Metal Storm logo
You know you're a metalhead when...

Original post

Posted by The Alchemist, 13.10.2006 - 23:38
Well, lately I've been thinking about what does you make you a metalhead.
Listening to the music? going to concerts? dressing metal clothes? some attitude?

I don't know if I can consider myself a metalhead because I do listen to a lot of bands of different genres: Gothic, Folk, Power, Symphonic, Industrial, Atmospheric, Doom, Black, Progressive and Gothenburg. But, I don't dress metal clothes, I listen to many other kinds of music, I've never been in a metal concert... So, just being a metal expert makes you a metalhead?
What do you think?
28.05.2012 - 22:52
Fredd
Account deleted
You dont.
29.05.2012 - 22:25
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Stoned Crow on 29.05.2012 at 21:47
tl;dr

Try to keep it on-topic. If you want to share your life story, do so in the appropriate thread.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
30.05.2012 - 22:39
Guib
Thrash Talker
When... you listen to metal
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
30.05.2012 - 23:19
snake? snaaaake!
Account deleted
Written by Guib on 30.05.2012 at 22:39

Mind = Blown.
31.05.2012 - 20:11
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Guest on 30.05.2012 at 23:19

Written by Guib on 30.05.2012 at 22:39

Mind = Blown.

Well I believe it is pretty much the only way that people can know if you're a metalhead or not
Unless... you actually have a skull surgery where they put some metal plates and shit, I guess that would make you a metalhead too
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
01.06.2012 - 03:42
mojo

...you fall asleep at night with metal playing, and then finish the album over breakfast.
----
Yeah. No. Wait, what was the question?
01.06.2012 - 04:40
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
...you hear Jesus Saves and you're mind instantly imagines the Reign in Blood coverart
----
04.06.2012 - 14:38
Darkfiber

Written by mojo on 01.06.2012 at 03:42

...you fall asleep at night with metal playing, and then finish the album over breakfast.

I'm listening to metal in lieu of eating breakfast...
12.06.2012 - 17:39
Dugi

Written by Valentin B on 14.10.2006 at 15:20

you're a metalhead when you carve a pentagram on your (insert bodypart here)

I guess you meant to say satanist instead of metalhead. IMO, the pentagram is not a metal symbol and should not be considered as such. Sorry for quoting such an ancient post, but I had to say it.

As for the topic: You're a metalhead when you listen to metal and you are proud of it. The moment when you try to hide the fact that you listen to metal, you're not a true metalhead. It's nothing to be ashamed of.
12.06.2012 - 18:16
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Dugi on 12.06.2012 at 17:39
I guess you meant to say satanist instead of metalhead. IMO, the pentagram is not a metal symbol and should not be considered as such. Sorry for quoting such an ancient post, but I had to say it.

Your sarcasm detector needs some serious fine-tuning.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
12.06.2012 - 18:56
Dugi

Written by Troy Killjoy on 12.06.2012 at 18:16

Written by Dugi on 12.06.2012 at 17:39

Your sarcasm detector needs some serious fine-tuning.

Well, yeah, maybe
13.06.2012 - 08:05
AZA123

I think for me when I found out I was a true metalhead was when I really listened to my favourite solos (Panteras) and really listened to it and I just felt overwhelmed and was like wow I f*****g love this sound and ever since just listening to any metal be it solos, riffs you name it if its distorted I love it Also drumming aswell, metal drummers are in a league of their own, fast complex very technical just amazing, but theres is something about metal that even the biggest metal fans can not put there hands on, its just something hidden, its just f*****g heart melting
14.06.2012 - 02:16
Snake? Snaaaake!
Account deleted
Written by AZA123 on 13.06.2012 at 08:05

Stuff.

Annnnd breathe.
14.06.2012 - 06:52
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
I guess i am a metal head.....
Just because i cannot really relate to any other music genre. Metal has been there for me since i discovered it two years ago.

I guess if u can relate to the music, lyrics and one of those songs brings tears to your eyes your a true metal head.

It has happened to me a lot of times. And i also think metal is the genre of the REBELS. And believe me there are lots of REBELS i this world.
26.07.2013 - 11:16
Infernal Eternal

You know you are a metalhead when you eat spikes for breakfast. The big ones.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
13.04.2016 - 22:15
Enteroctopus

Written by Nosurper on 01.06.2012 at 04:40

...you hear Jesus Saves and you're mind instantly imagines the Reign in Blood coverart

This.

And when you pass the road sign for "Elysian Fields" and you make an illegal u-turn to go and take a picture with the sign. There is a distinct possibility you might be a metalhead.