8.1 | 14 votes |
Release date: 2 December 2011
Style: Shoegaze , Atmospheric black metal

Owners:

15 have it
10 want it

01. Autre Temps

Additional info
Available as limited 7" and digital download.

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 40 users
02.12.2011 - 02:37
Kenos
Account deleted
As I expected.

This song is just Alcest lazily doing Alcest. That wouldn't be a bad thing for those who love Neige's music; and strangely enough I'm one of them.

Obviously I won't give any opinion since this is just a single and will be probably the least interesting song of the album. Still, I perfectly know what the whole record will sound like; and you know it too. I'm under the sneaking impression that our dear french guy is running out of inspiration.

"Le Secret" was something really original and refreshing; "Souvenirs", the great debut, expanded the band's horizons; "Écailles", my favourite one, although it started to lack originality was the step towards maturity.
Now I feel the ideas are over, especially if we consider that Neige will still keep mumbling about fairyland, dreams, poetry, diaphane children, angelic beauty and so on... I mean, you're not really going to base an entire discography on this kind of stuff, are you? You have a great talent, your music is always a very pleasant listen; just try to evolve a little bit if you don't want to become tiresome in the long run.

Hopefully I'll be proven wrong, but I don't have high expectations at all.
02.12.2011 - 02:43
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 02.12.2011 at 02:37
I'm under the sneaking impression that our dear french guy is running out of inspiration... Hopefully I'll be proven wrong, but I don't have high expectations at all.

I think he's spread himself thin over the past two years. Although, like you, I'm a big fan and I'm going in hoping the full-length isn't a dud, but I won't be expecting anything special.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."

Hits total: 4551 | This month: 6