Metal Storm logo
Wolves in the Throne Room

Original post

Posted by Zombie, M.D., 18.05.2006 - 12:02
If you're into Weakling you should really enjoy this. Its a little too simmilar to Weakling at times, but they manage to pull it off very well.

http://www.wolvesinthethroneroom.com/menudo2.htm
09.05.2010 - 21:26
The Turbanator

Written by Ellrohir on 09.05.2010 at 13:28

Written by The Turbanator on 08.05.2010 at 01:40

I think WitTR are the best USBM band you can find right now.

agreed on that

the question is - is that really a sufficient comparison? BM scene in USA...i am not finding enough stuff that would satisfy me...on the other hand in Europe - Blut Aus Nord beats WitTR at all fronts any time...

Blut Aus Nord. Fucking AMEN!
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
10.05.2010 - 21:43
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Ugh. meh. not sure what the deal with BAN is. maybe "The Work Which Transforms God" is spectacular, but i was goaded into buying the follow up albums (MORT, Odinist) based on the hype. no way. i wanted to like them (hell, i want to like anything i plunk down my money on) and was left underwhelmed.

seeing as BAN is being compared against USBM beyod just WIITR (ellrohir taking a shot at USBM. everyone, take a drink.) ... i'll take Leviathan, Weakling, Lurker of Chalice, Krallice, newer Nachtmystium, Tombs, Cobalt, some Xasthur, and, of course, WIITR over BAN.

but tastes are subjective.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
10.05.2010 - 22:02
Got Mayhem?

Is "The Work Which Transforms God" that good? I've heard a lot of stuff about that, some of it mixed, but I've never really gotten around to giving it a full listen.
----
10.05.2010 - 22:08
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Got Mayhem? on 10.05.2010 at 22:02

Is "The Work Which Transforms God" that good? I've heard a lot of stuff about that, some of it mixed, but I've never really gotten around to giving it a full listen.

The Work Which Transforms God and the one before are great and original whereas the rest of Blut Aus Nord's discography are just enjoyable at most and the latest is just generic run of the mill melodic black metal.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.05.2010 - 22:22
Got Mayhem?

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.05.2010 at 22:08

The Work Which Transforms God and the one before are great and original whereas the rest of Blut Aus Nord's discography are just enjoyable at most and the latest is just generic run of the mill melodic black metal.

Alright, sounds good. I'll listen to that as soon as I can. It seems I'm always coming back to the French when looking for some more quality BM...
----
10.05.2010 - 22:24
Mikyz

It is. I like to think of it as an innovative Black Metal album, different from the typical, copy-cat, redundant mass. It's a complex and dissonant release with a somewhat philosophical approach (Deathspell Omega). It's an album that I find important for the evolution of Black Metal.

But as far as WitTR, they release only top quality releases reminiscent of Burzum's mesmerizing landscapes, specially Two Hunters.
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
10.05.2010 - 22:47
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Got Mayhem? on 10.05.2010 at 22:22

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.05.2010 at 22:08

Alright, sounds good. I'll listen to that as soon as I can. It seems I'm always coming back to the French when looking for some more quality BM...

TWWTG is easily a contender for the most innovative and even revolutionary black metal album of the last decade and most certainly my favourite along with a handful of others.

MoRT was even more creative, so much so it alienated a large proportion of its fans. I personally think it's Godly and years ahead of its time but if you do listen to it don't approach expecting a black metal album, or anything conventional for that matter. Basically I've learned not to bother arguing or convincing MoRT haters over the years. It's an album you either get or you don't.

How the poo-sticks did we get onto BaN anyway?
10.05.2010 - 23:06
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 10.05.2010 at 22:47

TWWTG is easily a contender for the most innovative and even revolutionary black metal album of the last decade and most certainly my favourite along with a handful of others.

MoRT was even more creative, so much so it alienated a large proportion of its fans. I personally think it's Godly and years ahead of its time but if you do listen to it don't approach expecting a black metal album, or anything conventional for that matter. Basically I've learned not to bother arguing or convincing MoRT haters over the years. It's an album you either get or you don't.

How the poo-sticks did we get onto BaN anyway?

Totally agreed on TWWTG. As for MoRT I for one totally don't get it whereas I immensely enjoy the mini that came before it.

As for how we got into BAN? Well, because some johnny-come-lately concerning black metal thinks they are better than anything released by the USBM scene. But then again that johnny-come-lately is a blind US basher when it comes to all things in life. You know, the sort of person that is blinded by his/her hatred for all things American.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.05.2010 - 23:13
Got Mayhem?

