Metal Storm logo
Into Eternity

Original post

Posted by Arian Totalis, 15.10.2006 - 04:17
This Band is truly a great and unique band all of it's own. They play a style that I've never really heard besides them. I've been a fan for a while now, and I feel that they deserve their own Thread topic. They play a cross between Melodic technical progressive Death metal, (Wow, what a Combo) and Power metal (Just to add to things). They have an ongoing musical theme, that of depressing lyrics, and the combanation of the before mentioned genres. Thus the reason for the question marks under the subcategory. I think....they should be called Eternity Metal
Why don't you guys discuss em' a little, What albums do you like, what do you like or not like about them, etc..... Get going!
10.10.2008 - 01:30
pretty_toy
Account deleted
I haven't really been a fan until recently when I saw them live with Symphony X. they were absolutely incredible live, one of the best vocals i've heard in a while
12.10.2008 - 15:30
Magero
Account deleted
The new album was pretty meh for me, which is a shame 'cause Scattering of Ashes was amazing (in my opinion.)
22.10.2008 - 03:43
Ascalon

Really good band, I have to listen at the new album... but if maintains the quality of this band certainly would be an amazing album to listen.
----
"Follow your steps and you'll find, the unknown ways are on your mind" (Angra)
16.11.2008 - 05:16
Metalbound7

Their music is so fucking beautiful, i love how they combine feelings like anger, melancholy, etc. in just one song.
20.11.2008 - 01:47
TheVonBraun
Account deleted
Yeah I def. agree with the "???" for genre. They bend so many together in such an awesome way, and I'm really a fan of this unique style.

Incurable Tragedy out now and its really good!!
22.11.2008 - 01:41
warfromwithin
Account deleted
Great description of melodic technical progressive death metal with a twist of power metal! This band kicks ass, a little bit underrated though... They are very hard to distinguish as their songs doesn't last 8-10+ mins like typical prog death bands, they combine death growls with prog high pitched vocals, the arrangements of their songs are complex, in short, they are not your custom-made band that plays a specific genre, and that's what makes them awesome and exceptional!!! Poor thing some people don't go for chopsuey...
26.11.2008 - 17:26
Ascendant187

Absolutely adore Into Eternity. It's almost as if you're getting three bands in one, without the negativity of a complete and utter clusterfuck. I enjoyed their latest album a hell of a lot but, yeah, I probably prefer their older stuff. That's not a bad thing though. With Into Eternity it's all good. Just a shame they don't quite have the popularity of other bands.
27.11.2008 - 04:57
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Ascendant187 on 26.11.2008 at 17:26

Absolutely adore Into Eternity. It's almost as if you're getting three bands in one, without the negativity of a complete and utter clusterfuck. I enjoyed their latest album a hell of a lot but, yeah, I probably prefer their older stuff. That's not a bad thing though. With Into Eternity it's all good. Just a shame they don't quite have the popularity of other bands.

Believe you me, as long as Tim Roth doesn't up and quit on us (which he just might, considering all the bullshit he's going through right now) they'll get there. Their success and style is becoming critically acclaimed. Pretty soon scene kids'll start listening to them, and I'll have to start stomping their heads in lol
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
27.11.2008 - 07:17
Ascendant187

Written by Arian Totalis on 27.11.2008 at 04:57

Believe you me, as long as Tim Roth doesn't up and quit on us (which he just might, considering all the bullshit he's going through right now) they'll get there. Their success and style is becoming critically acclaimed. Pretty soon scene kids'll start listening to them, and I'll have to start stomping their heads in lol

At least stomping heads can be fun -- for a while. I'll suffer through some idiot 13 year olds raving about Into Eternity if it means they get a fraction of the popularity they deserve.

I'm a little behind the times. What's Tim Roth been going through?
27.11.2008 - 20:23
Fat & Sassy!

Pretty soon scene kids'll start listening to them, and I'll have to start stomping their heads in lol

Oh, but they do. It'll only be a matter of time until they start talking about them at their girl-on-guy/guy-on-girl/guy-on-guy/girl-on-girl committee board meetings about all things related to personal insecurities.
27.11.2008 - 21:14
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Ascendant187 on 27.11.2008 at 07:17

At least stomping heads can be fun -- for a while. I'll suffer through some idiot 13 year olds raving about Into Eternity if it means they get a fraction of the popularity they deserve.

I'm a little behind the times. What's Tim Roth been going through?

I'm not entirely sure, because I haven't checked up on it in a little while, but If I remember correctly, he just recently lost his mother and he's going through a financial crisis as well. Once more, don't take my word on that, but I think that's what I happened. I remember because he had to drop out of the last tour.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

15.01.2009 - 14:59
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Why isnt there a review for "The Incurable Tragedy"? It's been so long.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
15.01.2009 - 23:06
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by BloodTears on 15.01.2009 at 14:59

Well, for anyone other than a moderator to publish a review, you have to wait six months. And in order for the moderators to publish a review of an album, they must first see it as worthwhile to review. I gues they don't It's not a big deal though. After Febuary 25th the album will be available to review. Maybe I'll start working on one...Or maybe you can too!
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

16.01.2009 - 11:23
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Arian Totalis on 15.01.2009 at 23:06

Written by BloodTears on 15.01.2009 at 14:59

Well, for anyone other than a moderator to publish a review, you have to wait six months. And in order for the moderators to publish a review of an album, they must first see it as worthwhile to review. I gues they don't It's not a big deal though. After Febuary 25th the album will be available to review. Maybe I'll start working on one...Or maybe you can too!

