Metal Storm logo
Using The 'back one page' Option

18.05.2006 - 11:59
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
In any browser, there is a button called 'back', or 'back one page', its usually the fastest way when surfing the net to accomplish things faster.
My Question is, why in Metalstorm does this not work correctly.
I remember when i logged in the first time it came up with cookies option, which i didnt hesitate clicking, so that MS would run smoother.
It seems though, MS has to reload every page you click back on, even if you were just on it.
Is that just natural slowness from the flow of traffic or is there a way to fix this?
I dont care really if i get fixed or not, just want to know if anyone else shares the same problem, overall its not a big problem though.
18.05.2006 - 13:45
Sinsanity
Account deleted
Yes. It's the same. But if you simply click 'back' you see the page as it was the last time you've seen it (that could be 1h ago) so, I guess, that now, the idea is, that everytime you click 'back' it automatically refreshes...so obviously it has to be reloaded. But well...it's really not that important...
18.05.2006 - 14:24
__Az__
The same is happening for me, It is slower than usual when 'back' is selected... Its as if the page is being refreshed everytime... Does make navigation that bit slower though...
18.05.2006 - 18:31
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
yes, i experience the same problem, in overall metalstorm seems to be alot slower now then it was yesterday, or is that just me?
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
18.05.2006 - 20:30
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
I dont know if overall its slower than v2... though it is quite slow i guess... it wasnt as bad yesterday i think though.
I just think it shouldnt have to refresh when you click back though.... it should load straight up because you already accessed it.
Probably cant be helped, oh well.
18.05.2006 - 21:52
FlareHeart
You could PM Ivan and ask him as he does the programing for the pages and he might have put a line of code in the programming that would force the browser to refresh it. If he didn't then simply check your browser settings to ensure that it only looks for a newer version of the page at the appropriate time span for you. If it is set to automatic then it might refresh automatically, but if it is set to cache the page then it will load quicker, as it will bring the already loaded one.

I find that it caches some pages that shouldn't be...like the profile page so that when you change it and try to see the changes it doesn't show them and you have to hit refresh manually. I dunno, check the browser settings and if that's not it then PM Ivan and see what he says.
----
~That which yields is not always weak.~
18.05.2006 - 22:23
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
I didn't add any force-refresh. Probably by the time you hit 'Back', the page really has changed - the list of online users is the most obvious reason...
19.05.2006 - 04:40
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
oh ok fair enough
19.05.2006 - 11:24
Lupas
Maximus
Same happend to me .
Infact yesterday i couldn't open onto forum. It 's take too much time to refresh, every page i have been. It's seems for me that MS v2 was more faster than V3,
WHy ? or just my connection ??
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
19.05.2006 - 19:46
Sinsanity
Account deleted
I think too, that it's quite slower now...
19.05.2006 - 20:09
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Don't feel like the speed has changed. It has slow and fast days..
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
20.05.2006 - 04:41
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Written by Lucas on 19.05.2006 at 20:09

Don't feel like the speed has changed. It has slow and fast days..

Im thinking this too
14.12.2006 - 11:45
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Me too; I think metalstorm website is running slower than before. I frequently get 'runtime errors' while running metalstorm.( I don't know if the server is responsible for it)
----
that which shines without names and forms...