Haha I guess it's settled then...this is something I need to hear.

Uhhh yea, WitTR. Darn good stuff.
----
10.05.2010 - 23:31
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
(so WIITR is muy bueno. moving to continue the side conversation at the appropriate thread)
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
17.05.2010 - 17:25
The Turbanator

Yeah so was wondering. Is Will Lindsay still with WITTR? Or has he left them? Coz I checked on Metal Encyclopedia, and they say he's a 'former/past member'.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
21.02.2011 - 11:11
The Turbanator

Guys. Did WITTR release a DVD of Roadburn Festival?

I just saw this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tygOMNyrkyg and was wondering is there anywhere I can download this DVD?
----
21.02.2011 - 19:40
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by The Turbanator on 21.02.2011 at 11:11

I just saw this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tygOMNyrkyg and was wondering is there anywhere I can download this DVD?

The dvd is part opf the live roadburn cd and live roadburn vinyl.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.02.2011 - 20:44
The Turbanator

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.02.2011 at 19:40

Written by The Turbanator on 21.02.2011 at 11:11

The dvd is part opf the live roadburn cd and live roadburn vinyl.

You know anywhere I can buy it?
----
23.02.2011 - 13:30
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by The Turbanator on 21.02.2011 at 20:44

Quite a few on-line store have it.

Just clik on the link below:
Amazon
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.02.2011 - 17:23
The Turbanator

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.02.2011 at 13:30

Amazon

That's the DVD? 45$ :s I'll wait till I have some money then.
----
24.02.2011 - 17:41
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by The Turbanator on 24.02.2011 at 17:23

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.02.2011 at 13:30

Amazon

That's the DVD? 45$ :s I'll wait till I have some money then.

The vinyl + dvd is 45$ the cd + dvd is 26$ and is the fifth item from the top
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.07.2011 - 02:27
The Turbanator

http://www.earsplitcompound.com/site/?p=2965

Think I'll just leave this here. Cannot fucking wait!
----
26.07.2011 - 15:04
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by The Turbanator on 26.07.2011 at 02:27

http://www.earsplitcompound.com/site/?p=2965

Think I'll just leave this here. Cannot fucking wait!

Awesome cover
seems the songs are getting a bit shorter since the track list is longer than usual or there might be some ambient tracks
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
27.07.2011 - 04:01
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
What kind of direction do you guys hope WITTR have taken on the upcoming release?
29.07.2011 - 00:39
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Guest on 27.07.2011 at 04:01

What kind of direction do you guys hope WITTR have taken on the upcoming release?

For me I hope it is more like "Cleansing" and "Dai Artio" from Two Hunters, something a bit more Ambient or even Drone a bit, along side the usual BM of course. they always capture nature's essence in their music and it feels like as if you're inside the woods listening to the melodious harmonies of nature.
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
30.07.2011 - 00:31
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Back to Diadem. Epic, raw, long and ballsy. They were best when they were ripping off Weakling.
30.07.2011 - 01:02
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 30.07.2011 at 00:31

Back to Diadem. Epic, raw, long and ballsy. They were best when they were ripping off Weakling.

Because you never have enough weakling related stuff, yeah!
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
30.07.2011 - 01:11
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Quote:
Written by Guest on 30.07.2011 at 00:31

Because you never have enough weakling related stuff, yeah!

Well someone has to carry on the good name of Weakling as they sure aren't ;]
30.07.2011 - 01:27
The Turbanator

I hope they do something new. Every album of theirs are different than one another. All 3 are my favorite. This band is the exact meaning of BM to me. Can't wait for the new one. 7 songs in it as well!
----
30.07.2011 - 01:33
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
I found Black Cascade quite generic black metal tbh. Good but generic.
----
Rod, let me love you.
30.07.2011 - 01:40
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I found it generic... nope, just generic.
30.07.2011 - 01:41
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Agree with that, it was missing a little of what made their prior works "theirs."
----

30.07.2011 - 01:50
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by BitterCOld on 30.07.2011 at 01:41

Agree with that, it was missing a little of what made their prior works "theirs."

Which is a shame because I heard lots of things about the band and then the first album I listen to was that one. Talk about being dissapointed.
----
Rod, let me love you.
30.07.2011 - 02:22
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
I hope they do something different than their other albums. I don't mean something way different or anything, just evolve their sound while doing something unique compared to what other bands are doing. It would be nice to see them take what they had on Two Hunters and push it to the next level.