‹‹ Back to the Extreme metal forum Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Users visited: 123  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by !J.O.O.E.! on 15.12.2011 at 20:15
Arguably my favourite area of black metal (along with psychedelic, an area certainly not exclusive to industrial, though much harder to define), the Industrial variety is something that has never made much headway, even in black metal circles. It tends to remain in disparate pools, rather than collating into any semblance of "scene" or "movement" or what have you. Personally I'd hate it if it became en vogue and started to (arguably) stagnate like the post-rock, blackgaze, atmo-black bands that are currently trending. Each entity is often unique and forced to define themselves by creative means. In terms of the fangled "atmosphere" that every blackened outfit purports to exude, industrial is by far the most appealing for me, doing away with trite evil and archaic visual themes in favour of an oppressive, mechanised terror, images of decay and post-apocalyptic dischord and themes of politics and philosophy.

And of course, gas masks.

Some favourites of the genre to follow in the first post....

Page 4 of 4

criminal_deity

29.06.2014 at 04:16
Written by Ilham on 18.06.2014 at 23:07

Written by Karlabos on 22.11.2013 at 01:13

Didn't know Out of Order became Helel.

That's not exactly what happened, it's technically not OoO, it's another project.

i don't know the details, i just know there was a falling out, i assumed with the vocalist since the other two last known members (Skvm and Mz) have gone on together with Helel and Arvakh. i was in communication with one of them via a facebook group but i did not want to ask publicly.

Metal Archives mentions "problems", but isn't specific, neither is Foedus Aeternus...
http://www.foedus-aeternus.net/faprod.php?id=2
"Even if many people hate the man behind oOo, FOEDUS AETERNUS strongly supports him because of his incredibly high musical skills !! Insane Indus Black Metal à la DIABOLICUM !!! Fuck you all jealous cunts !"
Ilham
attention whore*

29.06.2014 at 04:42
Written by criminal_deity on 29.06.2014 at 04:16

i don't know the details, i just know there was a falling out, i assumed with the vocalist since the other two last known members (Skvm and Mz) have gone on together with Helel and Arvakh. i was in communication with one of them via a facebook group but i did not want to ask publicly.

Metal Archives mentions "problems", but isn't specific, neither is Foedus Aeternus...
http://www.foedus-aeternus.net/faprod.php?id=2
"Even if many people hate the man behind oOo, FOEDUS AETERNUS strongly supports him because of his incredibly high musical skills !! Insane Indus Black Metal à la DIABOLICUM !!! Fuck you all jealous cunts !"

I was around at the time it happened. But I myself had a falling out with them. And the drama in that circle attains levels that even the best Broadway productions would only dream to achieve. So I don't remember the why, but Mz. left first if I remember well. He is not undeserving of that hate. People are not jealous. But who cares indeed.
criminal_deity

02.07.2014 at 19:01
Written by Ilham on 29.06.2014 at 04:42
drama in that circle
you mean those specific people or the scene in Paris?

Quote:
But who cares indeed
well i'm not particularly interested in issues outside of music, but, being a fan of industrial bm, i am interested in the backgrounds of the people who add the electronic/industrial elements to these projects (Saint Vincent of Blacklodge, Judicael of Neo Inferno 262, The Shocker from Iperyt, etc). France seems to be the most prolific with their number of industrial bm bands and i have been curious as to how/why that managed to happen there.
Ilham
attention whore*

02.07.2014 at 19:17
Written by criminal_deity on 02.07.2014 at 19:01
you mean those specific people or the scene in Paris?
Both. I had my share of drama with them, that I didn't find in Lyon and Toulouse. Although I did not spend much time in those two cities, I have friends who tell me there are less tensions than in the Paris groups.
Written by criminal_deity on 02.07.2014 at 19:01
well i'm not particularly interested in issues outside of music, but, being a fan of industrial bm, i am interested in the backgrounds of the people who add the electronic/industrial elements to these projects (Saint Vincent of Blacklodge, Judicael of Neo Inferno 262, The Shocker from Iperyt, etc). France seems to be the most prolific with their number of industrial bm bands and i have been curious as to how/why that managed to happen there.
I understand, same here. But the drama is the reason so many projects are made and broken in such a short period of time in that scene. I am not gravitating around any of those people anymore. So I do not have fresh gossip to give you that could enlighten you as to why x is working with y, and why y took z's concept for the n album.
criminal_deity

02.07.2014 at 22:29
well from a general cultural perspective though, not so much individuals, what is it about the scene(s) in France that has made it so conducive to industrial bm? i have an H.I.V.+ vs D.Forma cd from Kubernoise that i think Necrocosm sent me along with an order, and there was JR Rodriguez doing that Sektemtum remix (which was recent), but other than them i know very little of the French electronic/industrial scene or how/why any of them would be tied to the (black) metal scene.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Login or register to post here.