediately.

Edit: Looks like they only have a 6 song EP...oh well...I still bought that shit.
08.01.2007 - 05:13
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Sounds very similar to Beneath the Massacre. Actually, eveything sounds the same, from vocals, to guitar playing, to drum production. No use of breakdowns though. Not very original but well executed.
----
The force will be with you, always.
08.01.2007 - 09:54
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Fuck, this is brutal, loving it!! Only checked the stuff out from their myspce (thanks for adding it ) and going to check out more of this.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
15.01.2007 - 08:46
drum fiend
Account deleted
one of my friends was getting rid of some albums and cds and a lot of his music. so i went over there and he had the brain drill demo it is so awesome has song like consumed by the dead, the parasites, swine slaughter, and forced fed human shit
20.01.2007 - 01:23
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I just found out that Marco Pitruzzella is the drummer for this band, who used to play in Vital Remains and currently plays in his Vornagar side project. When I first heard this band, the first thing I noticed was how good the drums were, and now that I know who's playing, it explains a lot.

The Brain Drill cd I ordered still hasn't come in the mail yet. Fuckin' Amazon...
20.01.2007 - 05:12
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Dangerboner on 20.01.2007 at 01:23

I just found out that Marco Pitruzzella is the drummer for this band, who used to play in Vital Remains and currently plays in his Vornagar side project. When I first heard this band, the first thing I noticed was how good the drums were, and now that I know who's playing, it explains a lot.

The Brain Drill cd I ordered still hasn't come in the mail yet. Fuckin' Amazon...

Which albums did Marco drum for Vital Remains? Sorry off topic but just interested...
----

Hellcunt Smurf
20.01.2007 - 06:17
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
He's not on any of their albums- he just played live for them in 2005. You can watch a really cool up close video of him playing at a Vital Remains gig here. You can easily see the gravity blasts as well.
20.01.2007 - 19:47
Sepulchral Oath
Account deleted
Marco Pitruzzella is a fucking drum god, but i cant really go into this band for some reason.
21.01.2007 - 06:17
Samuel
Hamster wheel
I was talking Marco up a long time ago and nobody was listening

look in favorite death metal drummers

I linked his bands but I think its funny you guys like just found out.

and this band is from oregon they all moved out of San Jose to go to Shady Cove Oregon...

I saw them play with Decrepit Birth it was a fucking sick show

and marco is a really nice guy and has like instructional videos on how to do stuff
04.04.2008 - 03:05
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
These guys are fucking brutal, this music is the future of death metal IMO, awesome sickening guitar riffs, drums blasting faster than an AK-47, vocals with sheer fucking agressiveness, just realy crazy stuff. Got their debut album today, Apocalyptic Feasting, im drinking coffee now after the first listen, sucks your energy out Hope these guys get back together after the incident, i9f you check ojn their myspace the line-up proves that the vocalist is back once more, these guys really have to go on and keep making killer music.
Cheers
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
04.04.2008 - 09:52
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
I tryed once , wasnt impressed. and they broke up in hilarious way
06.04.2008 - 19:51
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by Hembrom on 04.04.2008 at 09:52

I tryed once , wasnt impressed. and they broke up in hilarious way

Well it isn't easily digestible death metal that's for sure. I think that these guys have it laid down pretty well though, they have their technical over the top passages, which is always awesome, and they have other parts where they play really heavy makes you want to headbang.

It's hilarious how they broke up, but it's also a big letdown, hope they reunite.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
08.04.2008 - 16:36
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
^ not a HUGE BDM fan you see. I am mostly into mainstream BDM like Immolation Krisiun and Defeated Sanity. and lol @ future of DM , i dont want to sound future dm like that. Just my opinion.
Future DM should be something like Deathevokation or Cephalic Carnage .... just my thought.
14.04.2008 - 00:37
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I don't know why it took me so long to get the album, since I've had the EP for so long, but I finally picked it up today and I think it's pretty cool. It makes me want to run in circles without pants.

Sadistic Abductive and the title track are fucking crazy...
28.07.2008 - 01:25
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Every time Sadistic Abductive plays I have to stop what I'm doing and focus all of my attention to the guitars. It's one of the most unbelievable songs I've heard in a long time.
30.07.2008 - 21:31
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Brain Drill is really an appropriate name for their sound . These guys really shred though, i wonder if they'll find a drummer soon.
----
26.03.2010 - 10:21
JohnWayneGacy666

Brain drill is really fuking awesome technical death metal is best
26.03.2010 - 10:21
JohnWayneGacy666

Brain drill is really fuking awesome technical death metal is best
30.03.2010 - 15:05
SerratedSyringe

Braindrill is one of the few bands that I really have to be in the right mood to enjoy. They are a bit more technical than what I normally like (the word wankery comes to mind) but when I'm really hyper they are enjoyable. Sadistic Abductive is indeed a brilliant song.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
30.03.2010 - 17:03
I_Die_Often

Listened to their myspace stuff some time ago, added them to my wishlist then so I don't forget to pick up something of theirs!
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
16.07.2010 - 20:20
Khaldi

Quantum catastrophe currently my favorite brutal technical death album ....
----
Urartu is a NeoHittite and ProtoArmenian kingdom !!
16.07.2010 - 20:22
Got Mayhem?

Quite possibly the most forgettable and wank filled bands of all time.
----
17.07.2010 - 19:07
Khaldi

Wow !! i like this video ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEywYigygnk
----
Urartu is a NeoHittite and ProtoArmenian kingdom !!
19.07.2010 - 07:13
ß
Problem?
Written by Got Mayhem? on 16.07.2010 at 20:22

I'm not so sure about that, Viraemia would definitely give Brain Drill a run for their money
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
19.07.2010 - 15:22
vezzy
Stallmanite

Correction, my good man. That honor belongs to Sadistik Exekution.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
19.07.2010 - 17:06
Got Mayhem?

Written by vezzy on 19.07.2010 at 15:22

Sadistik? Wank filled?

&
@Brendan - Oh I dunno haha. These guys have a special place in the "WTF is this shit" section of my heart
----
21.07.2010 - 07:49
SerratedSyringe

Written by vezzy on 19.07.2010 at 15:22

Agree.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....