Metal Storm logo
Into Eternity

Original post

Posted by Arian Totalis, 15.10.2006 - 04:17
This Band is truly a great and unique band all of it's own. They play a style that I've never really heard besides them. I've been a fan for a while now, and I feel that they deserve their own Thread topic. They play a cross between Melodic technical progressive Death metal, (Wow, what a Combo) and Power metal (Just to add to things). They have an ongoing musical theme, that of depressing lyrics, and the combanation of the before mentioned genres. Thus the reason for the question marks under the subcategory. I think....they should be called Eternity Metal
Why don't you guys discuss em' a little, What albums do you like, what do you like or not like about them, etc..... Get going!
30.08.2009 - 17:25
Ag Fox
Angel No More
elite
Just listened to Scattering Of Ashes, my first encounter with the band and I am impressed (=
or am I still too easily impressed?
----
loves 小巫
30.08.2009 - 17:30
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Hey, Into Eternity really is an excellent band I find. But maybe that's just me and I'm biased because they are one of my favourite bands.

I think their albums stand out and are interesting for the open-minded listener.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
31.08.2009 - 00:23
Ag Fox
Angel No More
elite
Written by BloodTears on 30.08.2009 at 17:30

I think their albums stand out and are interesting for the open-minded listener.
don't know about open mindedness, but I love bands with different vocal styles such as Mercenary, Scar Symmetry, Protest The Hero
Going to check out into eternity's other albums as well (=
----
loves 小巫
31.08.2009 - 10:54
Bloody Rain
I Am The Night
Of course I listen to these guys because they're from my hometown!

Anyway, I really like their albums "Dead or Dreaming" and "Buried in Oblivion." I'm not as big of a fan of their newer stuff but it's okay I guess. I heard a few songs off of their debut album and they were really good! I would really like to get that one, but it's out of print.
31.08.2009 - 11:33
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Written by Bloody Rain on 31.08.2009 at 10:54

Of course I listen to these guys because they're from my hometown!

Anyway, I really like their albums "Dead or Dreaming" and "Buried in Oblivion." I'm not as big of a fan of their newer stuff but it's okay I guess. I heard a few songs off of their debut album and they were really good! I would really like to get that one, but it's out of print.

Yes, that's the only original IE album I don't own. It's a shame, I really like it.
----

My Instagram
02.09.2009 - 19:01
MeloDeathViking
Written by Ag Fox on 31.08.2009 at 00:23

don't know about open mindedness, but I love bands with different vocal styles such as Mercenary, Scar Symmetry, Protest The Hero

I would go with Buried in Oblivion next, such a good album. I think it's their best.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
02.09.2009 - 19:12
Ag Fox
Angel No More
elite
Written by MeloDeathViking on 02.09.2009 at 19:01

Written by Ag Fox on 31.08.2009 at 00:23

I would go with Buried in Oblivion next, such a good album. I think it's their best.
I actually got "The Incurable Tragedy" ready and see why some ppl don't like it. Of course I will check Buried in Oblivion
----
loves 小巫
02.09.2009 - 20:04
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
I'm not one of those people. I like "The Incurably Tragedy". Quite a lot actually although I admit is a bit inferior to their previous releases but still very enjoyable for me.
----

My Instagram
03.09.2009 - 15:10
Ag Fox
Angel No More
elite
I know, I checked the album votes to see who gave higher scores before making that move

edit: so I am listening to it right now and I find it equally brilliant to "The Scattering Of Ashes", in fact I might prefer "The Incurable Tragedy" as it sounds heavier [=
edit 2: okay, listened to the whole album. the heavier parts are heavier, but the softer parts are softer
----
loves 小巫
03.09.2009 - 21:27
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
I'm confused. Do you like it or not damn it? lol
----

My Instagram
03.09.2009 - 21:37
Ag Fox
Angel No More
elite
Written by BloodTears on 03.09.2009 at 21:27

i bloody love it XD (just wish there are more of those high pitched screams)
at least as much as the scattering of ashes
----
loves 小巫
03.09.2009 - 22:01
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Now that's more like it!

Yes, they toned down the pitched screams a bit. TIT actually grew on me, I remember I was disappointed the first times I listened to it.
You never know with an album, it changes.
----

My Instagram
04.09.2009 - 00:35
MeloDeathViking
Written by Ag Fox on 03.09.2009 at 21:37

You should check out Dark Deceiver by Zero Hour, they have very similar high pitched vocals. Have you gotten to hear Buried in Oblivion yet?
----
04.09.2009 - 06:02
Ag Fox
Angel No More
elite
Written by MeloDeathViking on 04.09.2009 at 00:35

