Metal Storm logo
Blut Aus Nord

18.05.2006 - 11:52
/ELVET (O)
Account deleted
Further proof that France do own the world's finest black metal bands.

Spanning black metal and industrial/ambient, Vindsval has created an absolute monolithe in post bm. He began with the title 'Vlad' before changing the name after two demos and creating the much loved 'Ultima Thulee' which really put them on the map. As his career progressed he experimented with industrial and ambient and has carved the now highly stylised and distinctive Blut Aus Nord sound.
18.05.2006 - 14:57
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Well, put me between the adore and detest groups while referring to TWTTG. It makes a good lsiten once in a while, a very very boring listen at times, but I always find one song to be absolutely fabulous - I'm talking about track 13 - Procession Of The Dead Clowns. The atmosphere in that song is amazing.
Ok, that was about TWTTG. I am much more a fan of the previous album, Ultima Thulée. More ambient or melancholic in nature than TWTTG IMO, I can listen to that record for hours on end. The use of keys in that album is superb. Simplistic, yet perfectly fitting the songs.

Fans of Blut Aus Nord should definately check out The Eye's Supremacy album. That's one of my favourite BM albums of all-time. This easily outdoes Ultima Thulée IMO
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
18.05.2006 - 15:51
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Great band, the best BM offering from France by far (oh my fuckin' god how I hate LLN but that's another shit)... Ultima Thule is my favourite by them, as Cyptic said, very melancholic but also kind of dense and beautiful... I'm not really into what they did later, but their debut album was pretty outstanding.
18.05.2006 - 17:25
Damnated
Churchburner
One of the best bands I have ever heard, Blut Aus Nord is just another example of the strong BM scene in France.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
19.05.2006 - 13:08
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 18.05.2006 at 15:51

Great band, the best BM offering from France by far (oh my fuckin' god how I hate LLN but that's another shit)...

Finally someone who hates LLN just as much as me. IMO LLN bands are the THE MOST OVERRATED black metal bands on the face of the earth. Totally crap playing etc.

But to get back on topic. TWTTG is France's black metal masterpiece together with Deathspell Omega's SMR, C. And like someone aleady stated... A Procession of dead Clowns is just perfection, THE PERFECT closing song for an album. That song just keeps on pulling me back into the album over and over again.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.05.2006 - 14:05
Damnated
Churchburner
Excuse my dumbness, and tell me, what is LLN?
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
19.05.2006 - 14:09
/ELVET (O)
Account deleted
Les Legiones Noires, a really shitty (and thankfully finished) bunch of black metal bands hailing from France. The only good band to come out of them is Mutiilation, all the others just wreaked of shiteness. They were just a bunch of elitists in all honesty, purposely releasing very few copies of their music to promote cultness.
19.05.2006 - 14:20
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
@Velvet: Have you heard The Eye? I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It's another project by Vindsval, and it's really better than BAN in my opinion. If you haven't already checked it out, you should
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
19.05.2006 - 14:28
/ELVET (O)
Account deleted
Oh yeah, you mentioned that before ^.^ I shall do it now : D

Ta!
19.05.2006 - 14:34
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 19.05.2006 at 14:09

Les Legiones Noires, a really shitty (and thankfully finished) bunch of black metal bands hailing from France. The only good band to come out of them is Mutiilation, all the others just wreaked of shiteness. They were just a bunch of elitists in all honesty, purposely releasing very few copies of their music to promote cultness.

Oh, the Black Legions, I know them, and I agree. I also like Vlad Tepes from them, but not very much.
----

19.05.2006 - 14:37
Mother-Anorexia
Account deleted
Definately a great BM band.
19.05.2006 - 14:43
/ELVET (O)
Account deleted
Blah, I hate Vlad Tepes
19.05.2006 - 14:46
Damnated
Churchburner
I have only one split from them with Mutilation I think, but I only listened to it once, a long time ago.
----

20.05.2006 - 03:26
/ELVET (O)
Account deleted
@ Cryptic Myth

Oh my god dude, The Eye are fantastic! Incredibly sombre, midpaced black metal. The guitar has a really great feel to it; surprisingly melodic and the keyboards do add alot to the atmosphere. This is only from flicking through the songs, I'll probably make a thread on this when I've listened to it properly if you or someone else doesn't first.

Cheers again
20.05.2006 - 04:40
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Damnated on 19.05.2006 at 14:34

Written by Guest on 19.05.2006 at 14:09

Oh, the Black Legions, I know them, and I agree. I also like Vlad Tepes from them, but not very much.

Vlad Tepes? they're sub-zero in everything positive
20.05.2006 - 04:47
Mother-Anorexia
Account deleted
Anyone else get pissed off with the Blut Aus Nord website? The sound effects come out really weird through my speakers and it becomes almost unbearable to listen to
20.05.2006 - 08:55
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Written by Guest on 20.05.2006 at 03:26

@ Cryptic Myth

Oh my god dude, The Eye are fantastic! Incredibly sombre, midpaced black metal. The guitar has a really great feel to it; surprisingly melodic and the keyboards do add alot to the atmosphere. This is only from flicking through the songs, I'll probably make a thread on this when I've listened to it properly if you or someone else doesn't first.

