Metal Storm logo
Deathspell Omega

Original post

Posted by , 18.05.2006 - 11:39
A band truly leading the way in modern black metal with the godlike masterpiece that is 'Kenose', these have become a personal fave of mine.

Shrouded in mystery, they used to play a more typical (but very good) raw sounding black metal but 'Si Monvmentvm Reqvires, Circvmspice' saw the progression on to a more modern, intelligent form. They are perhaps most famous for their lyrical content which is concerned with satanism on a metaphysical level. You have to see and hear the lyrics for yourself to gauge why they're so phenominal.

Probably my fave black metal band really.
27.09.2014 - 20:50
Fearmeister
Account deleted
The first two albums get a lot of shit for not being the other ones but in reality, they are not too bad. This is especially evident if you compare the above two songs, which are exactly the same in songwriting terms. The only thing that changes are the vocalist and the production.
29.09.2014 - 14:32
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 27.09.2014 at 20:50

The first two albums get a lot of shit for not being the other ones but in reality, they are not too bad.

I really like the second album; the production is fantastic for that aggressive Darkclone aesthetic, but the first one is truly one of the worst sounding albums ever conceived.
29.09.2014 - 16:29
Alien1988

Written by Guest on 29.09.2014 at 14:32

I really like the second album; the production is fantastic for that aggressive Darkclone aesthetic, but the first one is truly one of the worst sounding albums ever conceived.

Those demo songs surely don't sound good but the first half of Infernal Battles is very good I think. Extinction of the Weak is still one of my favourites from DSO.
29.09.2014 - 19:18
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 29.09.2014 at 14:32

I don't think it sounds that bad. Just sounds like generic BM production to me, though it is a bit muffled. I like it more than Inquisition, mainly due to the songwriting.
11.10.2014 - 18:29
simojunas

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRzvSInDRo4&list=UUQkrg8d8WybScS0dxi_34NQ

New band from Lithuania, if you like DSO i think you will like it too.
20.10.2014 - 14:03
Persona

Written by simojunas on 11.10.2014 at 18:29

That was really sick!
20.10.2014 - 21:40
The Turbanator

Written by Persona on 20.10.2014 at 14:03

Written by simojunas on 11.10.2014 at 18:29

That was really sick!

Really good. Nothing on the internet about these guys
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!