06. Chapter VI
07. Chapter VII
08. Chapter VIII

Additional info
M.o.R.T. = French word for Death

Guest review by
!J.O.O.E.!
Rating:
If there was ever a more polarising album I've yet to hear it. There's no "it's not bad" or "it's pretty good," only abject disdain and unparalleled adoration. I may be overstating it somewhat but the case with Blut Aus Nord's most experimental release to date is that it flies so flagrantly in the face of convention you either get it or you don't. Perhaps the biggest reason for this is because there really is no precedent with MoRT. Is it black metal? Is it industrial? It may be both. Then again it may be neither. But then that's part of its ambivalent beauty.

Read more ››
published 23.05.2010 | Comments (24)

Found in 10 lists
Top lists

Comments page 2 / 2

Comments: 42   Visited by: 311 users
08.11.2015 - 00:25
Rating: 10
mz

Written by Guest on 08.11.2015 at 00:16

The MorTi EP probably has the worst of the lot for me =P really harsh and ill fitting. Thematic and MoRT, Odinist, Liber II rule the roost in terms of sound.

Dunno really. I like the harsh edge of that EP. Partly maybe because it does not have high tempo, like what we have seen in Sect(s). I mean, it does not make me fill dizzy, nor it sounds too artificial.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
08.11.2015 - 00:28
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by mz on 08.11.2015 at 00:25

Dunno really. I like the harsh edge of that EP. Partly maybe because it does not have high tempo, like what we have seen in Sect(s). I mean, it does not make me fill dizzy, nor it sounds too artificial.

I guess I just like BaN when it sounds deep. For me harsh music often doesn't, because the fuzz gets in the way of the layers. Maybe I need a £500+ pair of headphones or something.
08.11.2015 - 00:41
mz

Written by Guest on 08.11.2015 at 00:28

Maybe I need a £500+ pair of headphones or something.

Maybe you just need some shitty earbuds, like the ones I use
----
08.11.2015 - 12:52
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by mz on 08.11.2015 at 00:41

Maybe you just need some shitty earbuds, like the ones I use

I've only just finally recovered from the tinnitus I got from listening to Manilla Road's 'Crystal Logic' too loudly on a new pair of canalphones, I don't want to enrage it again =P
29.11.2015 - 06:50
Rating: 9
Stereolab42

"And through this revolting graveyard of the universe the muffled, maddening beating of drums, and thin, monotonous whine of blasphemous flutes from inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond Time; the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods?the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep."

I have now found the soundtrack to HP Lovecraft's scariest stories.
06.06.2016 - 22:23
3rdWorld
China was a neat
I've heard a fair amount of BaN albums like the 777 trilogy, Liber III, MVIII and their last 2 eps. They were all decent but none of those made me go wanna go back and listen to it like this did. This is truly something special and their defining moment. I even prefer this way over TWWTG. Like Joe said this is the purest representation of BaN. This is not as noisy, dissonant or unstrucutred as I expected to be like say an Abruptum record but this is the signature industrial and black metal sound that they are most known for and at its most enjoyable. So yeah this spiked my interest in the band more than I ever thought I would have.
01.06.2017 - 01:06
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by Stereolab42 on 29.11.2015 at 06:50

"And through this revolting graveyard of the universe the muffled, maddening beating of drums, and thin, monotonous whine of blasphemous flutes from inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond Time; the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods�the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep."

I have now found the soundtrack to HP Lovecraft's scariest stories.

Yeah this is actually absolutely perfect.
----
07.05.2018 - 19:05
Metren
Dreadrealm
A truly special, 10/10 "wish I'd made this" album.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
06.09.2018 - 19:00
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Still probably Blut Aus Nord at their absolute most opaque and difficult to digest. Hell of a listening experience though
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
20.09.2019 - 18:03
mz

If this was released today, it would had been 10 years ahead of everything else. Nothing has came close to this since its release 13 years ago, even by BaN itself. An absolute masterpiece in every sense.
----
13.03.2021 - 01:30
Desha
delicious dish
I think it's now my favourite of theirs. It's just so incredibly unique and intriguing.
----
You are the hammer, I am the nail
building a house in the fire on the hill
14.12.2022 - 23:59
Rating: 7
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Such an uncomfortable yet rewarding listen, it truly is the soundtrack to hell! I have to admit I much prefer this to TWWTG.

Hits total: 10383 | This month: 16