Metal Storm logo
Rituals of the Oak

04.12.2011 - 02:03
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
So I'm listening to the 2011 split from Apostle Of Solitude/Rituals Of The Oak/The Flight Of Sleipnir. Three great doom bands but I have to say I'm really loving the 17+ minute track from Rituals of the Oak. It's slow, intense doom. Their singer is like a cross between Kari Rueslåtten and Diamanda Galas (of course sounding nothing like these two but evoking some of the same moods). I love this song and want to check out their debut album which came out in 2009. Any other fans here?

Here's the new song from the split:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2suetI78tU
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
04.12.2011 - 02:36
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Of those three bands the only one I hadn't heard of is ROTO. I'll probably check this out (or at least check out their discog) in the future. TFOS are awesome.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
04.12.2011 - 03:50
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
My God you're only now talking about them? This is one of the very few epic/classic doom bands with female vocals I LOVE/ADORE etc hahahaha Sabine is totally brilliant. She reminds me of a female version of Rob Lowe. Btw she is Palestinian and moved to Australia and is a friend of our own Abougrej. Met her two years ago at Roadburn and she's great as are the other band members. I think I am one of the few people around that have ALL the different vinyl versions of their debut and e.p. hahahaha
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.12.2011 - 13:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know Houyrs Of Judgment, exelent doom mastarpiece from Ausie, long song pasadges make it unique, I try hear new split(about what existemce I did not know till today).
Good doom
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.12.2011 - 16:04
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Quote:
My God you're only now talking about them?

Well I didn't see YOU opening a thread about them so I guess it's pot calling the kettle black, huh?

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.12.2011 at 03:50

Sabine is totally brilliant. She reminds me of a female version of Rob Lowe. Btw she is Palestinian and moved to Australia and is a friend of our own Abougrej. Met her two years ago at Roadburn and she's great as are the other band members.

You met her?

I think I am one of the few people around that have ALL the different vinyl versions of their debut and e.p. hahahaha

How do I become one of these people?????
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
04.12.2011 - 16:29
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Quote:
Written by Susan on 04.12.2011 at 16:04

Well I didn't see YOU opening a thread about them so I guess it's pot calling the kettle black, huh?

Sabine is totally brilliant. She reminds me of a female version of Rob Lowe. Btw she is Palestinian and moved to Australia and is a friend of our own Abougrej. Met her two years ago at Roadburn and she's great as are the other band members.

You met her?

I think I am one of the few people around that have ALL the different vinyl versions of their debut and e.p. hahahaha

Yeah I met Sabine. She's a great gal, as is her husband Shane Linfoot (also in the band). Not a great girl of course but a great guy hahahaha

You can become of those people by robbing my collection
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.02.2012 - 17:34
Abougrej
Elite
If you guys admire Sabine's vocals you must also check out Kimaera, she used to be their Vocalist as well:
http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/band.php?band_id=2397&bandname=Kimaera
----
Soul Cancer
10.02.2012 - 18:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Abougrej on 10.02.2012 at 17:34

If you guys admire Sabine's vocals you must also check out Kiamaera, she used to be their Vocalist as well:
http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/band.php?band_id=2397&bandname=Kimaera

1th post after 1000 years , wellcome beck dude
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.02.2012 - 14:19
Abougrej
Elite
Quote:
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.12.2011 at 16:29

Written by Susan on 04.12.2011 at 16:04

You met her?

Yeah I met Sabine. She's a great gal, as is her husband Shane Linfoot (also in the band). Not a great girl of course but a great guy hahahaha

You can become of those people by robbing my collection

What a small world! That's all i can say!
----
Soul Cancer
13.02.2012 - 14:21
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Abougrej on 13.02.2012 at 14:19

What a small world! That's all i can say!

You know Sabine a lot better than I do
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996