Metal Storm logo
Morbid Angel - To Release Remix Album

On February 24, 2012 (February 28 in North America), Season Of Mist will release a compilation of remixed tracks from Morbid Angel's latest album, Illud Divinum Insanus. Far from being just revamped versions of the seminal extreme metal band's newest songs, this collection will present the work of 39 artists from the electro/industrial, techno and club scene.

Illud Divinum Insanus (The Remixes) tracklist:

Disc I
01. Laibach - I Am Morbid [Wall Of Morbid Mix]
02. Cevin Key/Hiwatt Marchall - OmniDead
03. Brain Leisure - Too Extreme [Black Symphony Edition]
04. The Toxic Avenger - 10 More Dead
05. Malakwa - I Am Morbid
06. Synapscape - Too Extreme
07. Punish Yourself Vs. Sonic Area - Destructos Vs. The Earth [DoomsdayMarchMix]
08. Hiv+ - Too Extreme
09. Micropoint - I Am Morbid
10. John Lord Fonda - Too Extreme [Metallizer Remix]
11. Evil Activities - Radikult
12. Mixhell - Too Extreme
13. Black Lung - I Am Morbid
14. Mondkopf - Radikult
15. Xytras - Existo Vulgoré
16. Toxic Engine - I Am Morbid

Disc II
01. Ahnst Anders - I Am Morbid
02. Nachtmahr - Destructos Vs. The Earth
03. Tim Skold - Profundis/Mea Culpa
04. Black Strobe - 10 More Dead
05. Chris Pohl - Too Extreme
06. Project Pitchfork - Destructos Vs. The Earth
07. Treponem Pal - 10 More Dead
08. Scott Brown - I Am Morbid
09. Fixhead - Radikult
10. DJ Ruffneck - I Am Morbid
11. Igorrr - Remixou Morbidou
12. Tamtrum - I Am Morbid
13. Tek-One - 10 More Dead
14. Adrian - I Am Morbid
15. The Horrorist - Existo Vulgoré

Digital download card [bonus]
01. Combichrist - Destructos vs. The Earth
02. Chrysalide - Nevermore
03. Asche - Destructos vs. The Earth
04. Sylvgheist Maelstrom - 10 More Dead [Deconstructed]
05. Dead Sexy Inc. - I Am Morbid
06. Roger Rotor - Radikult
07. The Processus - I Am Morbid
08. Mulk - Existo Vulgoré

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Morbid Angel
Posted: 28.11.2011 by Account deleted

Comments page 2 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 74   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 190 users
28.11.2011 - 23:21
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.11.2011 at 23:16

Btw, you got any idea what the woord "gabber" means?
It's a Dutch word hence I will keep on using the correct Dutch spelling of it

Supposedly it's derived from the Yiddish word for "friend". Dunno why, maybe because most people that listen to Gabber like taking ecstasy and when you're on ecstasy you feel like everyone's your friend ;]
28.11.2011 - 23:24
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 28.11.2011 at 23:21

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.11.2011 at 23:16

Btw, you got any idea what the woord "gabber" means?
It's a Dutch word hence I will keep on using the correct Dutch spelling of it

Supposedly it's derived from the Yiddish word for "friend". Dunno why, maybe because most people that listen to Gabber like taking ecstasy and when you're on ecstasy you feel like everyone's your friend ;]

yeah it is derived from the Yidish word for friend but translates best into "mate". And from the first day it popped up I have been wodering why it was used.
XTC? wow, here most people that like Gabber do speed that sort of thing.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

28.11.2011 - 23:31
Veil of Maya
Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.11.2011 at 22:22

Written by Veil of Maya on 28.11.2011 at 22:15
No Skrillex? MA i'm dissapoint

Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.11.2011 at 22:03
Too bad Skrillex isn't involved with this.

Beat you by 12 minutes.

