Metal Storm logo
Albums you love that everyone else hates & vice versa.

10.12.2011 - 10:05
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
What are the albums that seemingly everyone hates but you think are great? Or so-called masterpieces that you find mediocre at best? Do you love Risk or Lulu? Do you thimk Blackwater Park or Painkiller are steaming piles of horse crap?
For me, Master Of Puppets was just boring. Take Welcome Home, Battery and The Thing That Should Not Be off it and I'd give it a 5.
I do, however, love Gallhammer's Ill Innocence (as well as The End), Judas Priest's Turbo and Black Sabbath's Seventh Star.
How about you? Where does your opinion differ to the masses. Go on, be honest. Its the internet, no one will ever know.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
10.12.2011 - 12:38
Charly546
Well, to start I have a couple differing opinions on Judas Priest:
I think "Painkiller" isn't a very good album, it kinda falls apart on repeated listens. There's not much going on besides drums and vocals.
"Point of Entry" is pretty cool, though a bit boring, but I don't really get the dislike for it. "Turbo" is pretty fun to listen to.
"Rocka Rolla" is very enjoyable to listen to. It's nothing really that special, but it has a couple nice ideas here and there and overall it's a pretty good album.
10.12.2011 - 21:58
vezzy
Stallmanite
Concerning Judas Priest, I loved Jugulator.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
13.01.2012 - 00:11
lordchadi
The album that i see it a masterpeice while others don care for it is Manowar " kings of metal "

& the album that i don care about while many people say its great all the albums of " opeth "
13.01.2012 - 16:34
FOOCK Nam
All Opeth sucks to me, I don't dislike Slayer and death metal but dont dig them much although they are huge giant in metal, I like some ballads from Metallica Load and Reload, I love Metallica's Death Magentic... other stuff sometimes I listen to pop, dance, techno, folk, Hawai guitar, not a fan of heavy metal, I think Dimmu Borgir is great black metal band,.... people love music, goddamn I hate it
13.01.2012 - 16:36
Daniell
_爱情_
elite
Maybe not the whole album, but I really enjoy some of the songs on Metallica's St Anger: The Unnamed Feeling, Shoot Me Again, Sweet Amber, All Within My Hands.
13.01.2012 - 17:02
Warman
Erotic Stains
Hate is such a strong word but albums I love which "a tr00 metalhead" aren't supposed to like are Metallica's "St. Anger" and "Load", Iron Maiden's Blaze Bayley albums and "No Prayer for the Dying", Cradle of Filth's "Damnation and a Day", Kreator's "Endorama", Sepultura's "Dante XXI" (although that album isn't really disliked, but I do think Green is a much better vocalist than Cavalera) and at last Slayer's "World Painted Blood" and "Diabolus in Musica" (which I used to hate).

The only album I can think of which people seem to love, but that I think is pretty shitty is "Lemuria" by Therion.
----
13.01.2012 - 17:18
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I like soulfly, Most people don't.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
14.01.2012 - 05:24
Guib
Thrash Talker
I love No Prayer For The Dying... -_- Really I love it, but it seems im not in the majority here
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
14.01.2012 - 17:32
RavenKing
I like Bathory's Black Metal era (first four albums) but dislike all their Viking Metal albums.
My favorite Bolt Thrower album is "In Battle There Is No Law".
I like Therion's first two albums but nothing that came after.
I prefer "Show No Mercy" and "Hell Awaits" to "Reign In Blood".
I prefer "Terrible Certainty" to "Pleasure To Kill" and "Extreme Aggression".
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
14.01.2012 - 17:57
Slayer666
There's really a fuck ton of such cases for me, but the one I find the most interesting is St. Anger.

I can't say I like it that much, but it's the only Metallica album I don't consider a total yawn-fest.
14.01.2012 - 18:20
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Slayer666 on 14.01.2012 at 17:57
There's really a fuck ton of such cases for me, but the one I find the most interesting is St. Anger.

I can't say I like it that much, but it's the only Metallica album I don't consider a total yawn-fest.

This is also your only post that I don't consider a total yawn-fest, but a total troll-fest (a fail@triforcing one, but still).

You might as well admit you're a closet Lulu worshiper.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
14.01.2012 - 18:23
Slayer666
Written by vezzy on 14.01.2012 at 18:20

This is also your only post that I don't consider a total yawn-fest, but a total troll-fest (a fail@triforcing one, but still).

You might as well admit you're a closet Lulu worshiper.

