06. Quest For The Cube
07. Brother Fear
08. Skid Marks The Spot
09. Crushing Defeat
10. Ghost Jam

Staff review by
Doc G.
Rating:
So, remember a few years ago when Barn Burner released their debut album Bangers? Of course you don't, because aside from a bit of publicity across North America, a select few picking up on it, it was a release that went relatively unnoticed. Sure, it was a pretty good album, and yes, it was a shame it didn't hit the peaks it could have, but no, it's not one of those "crime against humanity" type misses. Why? Well, as thoroughly catchy as it was, Bangers suffered from some bizarre production that resulted in them sounding a lot thinner & quieter than they actually are, as if whoever was behind the mixing boards thought they were a pop-punk band or something.

Read more ››
published 18.06.2011 | Comments (4)

Guest review by
Boxcar Willy
Rating:
Barn Burner is a stoner metal/rock band that hails from Montréal. They have released two killer albums, both entitled Bangers (to a certain extent). The title is suitable, as this album hammers out banger after banger.

Imagine, you're skateboarding in the ghetto of a large town; you reach the park and get stoned with your buddies in one of their Volkswagen vans. You then go on a crazy adventure across the country, involving close calls with the police and extra-terrestrial riffing aliens, but then waking up only to find out you're still just stoned in the skatepark.

Read more ››
published 05.02.2012 | Comments (0)

Found in 4 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 38 users
30.11.2011 - 02:59
Mattybu

Pretty sweet album. Nice work from a relatively new band.
23.03.2014 - 06:03
Rating: 9
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
This has been in my truck since the day I've owned it. It has endless replay value with only one sour track (Brother Fear). I urge everyone to listen I this or at least check out the title tracks video on youtube. I'd link but I'm on my phone.

Jam it nao!
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
26.01.2015 - 08:49
Dr. Strawberry

Interesting, Doc Godin vs Boxcar Willy, who has a better taste ?
I haven't listened to this album yet but my first imppression says Doc Godin is more reliable.
07.07.2022 - 16:09
Rating: 9
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
This is a really great stoner rock album. Great riffs and song writing. I find for this style of music it's really hard to find an album that has consistency. Almost all of the tracks showcased are great. "Keg Stand And Deliver" is a standout, however.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS

Hits total: 5165 | This month: 17