Metal Storm logo
Lacuna Coil - New Music Video Online

Italian gothic metal outfit Lacuna Coil have posted a new music video online for the song "Trip The Darkness" which can be watched below.

The song is the first single from the group's forthcoming new studio album, "Dark Adrenaline," which will be released through Century Media Records on January 24th.

Source: metalunderground.com
Band profile: Lacuna Coil
Posted: 14.12.2011 by Rog-Mothoth

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   Visited by: 141 users
14.12.2011 - 08:41
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Hot Topic?

This song is terrible.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
14.12.2011 - 09:13
Absak

That thumbnail scared the shit outta me! Cristina is a Lady GaGa fan???
14.12.2011 - 09:38
BudDa

Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.12.2011 at 08:41

Hot Topic?

I know..right?

The song is ok. This sounded alot heavier in the trailer. The opening/closing effects/synth is really annoying and is also something I have heard in many symphonic releases of late.
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
14.12.2011 - 09:59
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by BudDa on 14.12.2011 at 09:38
The song is ok. This sounded alot heavier in the trailer. The opening/closing effects/synth is really annoying and is also something I have heard in many symphonic releases of late.

For the first few seconds I thought I was listening to something from The Scorpion King OST. Then the vocals kicked in and it went downhill from there. With the exception of the synth-infused intro/outro, this is basically 3 minutes of goth-rock chorus singing.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
14.12.2011 - 10:17
Nattens

I'm not really surprised at how terrible this is. It seems after "Karmacode" they were gearing toward a corporate/commercial rock sound, and naturally I ceased interest as did many others. I just don't hear any heart in their music anymore and when they play next month when the Gigantour comes through here in NYC, I and those with me will be showing our support for Megadeth and Motorhead.
14.12.2011 - 10:19
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Not a particularly interesting video, but then again, the song is only average with a good studio sound, so I guess it balances out well. Catchy but not too memorable, ah well, back to Comalies for another few years.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
14.12.2011 - 13:12
X5452
Account deleted
At least better to listen to than the previous album, but it's still not very good in my opinion. Too mediocre.
14.12.2011 - 14:34
CyberSymphony
Ollie
Yes, this is song is below average. Heavier, but still boring and uninteresting and more music aimed for teenagers. Also why the hell is that abomination named Lady Gaga I see in the video?
14.12.2011 - 18:36
Elodie Artour
Slania
Written by Jason W. on 14.12.2011 at 10:19

Not a particularly interesting video, but then again, the song is only average with a good studio sound, so I guess it balances out well. Catchy but not too memorable, ah well, back to Comalies for another few years.

I actually find this song extremely catchy. That, of course, does not change the fact it's mediocre and maybe even below the average. As for the video, I am a GaGa fan myself but this particular look of Cristina just doesn't work for me. Also, the idea of Light vs Darkness could've been interpreted in a way more interesting manner. Sigh, I indeed miss their old era...
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
14.12.2011 - 19:59
Dark Blood
The Avenger
For a Lacuna Coil standard, it's not a bad song. They've done far worse specially in the last few albums.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
14.12.2011 - 22:16
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Well... the song isn't really awful, but there's nothing great or remarkable about it either. Best thing about this, was the cats in the video!
15.12.2011 - 01:26
WorpeX
Made of Metal
That was pretty bad. Song wasn't very exciting but I actually hated the guy singing in this song far more then Cristina. His constant yelling was starting to get under my skin, not to mention that his voice is unremarkable and bland.
15.12.2011 - 02:32
Giza

Written by Angelic Storm on 14.12.2011 at 22:16

Well... the song isn't really awful, but there's nothing great or remarkable about it either. Best thing about this, was the cats in the video!

I agree, any video is better with cats. They could've made the whole video of cats instead.
15.12.2011 - 04:04
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Giza on 15.12.2011 at 02:32
I agree, any video is better with cats. They could've made the whole video of cats instead.

Yep well, cats can lighten up anything. hehe And yes, they should've made the whole video just of cats, seeing as the only good parts in this video was the parts with cats in them.
15.12.2011 - 04:39
Drixxel

One can't deny that the song is successfully catchy and slickly produced, but man, these are some of the most asinine lyrics I've heard in ages. Then again, I suppose no contrived grab for mass appeal is complete without thoughtless nonsense pouring out of the vocalist(s).
17.12.2011 - 13:23
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Meh, drumming is really weak tbh!! A pack of Gothic Rock stuff flowing and intriguing "Follow Me Follow Me" and nothing else. Scabbia is doing her best to capture all the spotlight but fails....[with the song].
18.12.2011 - 17:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
1th what I saw in the video Cristine's legs are lil fatter how thay was in older videos and drummer looks like Juventus ultra in Ricky Tognazzi film ''Ultra'' made in 1991

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100835/

weatch ending part in Torino railway station there is LC drummer young
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.01.2012 - 14:49
SymphAlchemist

Nice song, but nothing special. I liked the contrast they made with light and dark but white Cristina is scaring indeed.

Now having heard the whole album I think it's the worst/least nice song from it...or maybe it's because I got bored with the thousands of listenings I gave before Kill the Lights came out..

Hits total: 6078 | This month: 3