Metal Storm logo
Wacken Open Air 2012 - Sold Out

Looking to attend Wacken 2012? "No soup for you! One year!"

That's right, Wacken 2012 is sold out for the seventh time in a row. All 75,000 tickets. Sort of. There are still two ways you can make the trip.

"For those who haven't bought a ticket yet there are two options: Our official tour operators still have remaining contingents but of course only in combination with the travel. If you are interested please contact the particular contact person in our bus tours worldwide section.

Furthermore you have the chance to offer or buy a ticket at our ticket exchange. (This is the part where they tell you to follow the rules strictly, else face potential betrayal.)

The ticket exchange works as follows:
1. The agreement regarding buying or selling is made by you (we only check the price which can't be higher than the original pre-sales price).
2. If you made an agreement it's important that there is no payment to be made yet.
3. The seller sends us the tickets and we check if they are valid.
4. When the check-up is made the buyer gets a note from us that www.metaltix.com received the tickets and they are valid. We then let you know that you can transfer the money to the seller's bank account.
5. When the seller receives the money they let us know. Then we send out the tickets."

And of course, here is the dramatis personæ thus far:
Amon Amarth, Axel Rudi Pell, Broilers, Circle II Circle (feat. Chris Caffery, performing Savatage's The Wake Of Magellan), Coroner, Cradle Of Filth, Danko Jones (a spoken word special), Dark Funeral, Dimmu Borgir (orchestral performance), Endstille, Forbidden, Gamma Ray, HammerFall (special anniversary show), Henry Rollins (another spoken word special), In Extremo, In Flames, Machine Head, Ministry, Moonspell (an orchestral acoustic special), Napalm Death, Opeth, Paradise Lost, Saturnian, Scorpions, Sick Of It All, Six Feet Under, Suicide Silence, U.D.O. (special anniversary show), Volbeat, Watain, Winterfylleth

Source: wacken.com
Event: Wacken Open Air 2012
Posted: 01.12.2011 by Troy Killjoy

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 183 users
01.12.2011 - 05:37
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
What's with all the specialty shows? Danko Jones and Henry Rollins with the spoken word, Moonspell with an orchestral acoustic show...
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
01.12.2011 - 05:54
WorpeX
Made of Metal
"Circle II Circle (feat. Chris Caffery, performing Savatage's The Wake Of Magellan)"

OMG. SOMEONE PLEASE PUT THIS ON YOUTUBE!!!!!!!!
01.12.2011 - 09:46
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Troy Killjoy on 01.12.2011 at 05:37

What's with all the specialty shows? Danko Jones and Henry Rollins with the spoken word, Moonspell with an orchestral acoustic show...

it's a festival, they have to bring something novel from other fests.

that being said, I agree with Marcel this year: any other fest with those bands wouldn't have sold out in 3 months. i have no idea how they could sell so many tickets with so little bands.
01.12.2011 - 10:04
Jack---

With bands like Amon Amarth, Gamma Ray, Hammerfall, In Flames, Napalm Death, SCORPIONS, Six Feet Under and U.D.O
It's more than enough for me to attend to Wacken next year! i'm glad I got a ticket in time
----
Everything was perfect. Then came the 90's..
01.12.2011 - 10:13
Milena
gloom cookie
The band tag is missing on Hammerfall.
----
7.0 means the album is good
01.12.2011 - 17:22
Overlord_PT

Many people go to wacken just because of the atmosphere
02.12.2011 - 15:07
kaoskrew

Another year I won't be going...too busy and too many people.
----
John
Kaos Krew Promotions
"Metal Music Facilitators"
Sponsors of Black Winter Day http://www.blackwinterday.co.uk
05.12.2011 - 14:09
Elodie Artour
Slania
Written by Valentin B on 01.12.2011 at 09:46

Written by Troy Killjoy on 01.12.2011 at 05:37

it's a festival, they have to bring something novel from other fests.

that being said, I agree with Marcel this year: any other fest with those bands wouldn't have sold out in 3 months. i have no idea how they could sell so many tickets with so little bands.

It's just the name, Vali - brand marketing basically.

Otherwise, I'm pretty surprised myself too.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
06.12.2011 - 07:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Elodie Artour on 05.12.2011 at 14:09

It's just the name, Vali - brand marketing basically.

Yep comparable to Starbuck's. Inferior quality yet due to marketing it sells like hot cakes.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 5297 | This month: 3