Mother of god
28.11.2011 - 23:31
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Veil of Maya on 28.11.2011 at 23:31
Mother of god

Great minds think alike.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
29.11.2011 - 00:12
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
I'm seriously wanting to hear that, actually. I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy quite a few tracks on that one. And "Remixou Morbidou" ROFL
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
29.11.2011 - 00:41
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Whow, I didn't know The Horrorist was still around! Also looking forward to Nachtmahr, Skold and Project Pitchfork. Not having too high hopes though. The Combichrist remix of Destructhos was quite a letdown already.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
29.11.2011 - 00:45
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.11.2011 at 23:24

yeah it is derived from the Yidish word for friend but translates best into "mate". And from the first day it popped up I have been wodering why it was used.

Both are clubbing drugs. The groups I used to hang with would always choose ecstasy for clubbing though because of its euphoria effects. Given that speed is cheaper and longer lasting I would imagine it's the choice of some people but I've never met anyone that would choose it over mdma or pills.
29.11.2011 - 01:04
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 29.11.2011 at 00:45

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.11.2011 at 23:24

Both are clubbing drugs. The groups I used to hang with would always choose ecstasy for clubbing though because of its euphoria effects. Given that speed is cheaper and longer lasting I would imagine it's the choice of some people but I've never met anyone that would choose it over mdma or pills.

Well gabber isn't a clubbing music here in The Netherlands it's more for all night rave parties like Terrordome and such
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.11.2011 - 01:07
GutturalNinja
Doesn't really surprise me, who cares at this point?
29.11.2011 - 01:12
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.11.2011 at 01:04

Well gabber isn't a clubbing music here in The Netherlands it's more for all night rave parties like Terrordome and such

Same difference though, a bunch of high people dancing to fast, beat driven music. Infact ecstasy would be even more appropriate at a rave given the higher level of interaction with people. I bet if you offered them all a choice between mdma and speed the majority would choose the former. Speed is a dirty drug with a nasty come down.
29.11.2011 - 01:35
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Guest on 29.11.2011 at 01:12
Speed is a dirty drug with a nasty come down.
Just look at Lemmy!
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
29.11.2011 - 01:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Syk on 29.11.2011 at 01:35

Written by Guest on 29.11.2011 at 01:12
Speed is a dirty drug with a nasty come down.
Just look at Lemmy!

He mostly does coke, not too much speed I think
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.11.2011 - 02:47
Angelic Storm
Melodious
What's all this about Illud... being an industrial/techno album? Less than half of the songs on the album fall into that category. Just because it's those songs that have grabbed all the (negative) attention, doesn't mean that the album as a whole is industrial. Geez, some people...
29.11.2011 - 02:57
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Angelic Storm on 29.11.2011 at 02:47

What's all this about Illud... being an industrial/techno album? Less than half of the songs on the album fall into that category. Just because it's those songs that have grabbed all the (negative) attention, doesn't mean that the album as a whole is industrial. Geez, some people...

no the rest of the album isn't that at all but is just mediocre death metal at best and unworthy of Morbid Angel. Heretic kills every single song off Illud.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.11.2011 - 03:05
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
LAIBACH ROUND 2!

Also, how many times does "I am Morbid" need to be remixed?! And that cover looks like the Blut Aus Nord cover for The Desantification. Sorta.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
29.11.2011 - 03:20
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.11.2011 at 02:57
no the rest of the album isn't that at all but is just mediocre death metal at best and unworthy of Morbid Angel. Heretic kills every single song off Illud.

I would disagree with that totally, although I don't like the production. I still think Heretic is overall, the worst MA album, but FFTTF and Gateways To Annihilation were great albums with Steve Tucker on vocals.
29.11.2011 - 03:24
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Angelic Storm on 29.11.2011 at 03:20

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.11.2011 at 02:57

I would disagree with that totally, although I don't like the production. I still think Heretic is overall, the worst MA album, but FFTTF and Gateways To Annihilation were great albums with Steve Tucker on vocals.

