Metal Storm logo
Crossover Thrash

Original post

Posted by , 08.12.2011 - 20:24
There has been alot of bands that are thrash and are punk, but what about in between? Or bands that have started out as punk and gone to thrash? Im talking about bands like Suicidal Tendencies, D.R.I., Wehrmacht, Cro Mags, Cryptic Slaughter, ect.
Most crossover thrash isnt well known, but what do you guys think about this stuff?
03.10.2013 - 21:39
Uldreth

Written by Guib on 03.10.2013 at 02:38

What is Post-Hardcore then ?

While that wikipedia article explains it quite well, I'd like to add that post-hardcore is not really an exact thing.

After early post-hardcore the genre evolved (or devolved, depending on who you ask) to include sometimes vastly different sounds. Mainly dabbling in alternative rock and/or pop-punk and/or metalcore.

Because of that lots of bands that sound like more aggressive alternative rock or pop-punk with occasional screamed vocals and breakdowns will get called post-hardcore, as well as modern metalcore bands that employ those very clean vocals, abundant melodic riffs and sometimes synths. Even if we disregard those, the genre is still very "unexact" with vastly different sounds all over the place.
05.10.2013 - 07:39
metalpeer

I agree with ya Uldreth
----
METALPEER.COM - HEAVY METAL AUCTIONS
22.11.2013 - 15:13
Totaldeathfanzin

That's very cool genre,i love it!
----
TOTAL DEATH FANZINE #2 NUNSLAUGHTER,BLACK WITCHERY,PEST,MASTER,RADIATION
SICKNESS,PTAHIL,KROW,TEITANFYRE,SICKRITES,IMPALER OF PEST,DISFORTERROR,TALES OF BLOOD,SKINEATER..
06.07.2016 - 01:23
JustinIrradiatio

Irradiation
- Crossover Thrash Metal from Canada
Homepage
Soundcloud
Facebook
iTunes

Check us out!
14.08.2016 - 14:54
mechanix74

Could you call it trashcore ? here a brazilian band :

https://youtu.be/dtgudw6YkI8
14.08.2016 - 21:51
The Batlord

Saw somebody from a few years ago mention Leeway. Fuck yes. They had some monster riffs. Crumbsuckers, Excel, Carnivore, and Lawnmower Deth were also good shit. And if you want to call Sacrilege's Behind the Realms of Madness crossover then it's ace as well.
----
Bands that suck: Dream Theater, Dragonforce, Pink Floyd, Pearl Jam, the folk rock half of Led Zeppelin, 99% of thrash metal bands from the turn of the century, Mumford & Sons, any death metal band influenced by Necrophagist.

That is all for now.
15.08.2016 - 11:05
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by The Batlord on 14.08.2016 at 21:51

Saw somebody from a few years ago mention Leeway.

Just last night I spun the disc "Born To Expire" and had incredible time with it.

One of my favorites in crossover thrash metal act.
16.08.2016 - 03:19
Totenlieder

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 15.08.2016 at 11:05

Written by The Batlord on 14.08.2016 at 21:51

Saw somebody from a few years ago mention Leeway.

Just last night I spun the disc "Born To Expire" and had incredible time with it.

One of my favorites in crossover thrash metal act.

Excellent record. One of best new york hardcore/crossover albums.
----
Blut & Krieg
16.08.2016 - 03:34
The Batlord

Just discovered this record a little while ago, and it is awesome crossover. It looks like the cover to a new age thrash band, but these dudes are old school. They're just goofy.

----
Bands that suck: Dream Theater, Dragonforce, Pink Floyd, Pearl Jam, the folk rock half of Led Zeppelin, 99% of thrash metal bands from the turn of the century, Mumford & Sons, any death metal band influenced by Necrophagist.

That is all for now.
20.04.2020 - 09:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Americans Maimed For Life

----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.04.2020 - 03:07
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by The Batlord on 16.08.2016 at 03:34

Just discovered this record a little while ago, and it is awesome crossover. It looks like the cover to a new age thrash band, but these dudes are old school. They're just goofy.

Used to have that one back around when it came out. Their cover of Kids in America made my list/article of 10 best metal covers of non-metal songs i did about 9 years ago. voila,
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
27.04.2020 - 10:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Finland's Terrorwheel

is it me or it sounds like Motörhead to me, cool song, cool mixture and music,
----

apos;'
[image]
28.12.2022 - 15:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Members of Bay Area crossover punk/thrash metal band HEMORAGE escaped without any serious injuries after being hit by a "reckless driver" early Saturday morning in San Francisco.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/bay-area-punk-thrash-metal-band-narrowly-escapes-serious-injury-after-being-hit-by-reckless-driver
----

apos;'
[image]