Metal Storm logo
Arizmenda - Within The Vacuum Of Infinity...

8.3 | 32 votes |
Release date: 12 October 2009
Style: Psychedelic black metal

Owners:

10 have it
6 want it

Womb
01. Those Beaten Paths Of Confusion
02. Beyond The Shadows Of Emptiness & Nothingness
03. Poison Yourself... With Thought

Grave
04. The Agents Of Transformation
05. Drowning In The Pain Of Consciousness
06. Deny The Disease Of Life

Additional info
Tape by Dismal Cursings for EU and rest of world, limitation undisclosed.
Tape by Crepúsculo Negro for USA, limited to 100 handnumbered copies.
Tape reissue via Crepúsculo Negro in 2010, limited to 200 handnumbered copies.

Both versions have the same music and artwork. The only difference is that Dismal Cursings' version has pro-printed cassettes, while the US version has a sticker on the cassettes instead and includes a patch.
The Crepúsculo Negro reissue comes on a clear tape, without stickers and patch.

Found in 9 lists
Top lists

Comments page 3 / 4

Comments: 106   Visited by: 231 users
21.11.2014 - 00:37
Rating: 10
mz

Written by Diverge on 20.11.2014 at 05:41

Wow this is phenomenal. Thanks to the shoutbox for directing me here.

No way. Give it a 10 or leave the party.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
21.11.2014 - 00:43
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by mz on 21.11.2014 at 00:37

I second this. One of the albums closest to being perfect that I've ever heard. Probably top 5 records of all time for me.
21.11.2014 - 02:02
Diverge

Written by mz on 21.11.2014 at 00:37

Written by Diverge on 20.11.2014 at 05:41

Wow this is phenomenal. Thanks to the shoutbox for directing me here.

I was more thinking a 7.
12.07.2015 - 23:25
Maco
Pvt Funderground
So good holy shit.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
09.12.2015 - 18:02
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I don't understand how this is so good. Would probably give this 11 / 10 if I could.
09.12.2015 - 18:29
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by Guest on 09.12.2015 at 18:02

I don't understand how this is so good. Would probably give this 11 / 10 if I could.

Yeah you know, it's alright I guess...if you're into that sort of thing
09.12.2015 - 18:39
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Alex F on 09.12.2015 at 18:29

that sort of thing

You know deadone is all like:

24.12.2015 - 12:31
mz

I have came to realization that this is the best black metal record ever, beating LoC and TWWTTG. Too prefect to be matched.
----
24.12.2015 - 19:50
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by mz on 24.12.2015 at 12:31

I have came to realization that this is the best black metal record ever, beating LoC and TWWTTG. Too prefect to be matched.

I quite often think that whilst listening to this. It's pretty much unsurpassed.
24.12.2015 - 21:59
Rating: 9
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
It's a brilliant album and I would put it in the same pedestal as TWWTTG.

But LOC is God-tier material for me. Just a different level for me. Well, I also don't like to compare bands when their style is too different.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
24.12.2015 - 23:22
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Yeah Arizmenda and LoC are quite different, so hard to gauge.
25.12.2015 - 00:39
Maco
Pvt Funderground
LOC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TWWTG > This album
----
25.12.2015 - 00:45
mz

)This album> TWWTTG>LoC
While TWWTTG benefits from the best piece(s) of music ever made, it lacks a bit on the consistency department. LoC, I'd argue, it more unearthly in terms of style, but I still think that overal, it is my least favorite out of the bounch. Still not a complain, though, as I give these three 10.
WtVoI has became the 2nd most revisited album for me, after the tool's, and it might actually dethrone that album.
----
25.12.2015 - 02:37
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Written by Guest on 25.12.2015 at 02:28

Boooooo get off the stage!

+1
----
25.12.2015 - 17:40
Lit.
Account deleted
Comparing this to such certified classics as LoC or TWWTG? At that caliber, you might as well be comparing new Simpsons episodes to old ones. It's great, but not that great.
25.12.2015 - 19:22
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Nah, it's that great. No doubt about that. TWWTG hasn't actually stood the test of time as well as LoC because of the weaker black metal tracks. Makes up for it with the other songs of course as they're amongst the best ever made, but not so much as an album on the whole.

Your Simpsons analogy is a bit shit too, seeing as new Simpsons is garbage.
25.12.2015 - 20:15
mz

Written by Guest on 25.12.2015 at 17:40

Comparing this to such certified classics as LoC or TWWTG? At that caliber, you might as well be comparing new Simpsons episodes to old ones. It's great, but not that great.

It depends on what you mean by classics. TWWTTG and LOC, while great, did not generate a wave of bands following them, unlike DsO. Maybe I am mixing classic with influential, but I really see not much diffrence beteeen these three records in terms of historical importance when we consider the time interval between the release datea.
----
25.12.2015 - 22:20
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by mz on 25.12.2015 at 20:15

It depends on what you mean by classics. TWWTTG and LOC, while great, did not generate a wave of bands following them, unlike DsO. Maybe I am mixing classic with influential, but I really see not much diffrence beteeen these three records in terms of historical importance when we consider the time interval between the release datea.

