‹‹ Back to the Extreme metal forum Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17]
Users visited: 234  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by !J.O.O.E.! on 18.05.2006 at 11:52
Further proof that France do own the world's finest black metal bands.

Spanning black metal and industrial/ambient, Vindsval has created an absolute monolithe in post bm. He began with the title 'Vlad' before changing the name after two demos and creating the much loved 'Ultima Thulee' which really put them on the map. As his career progressed he experimented with industrial and ambient and has carved the now highly stylised and distinctive Blut Aus Nord sound.

Page 17 of 17

V01d

22.08.2014 at 22:11
Listened to The Mystical Beast of Rebellion last night. I went out in the dead of night, with ugly overcast skies, and twisted, mangled trees on either side of the road I was traversing. Being a lover of minimalist black metal, this album really appealed to me. After the first track, composed of freezing cold tremelo melodies, the atmosphere took on a nightmarish vibe, which greatly unnerved me as I was hypnotized by the repetitive drumming. This album really took me to a different place, and I greatly enjoyed it, though I can completely understand why this wouldn't be everyone's thing. I think having the right kind of listening atmosphere can (may) be essential to the individual experience someone has with the music in question. This album would have done absolutely nothing for me had I been listening to it on youtube in my brightly lit living room, though one may also argue that the music itself should suffice as to draw you into its own atmosphere, if it's well written enough.

In any case, going to listen to TWWTG for the first time tonight. I am not expecting a reprisal of the style on MBoR, going in with an open mind and no expectations. Can't wait.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17]

Login or register to post here.