I'm actually serious. When I troll, I do it a lot more subtly than that. And a lot better than you.
14.01.2012 - 18:34
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by RavenKing on 14.01.2012 at 17:32

Same here... Hell Awaits is easily the best Slayer album for me
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
15.01.2012 - 00:08
wrathchild
staff
Gamma Ray's "Sigh No More". Could be my fav GR album though I can see why most late fans don't like it as it doesn't sound like typical Gamma Ray. And I guess that fans of the time were disoriented by this second album.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
23.01.2012 - 11:24
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
I actually forgot about this topic. Glad to see some of my favorite "crap" albums being mentioned.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
23.01.2012 - 18:04
Lit.
Account deleted
I do not like Havok's Time Is Up. Seriously, what do you people see in that album? I wouldn't even put it on par with the older band's later works (i.e. Anthrax)
23.01.2012 - 20:48
Pennywise
Account deleted
I love the Rippers Judas Priest albums, especialy Demolation. I hate British Steel, worst overrated trash.
I also believe if Load and Reload should be made into a double album, erasing the worse tracks it would be a Hardrock classic.
24.01.2012 - 03:58
Zealot644
Lamb Of God - Wrath

Sure it wasnt as raw as sacrament but it had what was IMO some really good songs. You simply dont get that intensity of songs like say Contractor on any previous LoG albums with the exception of New American Gospel...But the difference in sound back then was so different.
27.01.2012 - 10:52
ToMegaTherion
Written by Daniell on 13.01.2012 at 16:36

Maybe not the whole album, but I really enjoy some of the songs on Metallica's St Anger: The Unnamed Feeling, Shoot Me Again, Sweet Amber, All Within My Hands.

I actually agree with you, its not as bad as a lot of people claim. Its not great by any means, but there are good songs. Dirty Window is a good song, for me the main frustration with the album with St. Anger for me is the production which is aweful.
27.01.2012 - 11:02
ToMegaTherion
Well it seems my opinions about Lulu, is not shared either by the broad metal public. Its not a bad album, its not great, but it is certainly better than an 2 which is its average on ms at the moment. As i said, its not great, but there are good songs on it, the lyrics particularly are quite good. I gave it a 7, which i though was fair.
27.01.2012 - 12:41
thewaytonever
*sigh* I actually think Trivium's Shogun was a phenomenal album
My album everyone seem to love but i freaking hate is basically anything by Death i fucking hate that band
----
follow me on twitter @thewaytonever
http://www.last.fm/user/thewaytonever
17.02.2012 - 19:03
Guib
Thrash Talker
I love No Prayer For The Dying by Iron Maiden, and it seems everybody on this earth hates it... so fuck you all.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
17.02.2012 - 19:06
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by X-Ray Rod on 14.01.2012 at 18:34

Written by RavenKing on 14.01.2012 at 17:32

Same here... Hell Awaits is easily the best Slayer album for me

same here I think I prefer Hell Awaits and Show No Mercy... and even Seasons In The Abyss... over Reign In Blood
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
18.02.2012 - 01:43
dr.doom
The Gaahl-era Gorgoroth albums.

I don't really care about how much of an a-hole Gaahl is, "Ad Majorum..." and "Twilight of the Idols" beats the standard BM that they were putting out before/after him IMO.
19.02.2012 - 04:18
Static-X has been a big fav. of mine.
Slipknots earlier material and SOAD are both guilty pleasures of mine.
I know those 3 are general disliked amongst the metal (elitist) community, but I still will give the CDs a spin from time to time.
19.02.2012 - 08:51
Maybe it's just me, but I liked The Formation of Damnation. Not Testament's best, but it's a pretty good album overall.
19.02.2012 - 12:47
Zombie94
I don't love the Black Album but I definitely like it, although I do see it as very sub-par in comparison to the earlier albums.

I don't understand the high scores people give Scream Bloody Gore. It's alright but I find it's a chore to listen to the whole thing. I could only listen to maybe Mutilation and the first two tracks without getting fidgety.

Reign In Blood isn't the thrash masterpiece I hoped it would be. I can at least understand that it was an innovation but to me all that album is is Angel Of Death, Piece by Piece, Jesus Saves and Raining Blood with lots of filler in between. I definitely prefer South Of Heaven as an album.

Bomber by Motorhead is again an album that I feel has a few gems with mediocre songs sandwiching them. Orgasmatron is far superior imo.
19.02.2012 - 12:58
Uldreth
Written by Zombie94 on 19.02.2012 at 12:47

Reign In Blood isn't the thrash masterpiece I hoped it would be. I can at least understand that it was an innovation but to me all that album is is Angel Of Death, Piece by Piece, Jesus Saves and Raining Blood with lots of filler in between. I definitely prefer South Of Heaven as an album.

Yeah I agree. Except for South of Heaven. That is a good album too but I prefer Hell Awaits to both.

The reason why RiB is regarded that highly is because Angel of Death and Raining Blood are so sick, I'd guess. The entire album is good all in all and I love it but has waay too much filler imo. I'd say Postmortem is a very good track from it as well though.
19.02.2012 - 18:26
Zombie94
Written by Uldreth on 19.02.2012 at 12:58

Written by Zombie94 on 19.02.2012 at 12:47

Yeah I agree. Except for South of Heaven. That is a good album too but I prefer Hell Awaits to both.

The reason why RiB is regarded that highly is because Angel of Death and Raining Blood are so sick, I'd guess. The entire album is good all in all and I love it but has waay too much filler imo. I'd say Postmortem is a very good track from it as well though.

Yeah don't get me wrong, it's a good album! I was just disappointed by all the hype around it is all. That album actually put me off Slayer initially but I've found that I like their other albums such as South Of Heaven and Seasons In The Abyss. And yeah I need to check out Hell Awaits, been interested in it since I saw the cover art.