Heretic is superior in every single way to this monstrosity called Illud. And then I am already ignoring the even worse techno/electronic/industrial tracks.
And tbh Steve Tucker pisses all over David Vincent. No matter what song he performs with MA
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.11.2011 - 03:30
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.11.2011 at 03:24
And tbh Steve Tucker pisses all over David Vincent. No matter what song he performs with MA

Seeing as my fave MA albums are with David Vincent on vocals, I can't agree with that. I still enjoyed a lot of the stuff Steve did with MA though.
29.11.2011 - 03:33
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Angelic Storm on 29.11.2011 at 03:30

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.11.2011 at 03:24

Seeing as my fave MA albums are with David Vincent on vocals, I can't agree with that. I still enjoyed a lot of the stuff Steve did with MA though.

Sorry but the fact Steve Tucker is superior to David Vincent does not mean that the albums he is on are superior to Altars Of Madness and Blessed Are The Sick. David Vincent was already the weak link there. Had Steve Tucker been in the band at the time those albums would have been even better.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.11.2011 - 03:53
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by LeChron James on 29.11.2011 at 03:05
And that cover looks like the Blut Aus Nord cover for The Desantification. Sorta.

I thought it looked more like Behemoth's Evangelion.

----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
29.11.2011 - 04:53
bloodface
Two things:

1. the album cover is fantastic. 10/10
3. i love that they are doubling down on the last album and tweaking the nipples of all the fan that really know morbid angel and what they are all about.
29.11.2011 - 06:16
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Wait....are now they're coming up with old MA stuff??? ---Is that covering-rage-of the fans-up-??!!

Lot of questions!
29.11.2011 - 06:43
Moosh666
Fuck you Morbid Angel, just fuck you. "Oh look, Korn got heaps of money and popularity from doing a song with Shrillex, let's re-release our album but with mixes done by some fucking techno fags", pieces of shit.
29.11.2011 - 06:47
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Troy Killjoy on 29.11.2011 at 03:53

I thought it looked more like Behemoth's Evangelion.

Yeah, that one is way more similar than the Blut Aus Nord one. And is probably gonna be an infinitely better album than this one hahaha.

Also, if they wanted to make this interesting, they'd give Agoraphobic Nosebleed and the other groups that contributed to the PCP Torpedo remix album a go at making these songs better. I think a half way decent album could be salvage with a little bit of Nosebleed touch to it hahahaha.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
29.11.2011 - 07:00
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Moosh666 on 29.11.2011 at 06:43
Fuck you Morbid Angel, just fuck you. "Oh look, Korn got heaps of money and popularity from doing a song with Shrillex, let's re-release our album but with mixes done by some fucking techno fags", pieces of shit.

Those "techno fags" are a lot better at what they do than Morbid Angel are at trying to copy their style.
----
29.11.2011 - 09:54
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by X-Ray Rod on 28.11.2011 at 21:50

I would gladly make a bet that this will be in fact better than the album they released... Because this electronic artists actually know what the fuck they do with electronic stuff... Unlike this guys.

I didn't think about that. You do have a point.
----
29.11.2011 - 16:00
Kingface
Gotta be 10/10 for MA for trolling.
29.11.2011 - 16:31
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.11.2011 at 03:33
Sorry but the fact Steve Tucker is superior to David Vincent does not mean that the albums he is on are superior to Altars Of Madness and Blessed Are The Sick. David Vincent was already the weak link there. Had Steve Tucker been in the band at the time those albums would have been even better.

I think it's easy to be blinded in this case, due to David Vincent being a bit of an idiot. But his vocals on those 2 albums were great I thought. Both of those albums are awesome, and I don't think the vocals bring them down at all. I do think had Steve Tucker remained in the band though, they likely wouldn't have experimented with techno/industrial, as I suspect David was the driving force in those influences being implemented...
29.11.2011 - 19:15
dougver1
This is gonna be downright hilarious to listen to......... Metallica and Lou Reed should do a remix album of Lulu!
29.11.2011 - 20:29
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by dougver1 on 29.11.2011 at 19:15
Metallica and Lou Reed should do a remix album of Lulu!

For the sake of mankind you'd better hope they didn't fucking read that.
----

Hits total: 4888 | This month: 18