Cheers again

Heh. I kinda knew all Blut Aus Nord fans will dig this. But I liked it a lot more than Ultima Thulee too
Give it a good listen and I'll allow you to make the thread
----
20.05.2006 - 14:08
/ELVET (O)
Account deleted
@ Cryptic Myth

Cheeeeers ! I certainly will do ^^

@ Southern Wind

"they're sub-zero in everything positive"

I'm sorry but... what?!?! That makes a kind of sense that just doesn't??
06.06.2006 - 01:26
Southern Wind
Account deleted
well, I was refering to LLN and specially to Vlad Tepes, which is the most horrible BM band I had heard... I was certainly not talking about Blut Aus Nord
06.06.2006 - 19:39
AntaeusM
Elite
Funny that so many people are complaining about LLN in every single topic that is slightly related to them. Being anti-trend is kinda cool too.. : I get a bit sick of all the constant bashing about the LLN. Sure they were bad, but there are also good bands thanks to the LLN. Mütiilation just to give an example.

Now for Blut Aus Nord, "The Work Which Transforms God" is good, but not that good as many people say. I listen to it rarely, it would drive me insane to listen it on a daily base. The atmosphere is good, but the whole thing is just a bit too repetitive. I like the creativity, but I hope Blut Aus Nord will make a more pleasure-to-hear album in the future, because "The Work Which Transforms God" is not enjoyable to listen to for a long time.

I prefer the vocalist's other project Children of Maani. Advicable for all your Blut Aus Nord fans out there
06.06.2006 - 21:38
/ELVET (O)
Account deleted
Hmm.. well naturally I disagree with that. 'TWWTG' is almost totally unique and original and I personally find a huge amount of variation on the record, there's brutal elements, ambient and industrial elements too. Each song is very distinct. Has a little of everything. It's certainly not as repetitve as DSO's 'SMRC' which is waaay too long and repetitve for the praise it gets. I did used to listen to it literally non-stop for weeks on end, it just really is that impressive.

And Mutiilation literally are the only good thing to come out LLN as I already said.
07.06.2006 - 00:05
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 06.06.2006 at 21:38

Hmm.. well naturally I disagree with that. 'TWWTG' is almost totally unique and original and I personally find a huge amount of variation on the record, there's brutal elements, ambient and industrial elements too. Each song is very distinct. Has a little of everything. It's certainly not as repetitve as DSO's 'SMRC' which is waaay too long and repetitve for the praise it gets. I did used to listen to it literally non-stop for weeks on end, it just really is that impressive.

I totally agree with you here. The Work Which Transforms God is THE most original bm album to be released in the last couple of years, and I still listen to it on an almost daily basis. BTW I am a huge fan of DSO's SMRC but I agree that the album is too long. 70 minutes is just too much. Had been reduced to abot 50 minutes it would have been a tru masterpiece.
But back on topic: I wonder what Blut Aus Nord's new album will sound like
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.09.2006 - 16:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I dunno but in last days(before go home) i chack them in MA, and wird I had fieling I post in this tread
But i chack them and noticed I only like this album ''Memoria Vetusta I - Fathers Of The Icy Age'' Its diferent and better how other, i dunno but maybe its my subjective opinium, but album cover and lyrics its maybe why i like that album better how other,
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.09.2006 - 00:25
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
About TWWTG, is far more pretentious than great...

Last week I received the promo of the new album, and it's not good, believe me... it's totally different, an Industrial/Noise album with a few Black Metal spices... the drumming is identical to Godflesh's "Streetcleaner", and the whole atmosphere tries to be scary but is not really well done... besides that, those who liked the variety of the previous album, must know that M.O.R.T. is totally boring and sound all time the same. I wrote a review for it and rated it with 6/10, but as the days pass I feel I was a bit too generous.
21.09.2006 - 22:52
/ELVET (O)
Account deleted
Heh, well the fact you think TWWTG is "pretentious" kinda nullifies your opinion on 'MoRT'. I still eagerly await hearing it and from what you've said it sounds like it has a lot in common with TEoAM which delights me to no end.
22.09.2006 - 01:53
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
About TWWTG, I still like it don't get me wrong... not a masterpiece but still one of the good Black Metal albums I had heard...

And yes, MoRT has many things in common with TEoAM, although it's more repetitive and at last is highly overlong... for me it sounds like a perfect mix between old Godflesh and Torture Wheel, and well, I love those both bands but what Blut Aus Nord created here is not that genial.
02.10.2006 - 23:43
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I don't really know how to express my opinion on this band. I could never listen to TWTTG on headphones or something and do nothing. I'd shoot myself out of boredom. However, it makes really nice background music due to the atmophere. I think I would enjoy that album more if they had better recording and added some depth to the fast songs. The more up-tempo songs sound somewhat out of place.

I feel the same way about Thematic Emanation Of Archetypal Multiplicity. The atmosphere is great and it is phenomenal background music for things such as homework or for just setting a dark mood, but I could never listen to it while doing nothing but focusing on the music.
03.10.2006 - 21:22
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Who does this band sound similar to...and what would be the best cd of theirs to listen to FIRST?
----
Brujerizmo!
03.10.2006 - 22:23
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I would recommend you to start with "Ultima Thulee", very nice Melodic Black Metal... now, if you want to know how does the new stuff sounds, picture a more dronish Godflesh's "Streetcleaner" and you'll have the EXAXT idea. And I totally agree with Pyroleprechaun comment about TWTTG
24.10.2006 - 20:33
Damnated
Churchburner
god, mort is horrible. I listened to half of the album and I ended up with a headeache.why experiment, when the style is already good?
----