You should check out Dark Deceiver by Zero Hour, they have very similar high pitched vocals. Have you gotten to hear Buried in Oblivion yet?
hehe, I've actually heard "Dark Deceiver" already, but I've decided it needs a few more spins to appreciate it better as I've been slightly overwhelmed by it, though not by the vocals, rather on the rhythm section (which I found enjoyable, but "chunkier to digest"). Speaking of the high pitched screams, I am reminded of Mercenary's "Architect Of Lies"

okay okay, I'll try "Buried In Oblivion" sooner
----
loves 小巫
04.09.2009 - 15:47
MeloDeathViking
Written by Ag Fox on 04.09.2009 at 06:02

hehe, I've actually heard "Dark Deceiver" already, but I've decided it needs a few more spins to appreciate it better as I've been slightly overwhelmed by it, though not by the vocals, rather on the rhythm section (which I found enjoyable, but "chunkier to digest"). Speaking of the high pitched screams, I am reminded of Mercenary's "Architect Of Lies"

I couldn't get into Architect of Lies, not sure why. Haha, my persistance pays off!
----
13.09.2009 - 00:28
RyanH
Saw these guys live in FL, was pretty awesome
13.09.2009 - 10:28
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Actually I find them disappointing live. But I never saw them, I just saw videos on youtube. Even from their last tour.

I think they fail to deliver, Stu can't reach some of those notes.
----

My Instagram
13.09.2009 - 11:02
Warlock84
One of my all time favorite bands. Combines a little bit of everything together. Very skilled musicians. Saw them live with Dark Tranquillity and The Haunted in early 2007 when The Scattering of Ashes came out and I was quite impressed, and became a huge fan. Saw them again at the end of last year with Iced Earth and they were still phenomenal even though Tim Roth couldn't be a part of the tour.
----
All we are is the passion that burns inside us
13.09.2009 - 14:03
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Written by Warlock84 on 13.09.2009 at 11:02

One of my all time favorite bands. Combines a little bit of everything together. Very skilled musicians. Saw them live with Dark Tranquillity and The Haunted in early 2007 when The Scattering of Ashes came out and I was quite impressed, and became a huge fan. Saw them again at the end of last year with Iced Earth and they were still phenomenal even though Tim Roth couldn't be a part of the tour.

Maybe I just watched all the wrong videos lol But I do think that Stu could do better live.
----

My Instagram
14.09.2009 - 07:00
Warlock84
Quote:
Written by Warlock84 on 13.09.2009 at 11:02

Maybe I just watched all the wrong videos lol But I do think that Stu could do better live.

I couldn't tell that he was off, but I can only imagine how difficult it must be to hit those notes live. He is human. In a recording studio is one thing, but live is a whole other ball game. I will say they are the nerdiest band I have ever seen. Lol. Stu almost tries to do stand up comedy in between songs... kinda lame. I just wanna hear the music.
----
All we are is the passion that burns inside us
10.10.2009 - 03:53
Ag Fox
Angel No More
elite
Written by MeloDeathViking on 04.09.2009 at 15:47

Written by Ag Fox on 04.09.2009 at 06:02

I couldn't get into Architect of Lies, not sure why. Haha, my persistance pays off!

I think out of the three albums from them I have listened to, I like Scattering of Ashes the most. Buried In Oblivion as an album on it's own is a strong one, though I don't see it being better than the other two. In fact, I find the mix a bit quite(?)
----
loves 小巫
13.12.2009 - 14:00
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Wonder when we'll get a new album from these guys. Maybe late 2010, who knows.
----

My Instagram
31.12.2009 - 19:38
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Written by Guest on 31.12.2009 at 19:18

Written by BloodTears on 13.12.2009 at 14:00

very possible

It's just a guess, I haven't heard any news from them.
----

My Instagram
29.01.2010 - 01:47
Bloody Rain
I Am The Night

I doubt it. The band hasn't even played together in a long while. The thing is the band is based in SK Canada but their drummer is from the US (Boston I think ). So of course this complicates things a little bit especially seeing as how the Canadian/US border has been really tight lately. I even heard a rumor that they might get a new drummer.

Well who knows? I could be wrong.
29.01.2010 - 10:58
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Written by Bloody Rain on 29.01.2010 at 01:47

I doubt it. The band hasn't even played together in a long while. The thing is the band is based in SK Canada but their drummer is from the US (Boston I think ). So of course this complicates things a little bit especially seeing as how the Canadian/US border has been really tight lately. I even heard a rumor that they might get a new drummer.

Well who knows? I could be wrong.

It depends, if they are actually writings new songs or not. I think they have been "away" for a while but also Tim Roth has been having a lot of problems, so I don't know if he's still struggling with that. But an update from these guys would be nice.
----

My Instagram
30.01.2010 - 01:03
Bloody Rain
I Am The Night
Well if I see any of them at any upcoming shows here, I'll get an update.
30.01.2010 - 18:37
Ag Fox
Angel No More
elite
What problems is he having?
----
loves 小巫
01.02.2010 - 20:04
Bloody Rain
I Am The Night
I'm not really sure. I'm thinking it's likely emotion problems due to cancer killing off his friends and his father. I have to say that I really feel sorry for the guy. I've met him quite a few times, and he's a really awesome guy. He doesn't deserve the shit he's been going through.
02.02.2010 - 18:38
Ag Fox
Angel No More
elite
That's unfortunate... hope he pulls through
----
loves 小巫
02.02.2010 - 19:21
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
The drama that they aired in their last album was quite the glaring beacon of future problems arising within the band...all of this news should come as no surprise...