Metal Storm logo
Psycroptic - New Song Online

"Carriers Of The Plague", a brand-new song from Australian technical death metallers Psycroptic can now be streamed on the band's Facebook page.

"Carriers Of The Plague" comes off the band's upcoming album The Inherited Repression, which is set to be released on February 7th (North America) and February 10th (Europe) through Nuclear Blast Records. More album details were previously reported here and here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Psycroptic
Posted: 16.12.2011 by Nekrokvlt

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 87 users
16.12.2011 - 00:57
Nekrokvlt
Account deleted
Sounds beast.
16.12.2011 - 01:03
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Can finally listen without "liking". Thumbs up for that.

Pretty good musically, but I just can't get into those vocals. :/
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
16.12.2011 - 01:04
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.12.2011 at 01:03

Pretty good musically, but I just can't get into those vocals. :/

This.
16.12.2011 - 01:05
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 16.12.2011 at 01:04
This.

Phew. I thought I was gonna be the only one.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
16.12.2011 - 01:06
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.12.2011 at 01:05

Phew. I thought I was gonna be the only one.

Nah, I don't know why with such a (relatively) well known band with good talent behind it you'd opt for such average (and hardcore) sounding vox.
16.12.2011 - 01:10
opeth771

As soon as Chalky left, I could never listen to their new songs as I couldn't stand the vocals. But this song... WOW it is amazing... Imagine with Chalky how good it would be!
16.12.2011 - 13:48
Absak

Being too nice is the downfall of this band. By that I mean they should fire Jason Pepiatt.
16.12.2011 - 18:06
Ankläger

Man, haven't listened to anything but Sceptre of the Ancients in at least 3 years...
Still a great band, but FIRE THAT ASSHOLE!
(Seriously, is there ANYONE in the metal world that actually likes this guy?)
(I'm just waiting for the bridge when he breaks into a clean bit about inner struggle and society)
16.12.2011 - 20:58
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I'm sure there are some people who enjoy the vocals... but for the rest of us who don't require brain surgery, he's just terrible. Maybe he'd fit in with a metalcore band or a hardcore/punk band or something. It's a shame too, because the musicianship is borderline stellar.
----
18.12.2011 - 00:08
Misfit74

Ahh...missed this thread when linking to the new song in the band-thread. I'm cool with the vocals enough to enjoy the music, but I can understand why people complain about them. Seems like any vocals that have scream to them get a Nu/Core bias against them and perhaps that's entirely fair. That said, I also like the new Decapitated vocalist. And, while Psycroptic's new front-man isn't as good, he does fit within the framework and energy of the band, so I can deal with it. It probably helps that I don't have a long history with this band and it's prior vocalists.

All that said: this is, as of this moment, becoming one of my favorite bands to follow right now. The music that moves me the most is built on guitar and Joe Haney is a master at his craft. Vogg is my favorite, though.

Hits total: 5674 | This month: 4