I could but I don't have the time right now, in all honesty. Doing a review is a lot of work.

It's just that we had a review for every other IE album and now we don't, so I thought that was unusual.
----

My Instagram
18.01.2009 - 22:37
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I'm just getting into these guys...I'm listening to the new album and going backwards...I find the Incurable Tragedy to be pretty kickass...it's quite varied...what with all the Incurable Tragedy tracks...those act as great interlude parts...
18.01.2009 - 22:51
BloodTears
ANA-thema
You'll probably love their older stuff then.
----

My Instagram
21.01.2009 - 07:50
Samuel
Hamster wheel
Into Eternity is an awesome band

I love Buried in Oblivion every song on it

but im not a big fan of the newest album and I dont know why... it just doesn't do it for me
25.03.2009 - 01:32
Wyrd

I saw them in Toronto opining up for Iced Earth. It was one of the best shows I ever saw!
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
25.03.2009 - 02:11
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Yeah, Tim Roth was really happy to tour with Iced Earth. They are after all, one of his biggest influences
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

25.03.2009 - 05:22
Biedrik

Written by Arian Totalis on 25.03.2009 at 02:11

Yeah, Tim Roth was really happy to tour with Iced Earth. They are after all, one of his biggest influences

Didn't Roth not get to go on the tour cuz he was sick or something? I remember reading that somewhere.
----
I'm selling metal posters! Ask me about them if you're interested.
25.03.2009 - 05:49
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Biedrik on 25.03.2009 at 05:22

Didn't Roth not get to go on the tour cuz he was sick or something? I remember reading that somewhere.

Oh yeah, I remember that. But I don't know if it was because he was sick. I think it was more severe than that. Either way he was pretty disapointed. Then again, I think it was just part of the tour. He may very well be touring with them right now.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

25.03.2009 - 14:10
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I'm still waiting for them to play here. Hope never dies
----

My Instagram
26.03.2009 - 01:02
Wyrd

Written by Arian Totalis on 25.03.2009 at 05:49

Written by Biedrik on 25.03.2009 at 05:22

Oh yeah, I remember that. But I don't know if it was because he was sick. I think it was more severe than that. Either way he was pretty disapointed. Then again, I think it was just part of the tour. He may very well be touring with them right now.

Your right Tim was not there, But it was because his wife had a baby
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
03.04.2009 - 02:22
Crazy Booduh

I bought the Incurable Tragedy on a whim without listening to them first. They are definitely unique but overall I didn't like it that much. It just seemed like it was 100% full-bore craziness which I guess just isn't my thing.

Actually, my favorite tracks were The Incurable Tragedy I, II, and III when Roth actually showed some restraint.

However, it seems like this album wasn't nearly as loved as their older stuff, so maybe I should check out Scattering of Ashes? I should give Incurable Tragedy another spin too, it's been a while since I listened to it.
03.04.2009 - 12:46
BloodTears
ANA-thema
You should absolutely listen to The Scattering of Ashes and Buried In Oblivion, AT LEAST.
----

My Instagram
03.04.2009 - 16:24
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Crazy Booduh on 03.04.2009 at 02:22

I bought the Incurable Tragedy on a whim without listening to them first. They are definitely unique but overall I didn't like it that much. It just seemed like it was 100% full-bore craziness which I guess just isn't my thing.

Actually, my favorite tracks were The Incurable Tragedy I, II, and III when Roth actually showed some restraint.

However, it seems like this album wasn't nearly as loved as their older stuff, so maybe I should check out Scattering of Ashes? I should give Incurable Tragedy another spin too, it's been a while since I listened to it.

The incurable tragedy is decent but it seems as though there is a missing element. I would say though, that the Scattering of Ashes and Buried in Oblivion (especially BIO) is definitly worth taking a look at. Go for it dude.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

03.04.2009 - 17:47
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Arian Totalis on 03.04.2009 at 16:24

Written by Crazy Booduh on 03.04.2009 at 02:22

The incurable tragedy is decent but it seems as though there is a missing element. I would say though, that the Scattering of Ashes and Buried in Oblivion (especially BIO) is definitly worth taking a look at. Go for it dude.

I don't know, the incurable tragedy is a good album in my opinion, the only thing that makes it not good as the others is the lack of memorable songwriting. There are a lot of repetitions in some of the riffs and that bores the listener, and some of the riffs are predictable really. I'm talking mostly about the heavy songs.

But overall, I can still enjoy the album. It has some inspired moments like the acoustic songs, "Tides of Blood" and "A black light ending". I think "symptoms" is really good as well.
----

My Instagram
03.04.2009 - 19:35
Black_Sheep

Awesome band indeed. Last year i bought their album "The Scattering Of Ashes" from a record store in Lyon, it cost me only 3? and a friend of mine recommended me to buy it. So i did. Week from that, when i was back at home, i listened to the album and oh my god it was awesome. Great stuff.
----
"Reality is almost always wrong."
13.04.2009 - 01:04
Gigginova
Account deleted
I find that I like their latest two albums.
Odd mixture of sub-genres but really unique
The lyrics may be a bit on the emo side but musically it's still METAL!!
14.04.2009 - 06:03
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Eh, if you ask me, it's a good thing that their lyrics take on the tone that they do. It's dark, but in a way that's more immediatly identifiable with the every day, average person. Maybe the term 'emo" is apropriate, as much as I hate to admit it, but they're good lyrics.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko