‹‹ Back to the Extreme metal forum Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Users visited: 136  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by !J.O.O.E.! on 15.12.2011 at 20:15
Arguably my favourite area of black metal (along with psychedelic, an area certainly not exclusive to industrial, though much harder to define), the Industrial variety is something that has never made much headway, even in black metal circles. It tends to remain in disparate pools, rather than collating into any semblance of "scene" or "movement" or what have you. Personally I'd hate it if it became en vogue and started to (arguably) stagnate like the post-rock, blackgaze, atmo-black bands that are currently trending. Each entity is often unique and forced to define themselves by creative means. In terms of the fangled "atmosphere" that every blackened outfit purports to exude, industrial is by far the most appealing for me, doing away with trite evil and archaic visual themes in favour of an oppressive, mechanised terror, images of decay and post-apocalyptic dischord and themes of politics and philosophy.

And of course, gas masks.

Some favourites of the genre to follow in the first post....

Page 5 of 5

Dark†SymphonY
Ollie

24.12.2014 at 14:19
Good industrial black I recently discovered.

Also I have a list full of industrial bands : www.metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=3718
criminal_deity

25.12.2014 at 23:44
Written by Ilham on 24.12.2014 at 11:25

Written by criminal_deity on 24.12.2014 at 07:03

Helel tape

They're still alive? What's the line-up now?

Mz and someone new on keyboards from what he told me recently. they are working on a full-length.

Written by Dark†SymphonY on 24.12.2014 at 14:19

Good industrial black I recently discovered.

yes, that very track was posted (but not embedded) on page 2

and incidentally was the inspiration for this
https://soundcloud.com/blackpulse

album set a yet unsurpassed bar imo at least for a studio project. wish they could have done it live and toured before LSK's death.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Login or register to post here.