I would say BaN's influence is great, but far more subtle than DsO. I think TWWTG opened the way for industrial experimentation and other general forward thinkiness. It's hard to catalogue it though. I still love the album, but rarely do I listen to the whole thing; I usually combine songs with ones on Thematic... and skip the black metal tracks.
27.12.2015 - 08:20
Lit.
Account deleted
Not sure where DsO came in the conversation, but okay.

The point is, it doesn't matter whether it's by influence or quality, this album is inferior in every which way compared to both TWWTG and LoC. So the Simpsons analogy is pretty spot on, as new Simpsons episodes are inferior to the old classics.
27.12.2015 - 13:08
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
But that would imply that this is shit, which it isn't. A better analogy, (from your rather incorrect perspective) would be, I don't know, old Futurama > newer Futurama. All brilliant, but older episodes were a tad better. Unlike Simpsons which went from great to totally pointless and terrible.

Even I, probably the biggest BaN fan on this site, and someone that once gave TWWTG 10 / 10 in a terrible review, finally realises that it's somewhat flawed from an album perspective. When virtually everyone talks about a handful of specific songs and never a bunch of others - even if they are good - you know it's not totally balanced. This one though can only be listened to as an album as it's totally cohesive, which makes it superior. Just like LoC, really.
27.12.2015 - 18:45
Lit.
Account deleted
Okay, apparently I'm missing the part where TWWTG is apparently "unbalanced." What you're claiming about this album is how I listen to TWWTG: Front to back, almost never do I pick out an individual song unless its the final track. They all sound the same to me, but they sound good.

Touche on the Futurama analogy, though. That would've been a better example.
27.12.2015 - 19:54
Zap
None of the three albums mentioned would come into consideration for "best black metal ever" for me, actually. I do agree that The Work Which Transforms God is not unbalanced. I listen to that album front to back 99% of the time. It is varied, but I think every song is pretty much on the same level quality-wise (except "Density" of course, but it's impossible to create an entire album of such consistently high quality in the first place)

Lurker Of Chalice feels more unbalanced to me. Like the way "Spectre As Valkerie Is" starts out with this boring out of place metal riff (*gasp*) before going into the holyshitwowamazing non-metal territory. Feels a bit disjointed at times. (not saying all of the metal bits feel out of place, but that one in particular could have been removed and I wouldn't miss it)
08.08.2016 - 21:19
Mikolaj
Account deleted
Yeah... This might just be the best thing ever. The vocals are probably the best I've heard in any black metal and the guitar tone is phenomenal. I'm speechless.

Edit: Also big thanks to! J.O.O.E.! and Maco for naming this band in the recommendations thread!
08.08.2016 - 21:26
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
^ Welcome to the circle-jerk.
08.08.2016 - 21:43
Mikolaj
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 08.08.2016 at 21:26

^ Welcome to the circle-jerk.

I listened to it two times straight because it was that good.
Are the other albums similar to this?
08.08.2016 - 21:46
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 08.08.2016 at 21:43

I listened to it two times straight because it was that good.
Are the other albums similar to this?

The second album is decent, but I think a lot of people found the sound a bit underwhelming (myself included) but they / he sort of made up for it with the third one which sounded great again, once they released the digital version and not the awful tape rip that was floating about.

If you haven't you should explore the other Black Twilight Circle releases, like Volahn etc. Lots of really great stuff going on with that movement / collective.
08.08.2016 - 21:55
Rating: 9
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Just go nuts on the 2 hour compilation. Welcome to the club. We have hearts freshly extracted!
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
08.08.2016 - 22:03
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 08.08.2016 at 22:00

I will definitely check the other two Arizmenda albums aswell as some of the other projects. I also just realize that this record is on your and Paz list, which I both liked. Shame on me for overlooking this.

Well quite a lot of records to take in so no worries
08.08.2016 - 22:07
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Also, you could do worse than check out this compilation. Has a big chunk of the bands from the BTC thing on. I think it gets way better after the 3rd track or so but lots of great stuff on it.

This is also a great comp, too.
21.08.2016 - 10:51
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Have preferred Volahn to Arizmenda so far. I've listened to Volahn's debut and the 2014 record and really loved them. I think I've listened the '14 Arizmenda record but not sure why I don't remember it much apart from it being just good. But thanks to all the masturbatory comments here and around the site, I am finally checking this out. And yeah, the standout highlight here is the almost psychedelic-y and drunk nature of the songwriting. Truly amazing how the riffs feel here, its almost as if they get sped up and slowed down even when they don't. Enjoying this a lot.

Hits total: 10230 | This month: 25