Metal Storm logo
Drowning Pool - Part Ways With Singer

US alternative metallers Drowning Pool announced today that they will be parting ways with their current singer, Ryan McCombs. The hard working Texas band, who has worked with 3 singers in their 10 year career, issued the following statement: "We have always been a band who has gained success despite having multiple singers... maybe we suffer from reverse 'lead singer's disease," said C.J. Pierce.

"Changing things up has not always been easy, but the band has become re-energized time and time again. We are looking to find a new singer who will give both us and, and most importantly our fans, the new adrenaline shot they deserve. We do wish Ryan great success in his future endeavors."

"McCombs, who had been part of the band since 2006, replaced singer Jason Jones, who joined Drowning Pool following the tragic passing of Dave Williams. Drowning Pool is currently looking to find a suitable replacement for McCombs. In the meantime, they have already begun writing their 5th studio album in their hometown of Dallas."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Drowning Pool
Posted: 29.11.2011 by warensemble

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 81 users
29.11.2011 - 16:06
Absak

Does anyone on this site actually care? Rofl.
29.11.2011 - 16:15
MetalFreak

No more Soiling Pool!? Oh no! Or was it Drowning Soil... meh whatever.
29.11.2011 - 17:13
Cyroth

^ I don't know why some feel the need to be high and mighty regarding a band...alas, Ryan McCombs was pretty good
----
29.11.2011 - 18:10
Lit.
Account deleted
^ All aboard the bandwagon.
29.11.2011 - 19:11
Permafrost

Written by Absak on 29.11.2011 at 16:06

Yeah, actually I do. I liked SOiL with McCombs and I like the Drowning Pool albums with him as a singer as well. So I hope he's joining SOiL again.
29.11.2011 - 19:51
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Too bad, he's actually not too shabby a vocalist.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
29.11.2011 - 19:54
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by MetalFreak on 29.11.2011 at 16:15

No more Soiling Pool!? Oh no! Or was it Drowning Soil... meh whatever.

So... Korn, Disturbed, Trivium and Killswitch Engage are awesome, but Drowning Pool suck?

MY MIND CAN'T STAND THE FUCK
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
29.11.2011 - 19:58
JD
Account deleted
Written by Permafrost on 29.11.2011 at 19:11

Written by Absak on 29.11.2011 at 16:06

Yeah, actually I do. I liked SOiL with McCombs and I like the Drowning Pool albums with him as a singer as well. So I hope he's joining SOiL again.

Well said.
30.11.2011 - 15:09
doyle777

I like the thing that Drowning Pool parted their way with Ryan, I expected that when they planned on working on their forth album. The thing is that the Full Circle was a great hard rock album, but with the self-titled one... that was just a step down.
----

Hits total: 2477 | This month: 2